Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dwyane Wade not happy about the Refs not following the Script!!

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Did you really just NEG me for that?
    ha ha

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    He is right, you have to separate the assertion from the asserter.
    You cannot allow your emotional state to cloud your judgement on the topic at hand!
    catch24 was engaging in argumentum ad hominem. That was a righteous neg meticode.

lol dwayde must have left his gameshark at home cause he definitely lost the combination for ref mode.

I would like to see referees allowing more contact.

It's hard to watch the game turning into the free-throw shooting contest.

Also I would like them to stop calling technical for every bullshit

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

i love wade. but i hate when players show up the refs....especially when they don't get fouled.

its just not wade specific. i see almost every star pull this crap all the time. they have all gotten so spoiled getting bailout calls left and right now in this soft ass defensive era. its been such a joke since 06.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    i love wade. but i hate when players show up the refs....especially when they don't get fouled.

its just not wade specific. i see almost every star pull this crap all the time. they have all gotten so spoiled getting bailout calls left and right now in this soft ass defensive era. its been such a joke since 06.
    THAT is what I am talking about. Wade plays to get to the line more than any player I've seen to the point where if he gets in the paint, he's yelling and expecting a foul no matter what. He may not get them everytime but he sure as hell expects them.

I mean did you see that? The dude played the ball and went for the block.. literally ZERO contact. Not even a millimeter of that guys skin touched any part of wade, wade bricked the layup, and he got pissed because he wasn't gifted a pair of FTs. I mean he expected a foul call when he wasn't even touched!

The sad thing is this is a foul call at least 50% of the time...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    THAT is what I am talking about. Wade plays to get to the line more than any player I've seen to the point where if he gets in the paint, he's yelling and expecting a foul no matter what. He may not get them everytime but he sure as hell expects them.

I mean did you see that? The dude played the ball and went for the block.. literally ZERO contact. Not even a millimeter of that guys skin touched any part of wade, wade bricked the layup, and he got pissed because he wasn't gifted a pair of FTs. I mean he expected a foul call when he wasn't even touched!

The sad thing is this is a foul call at least 50% of the time...
    "to the point where if he gets in the paint, he's yelling and expecting a foul no matter what. He may not get them everytime but he sure as hell expects them.
    "

That's Kobe, he's the only player that yells on the way to the rim, though they all b1tch afterwards

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFA5vSjvzGk

"Dwhistle is so used to getting foul calls when guys breathe on him without any contact what so ever, in so much that in the Miami vs Bucks game, he reacted when the refs deviated from the script.

Shouting off the camera... "If it arn't broke, don't fix it!""

That's the environment the superstar calls has created. When calls don't go their way they berate the officials. Officials clearly made the right call, no foul. D-Whistle should be embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by MayCeltics
    That's the environment the superstar calls has created. When calls don't go their way they berate the officials. Officials clearly made the right call, no foul. D-Whistle should be embarrassed
    yeah berating is never good, but i dont mind it when the refs blatantly miss a call. i hate when stoudamire gets technicals on those. hacked and he throws his hand up and quick technical.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

It was a shameful display and perfectly indicative of what the Superstar Call attitude has created: entitlement.

You see it the worst from Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Pierce...its shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    I don't know about Wade, but LeBron was fouled a good 4-5 times in the 4th qtr without once going to the line. The poorest officiated qtr I have seen all season.

It's funny how no one even mentions that Lebron was getting murdered in the paint that game...guess it doesn't fit haters agenda then

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

He is my favourite player since his first game in NBA but I must say that I was just when he reacted like that against Bucks.

But to be honest, every star in NBA is doing that sometimes. Kobe and Gasol did the same thing couple of times against Miami.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

They're addressing this the wrong way too. They're calling techs on the player complaining, when they've spoiled those players to the point they actually expect calls on nothing and throw tantrums when they don't get them. Wade is literally hopping up and down like some child denied the ice cream or toy he wanted.

What they should do is sit each team down in the preseason and say: No more fouls called on incidental contact. No more fouls called on "creating contact". No more star treatment/bail-out calls. Don't bother complaining, it's not going to ever change the call.

Then actually call the game that way.

Let the journey of "The Whistles" coming back down to earth begin!

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard
    They're addressing this the wrong way too. They're calling techs on the player complaining, when they've spoiled those players to the point they actually expect calls on nothing and throw tantrums when they don't get them. Wade is literally hopping up and down like some child denied the ice cream or toy he wanted.

What they should do is sit each team down in the preseason and say: No more fouls called on incidental contact. No more fouls called on "creating contact". No more star treatment/bail-out calls. Don't bother complaining, it's not going to ever change the call.

Then actually call the game that way.
    I like the theory but I worry about how gets implemented evenly with the slate of officials we're dealing with here. Too many of these guys like to think they should be a part of the action, a part of the story on the floor. See Joe Crawford, Dick Bavetta, Bennett Salvatore and Bob Delaney for proof on that.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

This ain't the Finals, Wade.