Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone else think the Cavs are overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    yea but why did they win 61?

Ive see Lebron take over too many games this season to be fooled again.
    Even against lottery teams hes had to drop 30+ with a near triple double and take over in the 4th.

Im a lot more impressed with the Lakers .. who have been winning games despite Kobe lately. And the Magic, who have been the best team lately..they can win games with Vince or Dwight struggling
    Kobe does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Not nearly as often anymore.

Kobe's still the man, but he's had a few games where it's clear he wasn't gunning 100%, mainly because he doesn't have to anymore.

In the postseason, I'm sure he will, though.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Last year they were overrated. They were the best at beating the weak-mediocre teams, but could not beat the elite teams. This year is different. They are more stack.

Saw a basketball once Iverson25otts's Avatar

I don't think the Cavs are overrated. I just feel they think they are the defending champs. Lebron flexin his muscles over rebounds...your playing the Bulls. Its not like your playing a championship team. And Mike Brown needs to use his bench. He only used it last night because Shaq got into foul trouble.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    I don't see how some analysts think they're far and away the best team either... not even close.

They're a solid team that relies way too much on the continued excellence of one player.

I think both the Celtics and Orlando have a shot to take them down in the east and whomever gets to the Finals from the West, should they make it there, I think has at least a 50/50 shot to beat them.

I do not see them beating the lakers 4 out of 7 games in a series. Even if Lebron averages 35, 8 and 8 for the series.

Man, boston would've lost the 1st game if it were not for the heat turnovers in the 4th qtr.if they were playing the Cavs, that wouldn't happen. if you look at the games they lost when james was out, except for the last game of the season, they lost by 2 points in most games including the game in chicago which mo lit rose for 35 points. you have to take into account that James/Jamison/Shaq only played 3 games together before shaq got injured and right now they are trying to find a chemistry btw the 3 of them but they are still getting the job done. by the time the series is over they should've got it together, just like at the beggining of the season when they were trying to fit shaq in their roster and lost 2 games in a row but went on winning streak once they worked the chemistry out. At that time everybody said the Cavs were done since their offense and defense looked horrible. The bulls beat them too during this time.. By the time this series is Over, they'll know how to play together and it will be tough to beat them.

Ya'll keep talking about Shaq and Jamison, but keep forgetting they have james to carry them through if the going gets tough. Game 1 of this series is a good example, james just coasted and watched as everybody was getting their shots in, last night foul trouble led to Shaq and Jamison not being able to contribute and james just took over the game and closed it out. Expect to see more of that.
    Last edited by dr8ked; 04-20-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

yea but why did they win 61?

Ive see Lebron take over too many games this season to be fooled again.
    Even against lottery teams hes had to drop 30+ with a near triple double and take over in the 4th.

Im a lot more impressed with the Lakers .. who have been winning games despite Kobe lately. And the Magic, who have been the best team lately..they can win games with Vince or Dwight struggling

How many games can the Magic win without dwight playing though ?? The key to lakers success is Gasol and not Kobe as many have come to believe.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    eh not really .. ive seen Kobe being the best player on the Lakers on some nights. Ive seen Gasol be the best player on other nights, Bynum on other nights.

Lebron needs to be the best player every night.
    He cant struggle like Kobe has lately and have other guys pick up the slack..it just hasnt happened.

The Cavs are 1-6 w/o Lebron for a reason.

I don't think they are overrated, i think their opponents they may face (Lakers, Magic, Mavs) are being taken too lightly by the national media. Cleveland got better, but Orlando is still a *****. I think people forget about Orlando and assume Cleveland has a straight walk to the finals.

RealKnowledge
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

eh not really .. ive seen Kobe being the best player on the Lakers on some nights. Ive seen Gasol be the best player on other nights, Bynum on other nights.

He cant struggle like Kobe has lately and have other guys pick up the slack..it just hasnt happened.

Thats why Jamison and Mo williams had better game 1's then him huh?

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    I don't see how some analysts think they're far and away the best team either... not even close.

They're a solid team that relies way too much on the continued excellence of one player.

I think both the Celtics and Orlando have a shot to take them down in the east and whomever gets to the Finals from the West, should they make it there, I think has at least a 50/50 shot to beat them.

I do not see them beating the lakers 4 out of 7 games in a series. Even if Lebron averages 35, 8 and 8 for the series.

If anyhting has been been proven this year is the Lakers bigs struggle against the Cavs Bigs, where do you think the Notion of Lakers bigs being soft came from?? .. Lakers were playing good Basketball untill Christmas day when the Cavs exposed them.. if James averages 35/8/8 in a series against the Lakers, lakers will lose..

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    Derrick Rose had a sub-par night, [COLOR="black"]and so did Deng [/COLOR](but then again, he is sub-par, so that's not saying much).

But I do agree with you though, teams do tend to downplay teams who don't stand much of a chance, that's just how it happens.

I also agree, though, that the Cavs absolutely need to have Lebron do well to win games against good teams. Luckily for them, though, he can do that night in and night out.

I always felt that trade for Antawn Jamison was severely overrated, but maybe I'm wrong...
    So 20pts and 6rebs is considered sub par for Deng? Did you excpect him to have 25pts and 10 rebs? If anything i think Bulls overachieved yesterday with Noah's performance on offense.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    So 20pts and 6rebs is considered sub par for Deng? Did you excpect him to have 25pts and 10 rebs? If anything i think Bulls overachieved yesterday with Noah's performance on offense.

And this was because of foul trouble against the Cavs bigs. Shaq mainly, i still think if Brown would've played Varejao and Hickson togther for a while instead of Big Z, noah could've not been cleaning up the offensive Boards like he did. If they lose, blame it on Mike brown, he has too much personell and he's not using it Correctly. I think the next game, he should start Shaq and Hickson together and let Jamison come off the bench.

I miss all open layups

Typical ISH.

Magic Johnson

Actually, I disagree here. If the Cavs play defense, they can afford to have LeBron play poorly. Problem is their defense has really slipped so they need LeBron's scoring. Says more about the team's lack of D than their lack of talent.

I rule the local playground

if you look at any team right now with hopes (from hype) of seeing a flawless, great team youll determine theyre overrated. stop looking for the next great team all the time it doesnt just happen like that. the cavs are the best team in the league right now, though that is true, overrated or not. If you think different you're overrating the other team.