Page 81 of 166 FirstFirst ... 31717879808182838491131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2487

Default Re: NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

Okay so there's definitely a trade.......

Banned

That Davis signing is great. He's a really underrated PF. He could be this season's Earl Clark except actually good.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Say hello to Carlos Boozer
    at least there's enough big men for competition... he can sit on the bench if he starts getting lazy on the boards...

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    at least there's enough big men for competition... he can sit on the bench if he starts getting lazy on the boards...
    Definitely, this is a team that is starting to get points. Boozer can give us points and some rebounds. I don't know why this move is being criticized by the main forum, for the price we got him for, its a good deal.

He does often get lazy, I wonder how he'd fit with Kobe. Do you think Randle, with his handles and quickness could be playing some 3 this season?

shhhhhhh

the boozer signing kind of trumps my twisted perverted idea of bringing Artest in on a one year deal to yell at the kids...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    the boozer signing kind of trumps my twisted perverted idea of bringing Artest in on a one year deal to yell at the kids...
    He could serve Byron Scott whiskey at halftime too.

Lakers offered 36yr Dirk Nowitzki the max before he re-signed with Dallas few days back.. What kind of craziness is this? Talk about no vision..

One of the things that Gasol can do is play C -- Dirk has almost never started at center so if goal was to replace Dirk with Gasol, that would not work out w/ Randle at PF. If the goal was to bring Melo on board, that would not work if you gave max to Dirk. Lakers had only enough room for one max deal.

Anyone else lost by this?

Story going online now detailing how Rockets AND Lakers called w/max offers for Nowitzki, but he rebuffed all outside interest to stay w/DAL
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/1...s-max-contract

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Lakers offered 36yr Dirk Nowitzki the max before he re-signed with Dallas few days back.. What kind of craziness is this? Talk about no vision..

One of the things that Gasol can do is play C -- Dirk has almost never started at center so if goal was to replace Dirk with Gasol, that would not work out w/ Randle at PF. If the goal was to bring Melo on board, that would not work if you gave max to Dirk. Lakers had only enough room for one max deal.

Anyone else lost by this?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/1...s-max-contract
    The idea wasn't to replace Gasol with Dirk... it was to pair Kobe Gasol and Dirk, this was at the same time they had offer out to Melo and Lebron... this was reported last week right after Dirk signed with dallas...
    Last edited by gts; 07-17-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Boozer, seriously , why the hell do we even need him at all, why aren't we looking into wing players like we should be, and why are we bringing in more guys to take away from Randle's minutes.

I'm lost here, anyone have any sensible reasons or ideas on why we would even be doing this?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Cap space is set to 63 million. Here's how I would fill out the rest of the Lakers roster this season:

PG: Lin (8 mill) | Marshall (1 mill) | Hinrich (1 mill)
    SG: Kobe (23.5 mill) | Young (5 mill) | Clarkson (1 mill)
    SF: Stephenson (8 mill) | Henry (1 mill) | Johnson (1 mill)
    PF: Randle (1 mill) | Boozer (1 mill) | Kelly (1 mill)
    C: Hill (9 mill) | Sacre (1 mill)

1. Sign Lance Stephenson to 8 mill per season/4 year contract (last year player option)
    2. S&T Pau Gasol to Bulls for Kirk Hinrich (1mill/year for 2 years) and a 1st round pick
    3. Sign Carlos Boozer off Amnesty waivers for 1 mill/1 year
    4. Stretch provision waive Steve Nash to save 6 mill
    5. Resign Kendall Marshall for 1 mill/1 year
    6. Resign Xavier Henry for 1 mill/1 year
    7. Resign Wesley Johnson for 1 mill/1 year
    8. Resign Ryan Kelly for 1 mill/1 year

If Kobe can return to form, Randle puts up 15/8 as a ZBo type 2nd option and Hill/Stephenson/Lin provide consistent rebounding/defense/playmaking and 3pt shooting with Young as the 6th man scorer and Sacre/Boozer acting like gangster West Coast enforcers off the bench, then this team can make the playoffs 6-8 spot. The West is stacked and upsets can happen depending on matchups.

In terms of future flexibility, Lakers then would have also gained 2 first round picks (1 from Lin trade, 1 from Gasol trade) this offseason to dangle in trades next season and beyond. So most of the players would come off the books after this season until a major free agent can be signed (e.g. Aldridge, Love, Durant, Westbrook)

hahaha I liked how no one on here responded to my post and the Lakers ended up getting Boozer. At least I know Jim is listening

The frontcourt rotation is now SOLID. Lakers have usually emphasized having good front court players. They still need a good 3&D guy at the SF position for spacing purposes..if they're going to make any noise in the playoffs.

PG: Lin | Marshall | Nash
    SG: Bryant | Young | Clarkson
    SF: Johnson | Henry
    PF: Boozer | Randle | Davis
    C: Hill | Sacre

The key would be Wesley Johnson's 3pt shooting %. We all know he has the length and athleticism for the weak side help and man to man defense. The next step he has to take is to develop into the Ariza/Artest championship 3pt shooting mold. I really wanted them to keep Farmar in place of Marshall..but oh well.

Say what you want about our starting lineup, but every single one of those players like to play hard. I can already see the LA fans getting up for this squad, especially the Asians and Hispanics. Boozer and Sacre west coast gangbangers

Don't mess with Booze. He's a great rebounder, got the Gasol yell and quite a knack for balls

Last edited by BallsOut; 07-17-2014 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    hahaha I liked how no one on here responded to my post and the Lakers ended up getting Boozer. At least I know Jim is listening

The frontcourt rotation is now SOLID. Lakers have usually emphasized having good front court players. They still need a good 3&D guy at the SF position for spacing purposes..if they're going to make any noise in the playoffs.

PG: Lin | Marshall | Nash
    SG: Bryant | Young | Clarkson
    SF: Johnson | Henry
    PF: Boozer | Randle | Davis
    C: Hill | Sacre

The key would be Wesley Johnson's 3pt shooting %. We all know he has the length and athleticism for the weak side help and man to man defense. The next step he has to take is to develop into the Ariza/Artest championship 3pt shooting mold. I really wanted them to keep Farmar in place of Marshall..but oh well.

Say what you want about our starting lineup, but every single one of those players like to play hard. I can already see the LA fans getting up for this squad, especially the Asians and Hispanics. Boozer and Sacre west coast gangbangers

Don't mess with Booze. He's a great rebounder, got the Gasol yell and quite a knack for balls

Yes, i like Henry and Johnson too. I think what would greatly benefit Wesley tho is a really good shooting coach.
    Seems like Clarkson is more of a shooting guard but he is waay undersized to be a SG.
    lastly lol on the video of Booze Cruize giving the the ref a balls bruize.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
    Boozer, seriously , why the hell do we even need him at all, why aren't we looking into wing players like we should be, and why are we bringing in more guys to take away from Randle's minutes.

I'm lost here, anyone have any sensible reasons or ideas on why we would even be doing this?
    Who said they are done signing any more wing players?
    making a quick move to acquire Boozer makes sense to me bec they have very limited scorers coming from the frontline. Losing Pau left a huge vacuum. Randle is still raw, dribbles too much esp just going to his left....
    When motivated, Boozer can still give you 16 pts 8 rebs, has good range from as far as 17 feet, ideal for pick and pop situations, can use both hands to finish etc. I don't see him playing more than 70 games tho.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    They (Sixers) won't need to keep tanking. After a lottery pick this year they should be set with a core. They'll just need time to develop.
    I love your confidence in terms of your ability to prognosticate.
    Embiid has played zero minutes against any NBA bigs, too many question marks imo.
    1. Can he really stay healthy? again God forbid, he could be another Yao, Brook Lopez, Bynum, Oden, Bogut etc etc.
    2. Can he really be effective playing along side another 7 footer. Many have failed, ask Pau and Bynum or Asik and Howard, when was the last time this twin tower concept did work? Duncan/DRob back 16 yrs ago? Portland's Aldridge has great range as far as 20 feet. Marc is even more limited but is a fairly good passer plus Zach is also versatile.
    3. Does he really have the talent? remember he played very limited games against young college players! or he could be another Kwame or Darko.
    4. Does he really have the toughness, to go toe to toe vs highly physical players like Noah, Nene, Haslem, Josh Smith etc. or he could be another Jonathan Bender or Ralph Sampson etc.

5. Does he have that heart to play with pain or would he be another Tracy McGrady, Marbury.
    6. Does he have the IQ to read complicated double teaming schemes where the double teamer changes constantly, sometimes a PG or a SG etc, can he really spot that open guy and make the accurate pass?
    Im not saying he is an automatic fail, but a couple of "no's" here will be a problem, and mind you, these questions also pertains to Nerlens Noel.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 07-18-2014 at 10:07 AM.

OK so we need another SF......

And I think we need another vet. Matrix anyone???

Ray Allen???? (Probably would not come here)

And any news on Steve Nash?

shhhhhhh

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 2m
    Kobe: "I can sit here and tell you with 100 percent honesty that I'm happy with the effort the organization put forward this summer"

Kobe "I think Mitch has responded quite efficiently (from missing on Melo/Pau) by picking up some of the pieces he has"