Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Name me another superstar who could have led this injured Cavs team to the finals

First round against Celtics ( Name me a Celtic star)
    Second round against Bulls ( Brick City, no offense at all)
    Conference against Hawks without wings( Chicken)

Put Current Kobe on the Cavs and he will take them to the Final

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Name me another superstar who could have led this injured Cavs team to the finals

LeBron James.

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I feel like Harden, Durant, and WB could.
    This. I would add chef Curry to this list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish24
    Pretty much anybody in the top 25 given the crappy competition he has been facing. Bran stans need to chill out, they're acting like he's leading them to the finals in the West or something.
    You think Curry would make the Finals if Bogut was out and Klay was playing on one leg?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

You think Curry would make the Finals if Bogut was out and Klay was playing on one leg?
    That shows how much talent Lebron STARTED WITH, that he can lose a couple guys and his supporting cast is still equal with Curry's.

Thompson < Green

Shumpert = Iggy

JR Smith > Barnes

Kyrie > Klay

Mosgov > Bogut (just look at their stats - prime Bogut is LONG GONE)

2015 Per-100 Possession Stats:

Mosgov: 22.1 PPG, 14.5 RPG, 2.5 BLK
    Bogut:.. 13.0 PPG, 16.5 RPG, 3.5 BLK

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    That shows how much talent Lebron STARTED WITH, that he can lose a couple guys and his supporting cast is still equal with Curry's.

Thompson < Green

Shumpert < Iggy

JR Smith > Barnes

Kyrie < Klay

Mosgov < Bogut (just look at their stats - prime Bogut is LONG GONE)

2015 Per-100 Possession Stats:

Mosgov: 22.1 PPG, 14.5 RPG, 2.5 BLK
    Bogut:.. 13.0 PPG, 16.5 RPG, 3.5 BLK
    FTFY, Mr. 29-17.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

MOZgov, 3rdBall. It's MOZgov.

Decent college freshman

Prime Wade

In the West? No. In this year's East with the rest of his deep Warriors squad? Yes.

Look, part of the reason LeBron's teammates are shooting this well and playing this well on offense is because of the attention he draws and his passing ability. However, he's had some pretty "meh" games, where even his passing/playmaking was somewhat negated by a high number of turnovers, and the Cavs still won, mostly because apparently about every team in the East is pretty inept on offense.

Could any other player in the NBA right now lead them through the East while winning this comfortably on a regular basis? Maybe not (although I think if you took last year's Durant or a 100% Durant it'd be pretty close), but they could still navigate this year's Cavs through the East. Pretty much every game at least one or two of J.R., Shumpert, James Jones, and Dellavedova are hot from three. Yes, that's because they are getting wide-open looks because of the attention LeBron gets on offense and his passing ability, but there are other players in the league who draw a similar amount of attention who are good enough passers/playmakers to generate enough wide-open looks from three for those players to win by enough to win three best-of-seven series in this year's East.

The reason I think Durant could do it pretty easily, too, is because he's spearheaded some very lethal offensive lineups in OKC as a smallball four with less shooters than the Cavs have this year. You could still play Durant at PF and play two or three of Smith, Shumpert, Delly, or Jones. And while Durant isn't on LeBron's level as a passer/playmaker, he's proven he's more than capable of being a good enough one to facilitate from the mid and high post area to an extent that would be good enough to lead the Cavs through the East and to the Finals.

I think some of the elite guards (Curry, Harden, Westbrook, CP3) could do it too, they just couldn't play PF in a smallball lineup so you couldn't have quite as many shooters on the floor at a time as you can with someone like LeBron or Durant.
    Last edited by KG215; 05-23-2015 at 04:26 PM.

With new rules / level of competition in the East Michael Jordan would probably lose around 3 games tops in the post season with the Cavs. Don't be disrespectful throwing him in at the end like that

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    No one.

KD couldn't.
    Westbrook couldn't.
    Harden couldn't.
    Curry couldn't.
    Kawhi couldn't.
    Prime Kobe couldn't.
    Prime Jordan couldn't.

#1 all time. LeBron LeBronaRon James
    Are these idiots breeding with each other?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    In the West? No. In this year's East with the rest of his deep Warriors squad? Yes.

Look, part of the reason LeBron's teammates are shooting this well and playing this well on offense is because of the attention he draws and his passing ability. However, he's had some pretty "meh" games, where even his passing/playmaking was somewhat negated by a high number of turnovers, and the Cavs still won, mostly because apparently about every team in the East is pretty inept on offense.

Could any other player in the NBA right now lead them through the East while winning this comfortably on a regular basis? Maybe not (although I think if you took last year's Durant or a 100% Durant it'd be pretty close), but they could still navigate this year's Cavs through the East. Pretty much every game at least one or two of J.R., Shumpert, James Jones, and Dellavedova are hot from three. Yes, that's because they are getting wide-open looks because of the attention LeBron gets on offense and his passing ability, but there are other players in the league who draw a similar amount of attention who are good enough passers/playmakers to generate enough wide-open looks from three for those players to win by enough to win three best-of-seven series in this year's East.

The reason I think Durant could do it pretty easily, too, is because he's spearheaded some very lethal offensive lineups in OKC as a smallball four with less shooters than the Cavs have this year. You could still play Durant at PF and play two or three of Smith, Shumpert, Delly, or Jones. And while Durant isn't on LeBron's level as a passer/playmaker, he's proven he's more than capable of being a good enough one to facilitate from the mid and high post area to an extent that would be good enough to lead the Cavs through the East and to the Finals.

I think some of the elite guards (Curry, Harden, Westbrook, CP3) could do it too, they just couldn't play PF in a smallball lineup so you couldn't have quite as many shooters on the floor at a time as you can with someone like LeBron or Durant.
    Are you ****ing kidding me? Bogut is one of the main reasons why their team is this good defensively and couple that with the 2nd best player and the best backcourt defender being injured and missing games, that team would not make it past the 2nd round.

@ Harden, CP3, WB, and Curry making the finals with their 2nd and 3rd options being out. You do realize that they have to beat either or all of the Bulls, Cav's, and the Hawks to make the Finals, right? The Cav's and the Hawks would sweep them.

Durant for sure. Probably Davis. Westbrook and Curry possibly.

LeBron is a complete player and a lot of the small things he contributes to his team are often overlooked. He covers a lot of his team mates deficiencies. Also, his team mates playing well is probably partly related to him being on the floor. He looks to have matured into a great leader.

But he's been shooting like shit and Durant, although not as complete, would more than make up for it with his scoring ability.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Bogut is one of the main reasons why their team is this good defensively and couple that with the 2nd best player and the best backcourt defender being injured and missing games, that team would not make it past the 2nd round.

@ Harden, CP3, WB, and Curry making the finals with their 2nd and 3rd options being out. You do realize that they have to beat either or all of the Bulls, Cav's, and the Hawks to make the Finals, right? The Cav's and the Hawks would sweep them.
    Yeah, no, this is by far one of the stupidest things ever posted here. The Warriors, without Bogut and Thompson are better than the Cavs without Love and Irving. Put them in the East, then yes, the Warriors are still making the Finals.

Get the f**k outta here with your obvious trolling, LeBron d***riding bullshit.

East is hot garbage.

Any prime top 10 GOAT would lead this Cavs team to the finals.

Even a few superstars like Durant, Harden, Davis, Curry.

Now if Cavs are in the West, they wouldn't make it past the second round.