Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Worst Big Name Player Trade of all-time?

By this I mean, What big time player was traded to a team? and it ended up being a bad idea basically. Right now, the most current one I can think of is Jason Kidd to the Dallas Mavericks. That was quite possibly the dumbest and most pointless trade I've ever seen. Mavericks were better off keeping Devin Harris as their young developing PG than having the old Mr. Ason Kidd on their team.

Anybody else want to nominate other terrible trades?

The End Is Near

Default Re: Worst Big Name Player Trade of all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendezvous32
    By this I mean, What big time player was traded to a team? and it ended up being a bad idea basically. Right now, the most current one I can think of is Jason Kidd to the Dallas Mavericks. That was quite possibly the dumbest and most pointless trade I've ever seen. Mavericks were better off keeping Devin Harris as their young developing PG than having the old Mr. Ason Kidd on their team.

Anybody else want to nominate other terrible trades?
    Mavs got better with Kidd. Harris, meanwhile, hasn't really developed much more than he had in Dallas. And I really don't think Dallas cares too much about Harris at this point with Beaubois and Barea ready to duke it out for the starting spot once Kidd is gone.

Since you didn't say it had to be NBA, I'll say the Eric Lindros trade. Lindros for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Jocelyn Thibault, $15,000,000, and Chris Simon. Honestly the most lopsided trade in the history of sports right there.

In the NBA, the one that I am sure everyone will be quick to go to is the Gasol trade. But Marc Gasol is looking like a future perennial all star, so maybe Memphis wasn't screwed over as bad as everyone thought.

The Stackhouse trade for Washington and the Hill trade for Orlando turned into disasters too. Hamilton quickly became a premier guard in the league while Stackhouse faded and Hill got injured while Ben Wallace became one of the best defenders to ever play the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptic0n3
    In the NBA, the one that I am sure everyone will be quick to go to is the Gasol trade. But Marc Gasol is looking like a future perennial all star, so maybe Memphis wasn't screwed over as bad as everyone thought.
    I'm talking about teams that got a star player and it turns out it was a bad idea to get that star basically. Jason Kidd is clearly the answer. If I recall correctly, the Mavericks were 4th in the West before Kidd joined. Then Kidd joined, and the Mavericks ended up in the 7th seed and got eliminated in the first round as Chris Paul dominated Jason Kidd.

Well for the Pistons I was thinking the A.I-Billups trade

FCN
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

AI/Billups is definitely up there.

For my team it was probably the Ron Harper for Danny Ferry trade.

Some might say it was trading Kevin Johnson, but I don't agree with that. Great as KJ was, we got Nance for him, and already had Price...
    Last edited by FCN; 08-24-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Iverson to Detroit has to be the worst I've ever seen. Detroit loses their leader, their finals MVP and eventually their playoff spot, and gains Iverson for a few games before he's gone too. I still have no idea why that trade happened from Det's standpoint.

why live??

Wilt Chamberlain.

end thread

Winning>Stats

the Spurs trading Rodman to the Bulls for Will Perdue.

Wilt got traded twice in his prime for a bunch of stiffs. says as much about Wilt as it does for the stiffs.

Shaq for Marion. no team benefitted.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Iverson to Detroit has to be the worst I've ever seen. Detroit loses their leader, their finals MVP and eventually their playoff spot, and gains Iverson for a few games before he's gone too. I still have no idea why that trade happened from Det's standpoint.
    Definetly Iverson-Billups deal.

What made the deal even worse is that they acquired Iverson and then mismanaged him to the point he couldnt play. They made Rip disgruntled by trying him as a 6th Man. They turned their team over to Stuckey, who has yet to show he is a PG rather than SG.

Then to add on to the failure, they used the cap space Iverson's contract gave them to overpay Gordon & Villanueva instead of waiting until 2010.

AI-Billups?

WTF?

Vince Carter-TRASH was the worst ever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    AI-Billups?

WTF?

Vince Carter-TRASH was the worst ever.
    It's about who got the Worst Star in a trade ever. It turns out to be pure garbage basically. Kidd, Iverson, etc. all have to be up there. Maybe even Steve Francis deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendezvous32
    It's about who got the Worst Star in a trade ever. It turns out to be pure garbage basically. Kidd, Iverson, etc. all have to be up there. Maybe even Steve Francis deal.
    Vince Carter's trade to NJ was way worse. The Raptors received Alonzo Mourning(who was bought out for 9 million and went to Miami to win a chip two years later), Eric and Aaron Williams with some first rounders.

What did we do with those? I think we traded one and got Joey Graham with the other. SMH.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Vince Carter's trade to NJ was way worse. The Raptors received Alonzo Mourning(who was bought out for 9 million and went to Miami to win a chip two years later), Eric and Aaron Williams with some first rounders.

What did we do with those? I think we traded one and got Joey Graham with the other. SMH.
    It's about the result of what the star did. Like Kidd has been pure garbage as a Maverick, Iverson was pure garbage as a Piston, Francis was ok in his first season with Orlando, but then pure garbage after that. Can you read? Carter was pretty damn good in New Jersey.

Good High School Starter Kingsfans818's Avatar

Webber to Philli

we trade Webber's large expiring contract(2 years left) for Kenny Thomas's unmovable piece of shit 5 year deal which is along as large along with crapy pieces like Corliss Williamson and Brian Skinner

the kidd-harris is not ??!!

AI-Billups for sure
    the big trade at 3 teams in 97 kemp-brandon-baker : this trade was firstly useless and all those players had 2 years then disappeared. tragic, as i liked those 3 players with their own teams...