Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: David Robinson or Tim Duncan

This is not who has a bigger balls comparison, this is who is the better player.

and It's Tim Duncan, not even close. David Robinson was actually soft himself as he got older in his career.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
    This is not who has a bigger balls comparison, this is who is the better player.

and It's Tim Duncan, not even close. David Robinson was actually soft himself as he got older in his career.
    Actally Tim Duncan has the bigger balls but Robinson Was Just The BETTER PLAYER..IMPACT WISE ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE IN HIS PRIME..

NBA rookie of the year

Duncan, easily.

4 championships as the best player and Robinson has none. Robinson did win 1 as the second best player and another as a role player, but as the first option he never even made it to the finals. And don't give me that sh*t about supporting casts because the 2003 Spurs had less talent than a lot of teams that Robinson led.

Duncan had to carry that team to win a championship, and he did. Look at what he did in the finals in 6 games.

24.2 ppg, 17.0 rpg, 5.3 apg, 5.3 bpg, 49.5 FG%

Or even the entire playoff run(24 games).

24.7 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 5.3 apg, 3.3 bpg, 52.9 FG%

Duncan's superior low post game is what makes this so easy. That's also what made Duncan a 4 time champion. Robinson was never great with his back to the basket, while Duncan was one of the best of all time with his back to the basket. Robinson was a better defender though.

Duncan also has longevity on his side. He's still an elite player in his 12th NBA season while Robinson only had 8 or 9 elite seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Duncan, easily.

4 championships as the best player and Robinson has none. Robinson did win 1 as the second best player and another as a role player, but as the first option he never even made it to the finals. And don't give me that sh*t about supporting casts because the 2003 Spurs had less talent than a lot of teams that Robinson led.

Duncan had to carry that team to win a championship, and he did. Look at what he did in the finals in 6 games.

24.2 ppg, 17.0 rpg, 5.3 apg, 5.3 bpg, 49.5 FG%

Or even the entire playoff run(24 games).

24.7 ppg, 15.4 rpg, 5.3 apg, 3.3 bpg, 52.9 FG%

Duncan's superior low post game is what makes this so easy. That's also what made Duncan a 4 time champion. Robinson was never great with his back to the basket, while Duncan was one of the best of all time with his back to the basket. Robinson was a better defender though.

Duncan also has longevity on his side. He's still an elite player in his 12th NBA season while Robinson only had 8 or 9 elite seasons.
    Robinson played in a WAY TOUGHER ERA....his PER/EFF is Superior in his Prime and with LESSER SUPPORING CASTS...WAY LESSER...

I like Duncan more as a Player but I have to admit Robinson was Better. Same thing with Ewing...He Was Better than Ewing ...sadly because he was one of the biggest MOST TALENTED PLAYERS and yes puss-ies ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    You idiot...

Robinson had a losing season before Duncan.

And Prime Shaq>>>Any big man Hakeem faced...
    the year with Robinson had a losing season was when he was injured for almost that whole season.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Robinson played in a WAY TOUGHER ERA....his PER/EFF is Superior in his Prime and with LESSER SUPPORING CASTS...WAY LESSER...

I like Duncan more as a Player but I have to admit Robinson was Better. Same thing with Ewing...He Was Better than Ewing ...sadly because he was one of the biggest MOST TALENTED PLAYERS and yes puss-ies ever...

duncan on your team = contender status for his entire career no matter who else is on the squad

other than playoffs, there's aren't stats that are gonna prove TD is superior to robinson, its purely a subjective opinion based on watching.

Decent college freshman

Duncan because of his superior post-game. Robinson put up the better stats but a player like Duncan is more valuable.

Here's a video of Duncan carrying the Spurs to victory in his rookie playoff debut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN5LdZEzWKo

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz313
    duncan on your team = contender status for his entire career no matter who else is on the squad

other than playoffs, there's aren't stats that are gonna prove TD is superior to robinson, its purely a subjective opinion based on watching.
    Yean in the Watered Down Pathetic Competitive League of 2000s What Great Competition Did he face other than Shaq-Bryant when D-Rob was there? ...put Duncan with the same squad that Robinson had from 1989 to 1997 and he not only wins no Champ but less games! (he is not the Scoring Threat Robinson was Neither the All Around Defender). Duncan was lucky he got to Play Robinson a Top PER and EFF Player of All Time...
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 04-02-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Banned

Yean in the Watered Down Pathetic Competitive League of 2000s What Great Competition Did he face other than Shaq-Bryant when D-Rob was there? ...put Duncan with the same squad that Robinson had from 1989 to 1997 and he not only wins nothing but less!. Duncan was lucky he got to Play Robinson a Top PER and EFF Player of All Time...
    I have a biased agenda. I think Charles Barkley is the greatest PF ever so I am going to do everything I can to make Duncan seem bad.

I have a biased agenda. I think Charles Barkley is the greatest PF ever so I am going to do everything I can to make Duncan seem bad.
    Duncan is asoume but he aint better than a Prime Barkley and he might just edge Malone by a bit do to his Play-Off Clutchness and More Efficient Scoring in the Clutch.

Banned

Duncan is asoume but he aint better than a Prime Barkley and he might just edge Malone by a bit do to his Play-Off Clutchness and More Efficient Scoring in the Clutch.
    Last time I checked 4 finals trophies and 3 finals MVP's>0 in both...

Tim Duncan is the greatest PF ever.

Rings don't lie.

Last time I checked 4 finals trophies and 3 finals MVP's>0 in both...

Tim Duncan is the greatest PF ever.

Rings don't lie.
    Rings = Teams

Stats, PER and EFF = Players and If you Play with Greater Players those Eve Rise....

[COLOR="Red"]THIS THREAD IS NOW WORTHLESS:[/COLOR]

Robinson headed to Hall of Fame
    Web Posted: 04/02/2009 3:44 CDT Robinson headed to Hall of Fame
    By Mike Monroe

David Robinson, the great center who helped the Spurs win two of their four championships and won two Olympic gold medals as a member of Team USA, has been informed he has been elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

A graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy who was known as “The Admiral” during his days with the Spurs, Robinson will be introduced as a member of the Hall’s Class of 2009 in ceremonies scheduled for Detroit on Monday.

Robinson’s inclusion in what figures to qualify as one of the greatest Hall of Fame classes ever was confirmed Thursday by sources connected with Monday’s announcement.

Robinson’s basketball accomplishments include 1987 College Player of the Year at Navy, four first-team All-NBA selections, the 1995 NBA MVP Award, two NBA titles, and two Olympic gold medals.
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/D...l_of_Fame.html

Quote Originally Posted by ScolaFan
    nice

Banned

Rings = Teams

Stats, PER and EFF = Players and If you Play with Greater Players those Eve Rise....
    What?

Duncan was the consensus best player on every single one of his championship teams.

He is a better basketball player that Barkley because he makes everyone around him better (leadership) and wins championships.