Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    College superstar

Default LeBron's Game 7 Finals vs. Warriors (2016) or Magic's Game 6 Finals vs. Philly (1980)

the two greatest closeout games, on the biggest stage, from the 2 most well-rounded perimeter players in history.

on one hand, you have lebron and his cavs coming back in historic fashion, beating the juggernaut 70-win warrior team with 27/11/11 and "the block".

but on the other hand, ROOKIE magic fills in for kareem (injury), plays center, and ends up with 44/15/7 against doctor j, who alongside kareem, was arguably the best player at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au7WJbus5BM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9DZHvy-AaA

so which single-game performance is considered "greater" in your opinion?

Default Re: LeBron's Game 7 Finals vs. Warriors (2016) or Magic's Game 6 Finals vs. Philly (1980)

Magic's easily. You would've been better off comparing LeBron's Game 5 or 6 from this years Finals

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron's Game 7 Finals vs. Warriors (2016) or Magic's Game 6 Finals vs. Philly (1980)

Both were great performances. Warriors were missing Andrew Bogut and Andre Iguodala though and Magic was a rookie playing out of position. I would say Magic's was better.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Magic's easily. You would've been better off comparing LeBron's Game 5 or 6 from this years Finals
    well, both came off of championships and individual accolades (fmvp).
    taking into account circumstance? i think lebron's game 7 fares pretty well actually....despite the inferior raw numbers.

Magic's game six was BY FAR, the greater game. In EVERY facet of the game.

And Magic didn't fade down the stretch like Shrinkage did in his game.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Magic's game six was BY FAR, the greater game. In EVERY facet of the game.

And Magic didn't fade down the stretch like Shrinkage did in his game.
    wilt isn't being discussed itt man.

but i can also understand why you would think magic was "BY FAR" greater in every facet.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    wilt isn't being discussed itt man.

but i can also understand why you would think magic was "BY FAR" greater in every facet.

Lozerus still on that fixation.

High School Varsity 6th Man

This one is clearly Magic. He was only 19 years old. I don't see how anyone can see this as even close. I have watched a lot of basketball and would say given the totality of the circumstances, it would be almost impossible to come up with a greater game than Magic's. Maybe if it had been a game 7, it would have been more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by colts19
    This one is clearly Magic. He was only 19 years old. I don't see how anyone can see this as even close. I have watched a lot of basketball and would say given the totality of the circumstances, it would be almost impossible to come up with a greater game than Magic's. Maybe if it had been a game 7, it would have been more impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgD-2f-zjs

Quote Originally Posted by colts19

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    What a gross exaggeration right? Magic was 20. Not 19.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    the two greatest closeout games, on the biggest stage, from the 2 most well-rounded perimeter players in history.

on one hand, you have lebron and his cavs coming back in historic fashion, beating the juggernaut 70-win warrior team with 27/11/11 and "the block".

but on the other hand, ROOKIE magic fills in for kareem (injury), plays center, and ends up with 44/15/7 against doctor j, who alongside kareem, was arguably the best player at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au7WJbus5BM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9DZHvy-AaA

so which single-game performance is considered "greater" in your opinion?

The two greatest "closeout" games?

The Court Jester wasn't even the best player on the floor in that game seven.
    Draymond Green led BOTH teams in scoring, rebounding, FG%, eFG%, FT%, 3pt %, and TS%...and by a wide margin in nearly all of those categories. And his 9 assists were just behind LeFlop's 11.

Magic was miles ahead of everyone in scoring and rebounding, and his TS% was a spectacular .720.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 10-23-2016 at 09:14 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I knew he was 20, I don't know why I typed 19. Like LAZ say's so what he was 20 instead of 19 big deal.

If you wanted to use a Finals Game 7, better examples would've been either

Frazier's 36/7/19 in the '70 Finals
    Worthy's 36/16/10 in the '88 Finals

How would you guys rank those two and Magic's?

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    What a gross exaggeration right? Magic was 20. Not 19.
    A 20 year old rookie Magic had a better Finals game than ANY postseason game Ilt Chokerlain had.