Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #2191
rufuspaul
Alpha Tarheel

Default Re: NPR: Pelosi announces formal impeachment inquiry into Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Itís too late. Trump is absolutely getting impeached. He should be grateful to Moscow Mitch that he wonít be convicted.

It will be a glorious day for you when the vote comes in. You should throw a big house party. Oh wait, first you would need an actual house, and friends.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #2192
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Itís too late. Trump is absolutely getting impeached. He should be grateful to Moscow Mitch that he wonít be convicted.

So now we are moving from guaranteed to absolutely.

Just like moving the date for the 50th or so time
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #2193
RRR3
L3gacy

No, I guarantee you he’s getting impeached, Richie boy.

Guarantee.

Trump, the 4th president ever to be impeached and first since Andrew Johnson to have it happen in his first term!
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:04 AM   #2194
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I really don't have an opinion one way or the other. I think bias exists depending on the source.

So a number of polls have come out showing that support for impeachment has held relatively steady. In fact, I believe you posted a poll a few weeks back that showed a decline in support and another poster followed up showing that the poll you posted was an outlier.

What's the effect of all the polling? Well...

Quote:
Support for Trump's Impeachment Surges Among Vulnerable Democras Ahead of House Floor Vote

The uptick in endorsements for the president's removal among vulnerable Democratic lawmakers is an indication there will likely be additional ones who follow suit, which would further dwindle the number of potential defectors who will break from party ranks to join their Republican colleagues in voting against impeachment. Since Wednesday, at least half a dozen of the most at-risk members of losing their seats, known as Frontline Democrats, said the president should be impeached.

Apparently, they're seeing something that bolsters their support of impeachment, and it doesn't seem that Pelosi is placing heavy pressure on them given that she too is concerned about endangering those seats. Now their stance can change between now and Wednesday. New polling over the next few days could indeed show a marked decline in support, and these "frontline Democrats" could change their mind. But let's not be too quick to make predictions off of one poll. Both sides do that way too often.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 AM   #2195
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
3 months just for a hearing and 7 months for ruling. Keep in mind those cases have been going through the courts since like 8 months. Now do you guys see why subpoenas for Mulvaney, Giuliani, Isenberg, etc can't go through the courts and need to be impeached? If they went through courts, we are looking at a long process dragging on until early 2021 after multiple appeals and appealing the appeals by Trump administration. This is going to set a dangerous precedent as a legal means to obstruct by presidents in the future. I think it's too late, especially if Mitchyboy frees Trump on all counts and acquits him. House subpoenas will not be enforced..

Trump & future presidents - "We will not comply with subpoenas and I forbid anyone from Executive branch doing so. Take it to courts and we will drag it out for year and half or longer. Impeach me and if my party has Senate majority, I can't be touched."

Exactly... the main issue is that they are running to the courts solely to drag out the process after courts in the past have ruled that the executive branch needs to comply with subpoenas and cooperate during impeachment investigations and proceedings by the House and Senate. They're not going to the courts to determine whether they should comply... the courts have already determined that they are required to do so.

Take for example, Hunter Biden. If they subpoena Hunter Biden to testify in the Senate, and Biden says, "Nope... I'm going to seek a very lengthy court battle to prevent me from testifying because I don't believe my testimony is relevant to the articles of impeachment being examined," Republicans in the Senate are going to hold him in contempt. None of them will say, "Well, let's see what the courts say... all the way to the Supreme Court..."
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:24 AM   #2196
coin24
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
It will be a glorious day for you when the vote comes in. You should throw a big house party. Oh wait, first you would need an actual house, and friends.

Another 4 years of delicious tears, TRUMP 2020
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #2197
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Either she’s off limits completely or not. Choose one.

When you insert yourself into political issues and the mainstream media, you forfeit your right to be "off limits".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong
Ohhhh we're getting somewhere. So her brain isn't fully formed, she's autistic, she doesn't know what she's talking about but leftists parade her as a hero we should all listen to. See the problem?

Times Person of the Year 2019.. Michelle Obama says Greta has so much to offer us all..

My opinion? Keep all kids out of politics.

As an actual environmentalist, I find Greta (or her handlers rather) to be pretty offensive. Its absurd and insulting that she talks like she is the first person to be angry about environmental problems... people were angry about climate change and other environmental problems since LONG before she was born.

If Gretas handlers actually gave a single fuck about climate change or the environment, she would be hanging out with actual environmentalists like the standing rock protesters, not fist bumping Barrack Obama or palling around with Leo DiCaprio. Under Obama, hydrocarbon extraction absolutely exploded in the US, huge swaths of the arctic were opened to fossil fuel exploration, and BP was allowed to devastate the gulf of Mexico with little more than a slap on the wrist as punishment... Obama was absolutely devastating for the environment. Then you have DiCaprio who owns half a dozen enormous mansions, flies private everywhere he goes, and charters enormous yachts belonging to middle eastern oil sheiks for his vacations... his carbon footprint is equivalent to an entire neighborhood of middle class Americans.

Ultimately I guess I mainly just feel sympathy for Greta, because she is clearly just a child whos had her life taken over by some sociopaths who are using her as tool to push their agenda... and their agenda is a bunch of hollow bullshit.

Last edited by Nanners : Today at 08:21 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:42 PM   #2198
rufuspaul
Alpha Tarheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners

As an actual environmentalist, I find Greta (or her handlers rather) to be pretty offensive. Its absurd and insulting that she talks like she is the first person to be angry about environmental problems... people were angry about climate change and other environmental problems since LONG before she was born.

If Gretas handlers actually gave a single fuck about climate change or the environment, she would be hanging out with actual environmentalists like the standing rock protesters, not fist bumping Barrack Obama or palling around with Leo DiCaprio. Under Obama, hydrocarbon extraction absolutely exploded in the US, huge swaths of the arctic were opened to fossil fuel exploration, and BP was allowed to devastate the gulf of Mexico with little more than a slap on the wrist as punishment... Obama was absolutely devastating for the environment. Then you have DiCaprio who owns half a dozen enormous mansions, flies private everywhere he goes, and charters enormous yachts belonging to middle eastern oil sheiks for his vacations... his carbon footprint is equivalent to an entire neighborhood of middle class Americans.

Ultimately I guess I mainly just feel sympathy for Greta, because she is clearly just a child whos had her life taken over by some sociopaths who are using her as tool to push their agenda... and their agenda is a bunch of hollow bullshit.

This. As a father of a 16 y/o girl it upsets me to see her attacked so viciously.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: