Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Is Steph Curry better than Kobe ever was?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    the only thing with curry is we havent seen his impact in different circumstances.. like for instance how would he do on a defensive team with no weapons (think 11 Bulls) ? How would he do on just a straight garbage team, offensively and defensively?

No doubt, Curry's impact on a good/great team is GOAT level... but say he gets doubled and his options are keith bogans and carlos Boozer instead of Klay and Green? How is the spacing and effectiveness going to work when the weapons around him arent as complimentary?
    Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    100% agree on this. Biggest knock against him imo is the situation that he's in; he's having an amazing season but he's in the perfect situation to do so. Great team, perfect players for him. We don't know how he would do on a bad team (I think he would get his but that he wouldn't be able to truly carry the team to a good record/through the playoffs) but based on what he's actually doing, this is a GOAT tier offensive season. In a way, I hope that something happens to force him to have to step up and carry the team just so we can see whether or not he can do it but I'm trying not to hold his perfect situation against him too much.

All that we can say based on what we've actually seen is that what he's doing is amazing (and damn near unprecedented). But he needs to be consistent for a long time to have a good shot of upending any of the established top ~10 all-time players.
    I actually agree with what you both said. I would love to see Curry on a team like the '06 Lakers or the '09 Heat.

Very good NBA starter

Lebron at 27 vs Curry at 27 is interesting.

The hate for Lebron clouds the otherwise logical judgement people have. You have one guy who has proven and essentially guaranteed you a chance to compete in the big championship every season.

He's won everywhere he goes. He's the true definition of an anamoly.

You have one guy who's a late bloomer and just now putting everything together. He's never had to carry a team and his teammates cover his weaknesses and maximizes his strength.

You have one guy who covers your weaknesses as a team and does it a high level vs a guy who is able to maximize his strengths to the extreme level.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Led the league in RPM (comfortably) and was still a whale of a shooter. Curry's season marveled some of Kobe's greatest, and if Kobe supposedly has many under his belt, last year should be considered ATG too.

How great is a different argument though.
    Offensively, probably it was. 24 PPG on 64% TS along with 7 assists? That's a terrific season. But when you factor in play on both sides of the court, there are dozens of seasons by other players better than Curry's '15 season.

When you combine BOTH scoring and passing, Curry is still ahead of LeBron. Dude's offensive impact on and off ball are at a level Bron has never reached, IMO. Its the regular-season though and I would like to see more of this come playoff time.
    30 PPG and 7 assists on 68% TS vs 30 PPG and 9 assists on 60% TS. Dude also averaged the same number of TOV's as Curry on higher usage rate.

For more than half of Boston's titles, possibly more, Hondo was probably the second or third best player on his teams. The championshops he did happen to lead, Hondo's play was never greater than LeBron, Curry or Kobe's. Just my opinion though.
    The guy was averaged 26+/7+/6+ in multiple Finals. Had playoff stats of 23/8/5 in his prime and 27/8/6 during his peak.

How is this a question? he's not only better
    He's 10 times better than any version of Kobe Kobe never once shot even 47% for a season. This is a joke - Curry blindfolded would make more of his shots