Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Malcolm X

Default Malcolm X

Always heard such differing opinions and recounts about Malcolm X through the years depending on which community is expressing. I wanted to buy a tee shirt with the picture of dude looking thru the window with the rifle cuz I been on a "**** the established order" type kick lately.

What's the low down, unbiased deal with Malcolm? Can anyone paint an accurate and not sensationalist overview about the Magneto of US Civil Rights?

Will rep depending on responses and not sarcastic troll bait.
    Last edited by ROCSteady; 12-19-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Default Re: Malcolm X

rep is down

Watch the Spike Lee bio played by Denzel Washington and read his book.

Seriously, have people become too lazy to Google. You need someone to give you a perspective as well?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Watch the Spike Lee bio played by Denzel Washington and read his book.
    Thanks but I don't think of Spike as unbiased or grounded. I want the account from an objective educated viewpoint with no dogs in the race so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Seriously, have people become too lazy to Google. You need someone to give you a perspective as well?
    Fck off t wat

I made a thread becuz my Mac is getting fixed so I'm posting from my phone, not the best research tool. I come here for opinions of some of the posters that matter so I seek input from those well learned on the figure.

Either contribute or polish my ball bag.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    Fck off t wat

I made a thread becuz my Mac is getting fixed so I'm posting from my phone, not the best research tool. I come here for opinions of some of the posters that matter so I seek input from those well learned on the figure.

Either contribute or polish my ball bag.
    Was gonna come here and give you the real low-down, but not anymore.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Has a Mac and hates the establishment.

LMAO y'all too funny. I don't really kno computers like that.

Apple products are just simple to use & I'm all for makin my life as simple as possible in regards to tech.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    Thanks but I don't think of Spike as unbiased or grounded. I want the account from an objective educated viewpoint with no dogs in the race so to speak.
    Get his book Autobiography of Malcom X which was published shortly after his death in 1965.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AmuYqjRyg

Start watching. Fascinating person, I've heard as much of him speaking as is available on YT. I don't agree with all his ideologies and neither did America at that time but he was intelligent and wanted for his people to be in a much better place than they were during his time. He was more militant minded and distrustful of whites than say, MLK. He was a huge figure in the civil rights movement, a supremely confident intelligent figure for black community to look up to. From what I gathered in all his speeches avail on YT he wanted blacks in America to have a greater place in this country but to be separate and independent of whites, as he seemed to feel whites were all proven corrupt by their history.

Denzel deserves an Oscar in his performance in that movie.

Banned

He was far superior to Martin Luther King in terms of being a leader for his people.

Rather than just wanting handouts like the majority of "black activists" he wanted independence for the black people. Black people governing themselves. Better black people that weren't the lowliest of the low which is all too common among in those types of communities.

Thanks brother. Will rep when it's back.

I want a balanced account I his deeds, trials and all that. Not the ppl that see him as a Pope like martyr figure semi deity like certain black folk or the radical violent menace to society like Conservative whites can.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    He was far superior to Martin Luther King in terms of being a leader for his people.
    This is a bunch of revisionist nonsense. MLK actually had achievements while Malcolm X really didn't. King got the Civil Rights Act passed.

The other thing to know about Malcom X is underwent a pretty giant change in his philosophy before he died. You might say it is the reason he was killed.

But it would have been quite interesting to see what would have happened if he lived longer.

Malcolm X had several acts in his life. I think the book and the movie are fine places to start.