Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Iguodala cannot guard Kawhi but has no problem with Lebron

Laz... you have turned yourself into such a laughingstock this summer. You were always a joke, but it's become quite severe.

Good High School Starter Lord P's Avatar

I already addressed the first one, but here goes...

BTW, I am sick-and-tired of these constant anti-Lebron threads you continue to plague this forum with.

Isolation? I could not care less. Lebron just faced the #1 defense in the league, and averaged a 36-13-8 on a .400 FG%. And he faced them with a complete collection of misfits that likely couldn't beat a middle school girls team. It was basically Lebron, and the "Three Stooges" (JR Smith, Deli, and Shumpert, who shot .312, .283, and .258 from the field respectively.)

Guess what, when Jordan faced the #1 defense in the league, in the Knicks in the '93 playoffs...

32.2 ppg on, guess what... a .400 FG%. And he did so with FAR greater personnel than what Lebron was saddled with in this year's Finals. Hell, that same exact Bulls roster, SANS Jordan, went 55-27 the very next season, and were a close and controversial game seven from beating a Knicks team that would lose a close game seven to the Rockets in the Finals.

So, please, don't tell us that Lebron's supporting cast in the '15 Finals was ANYWHERE NEAR the talent level of Jordan's STACKED supporting casts in the entire decade of the 90's.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...vs-knicks.html

How about MJ against the '87 Celtics...in yet another first round sweeping loss...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...s-celtics.html

35.7 ppg on a .417 FG%.

Now, you explain this to me...if Lebron could win two games against the 67-15 Warriors, and take them to the limit in two more...how come MJ couldn't win a single game against a slowly deteriorating '87 Celtic team that went 59-23, and was only the 4th best defense in the league?

How about Jordan in the '96 Finals, and the second best defense in the league?

27.3 ppg on a .415 FG%.

He sure as hell wasn't walking on water in those three series.

And BTW, I don't know of any intelligent poster here who ranks Lebron ahead of MJ. So, there is no need to CONSTANTLY start anti-Lebron topics.
    EXACTLY. Jordan had his share of post-season flop jobs, as well. In fact, he was downright awful in the '96 Finals when he was defended by the Glove in the last three games.

It doesn't detract from the Jester's HORRIFIC '15 Finals. Again, .398 from the field, and a WAY WORSE, .351 from the field when defended by what should have been a UNANIMOUS FMVP in Iggy. Oh, and even WORSE .356 from the field in his 4th quarters and OT. Again, how in the hell did LePUKE's teammates carry him to a win game two, when LeCHOKE shot 11-35 from the field overall; 2-8 in the 4th quarter; and then 0-4 in OT? Think about that...his TEAMMATES were able to overcome the Jester's 2-12 from the floor in the 4th quarter and OT for a WIN.

Of course Shrinkage, as always, was downright pathetic in his 4th quarters and OT in the '15 Finals...shooting an over .356.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=31

Easy. Blame the voters.

BTW, how does a player that puts up a 36-13-8 series lose to a guy who put up a 16-6-4 series?
    I answered my own question.

Iggy DOMINATED LeCHOKE in the '15 Finals.

16-6-4 on a .588 TS% (LeClank was at .477 BTW.)

Iggy should have won a UNANIMOUS FMVP in '15.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    You forgot to paste "citation needed" for the bolded part...

202pts > 65

33.6ppg > 10.8

76% from the FTL > 44%

Leading scorer for his team > 5th leading

Yeah......Wilt DOMINATED Kareem. Have another wine cooler, Chico.
    http://content.time.com/time/magazin...l?iid=sr-link1

Again...TIME MAGAZINE :

Chamberlain performed so well in the series that TIME magazine stated, "In the N.B.A.'s western division title series with Milwaukee, he (Chamberlain) decisively outplayed basketball's newest giant superstar, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, eleven years his junior."[95

BTW, here was an article from the MILWAUKEE JOURNAL:

Kareem’s Image as Best Suffered in Buck Defeat
    Bob Wolf
    The Milwaukee Journal, April 24, 1972

When the Milwaukee Bucks won the National Basketball Association championship a year ago, there was talk that they had a dynasty in the making.

But their dynasty ended before it really began, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar’s reputation as the greatest center of all time was tarnished in the process.

Abdul-Jabbar failed to outplay either Nate Thurmond of the Golden State Warriors or Wilt Chamberlain of the Los Angeles Lakers in the playoffs, and [COLOR="DarkRed"]his inability to contain Chamberlain[/COLOR] finally made the difference in the Laker series that ended in disaster at the Arena Saturday

Matter of Muscle

In the first round series with the Warriors, Abdul-Jabbar outrebounded Thurmond 95-89, but was outscored, 127-114. The Bucks won the series, four games to one.

In the semifinal series with the Lakers, Abdul-Jabbar had a tremendous edge in scoring, 202-67, but was outrebounded, 116-105, and was outmuscled by a greater margin than that. H[COLOR="DarkRed"]e actually reached the point on occasion where he was intimidated by Chamberlain as he headed toward the basket[/COLOR], and who ever heard of the big Buck being intimidated?

The Lakers eliminated the Bucks in six games, and the turning point occurred, with the series tied 2-2, when Chamberlain took advantage of his tremendous advantage in weight and strength and began pushing Abdul-Jabbar around. Wilt is listed at 275 pounds but probably weighs 290, to Abdul-Jabbar’s 230.

Perhaps the best illustration of Abdul-Jabbar’s difficulties lay in his shooting averages. He shot .574 in the regular season but only .437 in the playoffs ― .405 against Thurmond and .457 against Chamberlain.

Because of the strong defensive work of his two veteran rivals, Abdul-Jabbar often was forced away from his favorite shooting positions. He took hook shots from 12 to 15 feet away instead of from 8 to 10, and sometimes he even resorted to 15 foot jump shots.

Keep It Up

As Chamberlain put it after the fifth game in Los Angeles, which the Lakers won, 115-90, “Tonight Kareem was taking jump shots. That’s something he doesn’t usually do, but I hope he keeps on doing it.”

Abdul-Jabbar took more jump shots Saturday as the Lakers ended the series with a 104-100 victory, and Bucks Coach Larry Costello said, “I don’t want Kareem taking 15 footers. You do that and you’re just not playing your game.”

But Chamberlain’s dominating presence obviously had much to do with Abdul-Jabbar’s change in tactics, [COLOR="DarkRed"]and Wilt’s performance against the man who supposedly had usurped his title as king of the giants must have been one of the most satisfying of his long career[/COLOR].
    More...

http://www.nba.com/history/season/19711972.html

The Lakers swept Chicago four straight and defeated Milwaukee in six games as [COLOR="DarkRed"]Chamberlain outdueled Kareem Abdul-Jabbar[/COLOR]. New York defeated Baltimore and surprising Boston in the Eastern Conference Playoffs, but without Willis Reed in the Finals, proved no match for the Lakers, who got finally got their Championship in five games.
    Of course, holding a PEAK Kareem to an overall .457 FG%, in a season in which he had shot .574 against the NBA was THE reason. Not only that, but Chamberlain held KAJ to a .414 FG% in the last four pivotal games, and was knocking the "unblockable" sky hook all over the gym.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 10-28-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiolos
    When are people going to stop with this meme? Only reason LeBron had trouble with Iggy is because LeBron is already old. Where was Iggy when he was facing LeBron in 2011 in the first round? LeBron clown stopped all over him in 2011.
    Iggy is 32 years old. Lebron is 30.

Sorry, try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    I already addressed the first one, but here goes...

EXACTLY. Jordan had his share of post-season flop jobs, as well. In fact, he was downright awful in the '96 Finals when he was defended by the Glove in the last three games.

It doesn't detract from the Jester's HORRIFIC '15 Finals. Again, .398 from the field, and a WAY WORSE, .351 from the field when defended by what should have been a UNANIMOUS FMVP in Iggy. Oh, and even WORSE .356 from the field in his 4th quarters and OT. Again, how in the hell did LePUKE's teammates carry him to a win game two, when LeCHOKE shot 11-35 from the field overall; 2-8 in the 4th quarter; and then 0-4 in OT? Think about that...his TEAMMATES were able to overcome the Jester's 2-12 from the floor in the 4th quarter and OT for a WIN.

Of course Shrinkage, as always, was downright pathetic in his 4th quarters and OT in the '15 Finals...shooting an over .356.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=31

I answered my own question.

Iggy DOMINATED LeCHOKE in the '15 Finals.

16-6-4 on a .588 TS% (LeClank was at .477 BTW.)

Iggy should have won a UNANIMOUS FMVP in '15.
    So delusional

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    So delusional
    I remember him talking about LeBron's legendary finals back in 2015, how he carried Knicks losers and what not to 6 games... I'll find those posts when I'm home lol