Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: David Robinson or Tim Duncan

Individually Id say Robinson is overall better (Duncan is more fundamental), but overall from a standpoint of who would be more practical to take as a focal point to build a team around Id pick Duncan. Robinson was one of the most athletic bigs of all time and he was easily a top 3 center in the league over the course of his career but Duncan is irreplaceable all the way from his ability on the court to his presence in the locker room. Robinson lead by doing what needed to be done whether his team was able to win or not in the long run whereas Duncan leads by example and gets his teammates to play as a collective unit.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Prime Robinson > Duncan....

That is even thoug I Consider Him the Bigges ***** Girly Player Ever...He Was Just So Much More Talented and Athletic than Duncan
    The real question is: would you still say the same if Robinson plays PF and is always the one compared more favorably than Charles Barkley?

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godofgods
    The real question is: would you still say the same if Robinson plays PF and is always the one compared more favorably than Charles Barkley?
    Don`t understand the question but a 1989 to 1998 Robinson was WAY BETTER than Duncan and he wasn`t afraid to PLAY CENTER, he never called himself a PF neither did Hakeem with Sampson

Tim Duncan, easily.

Silly question, its like asking who is better between Shaq & Karl Malone. Everyone knows its Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Tim Duncan, easily.

Silly question, its like asking who is better between Shaq & Karl Malone. Everyone knows its Shaq.
    Go Check Out David Robinsons PER from ages 24 (1989) to 1998 (32) and overall EFF then shut your mouth . David Robinson was a way better player than Duncan and he didn`t have much of a Cast Until his Arrial. Duncan is a better version of Daugherty while Duncan was almost Hakeem and Shaq-like in his Prime

And this is comming from an Anti Robinson Fan... I actually like Duncan Better as a Player and Game..but Robinson was Simpley a Better Player
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 04-01-2009 at 10:34 PM.

I loved how The Admiral played. One of my favorite players of all time, plus the guy looked like he could have competed in the Olympia contest, lol.

Banned

Tim Duncan, easily.

This.

Robinson would be ringless if Timmy didn't carry his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    This.

Robinson would be ringless if Timmy didn't carry his ass.
    Robinson played in an ERA OF TRUE NBA STARS...not highschool ball, no handchecking and an even more watered down league than the early 90s.

Go Check Out David Robinsons PER from ages 24 (1989) to 1998 (32) and overall EFF then shut your mouth . David Robinson was a way better player than Duncan and he didn`t have much of a Cast Until his Arrial. Duncan is a better version of Daugherty while Duncan was almost Hakeem and Shaq-like in his Prime

And this is comming from an Anti Robinson Fan... I actually like Duncan Better as a Player and Game..but Robinson was Simpley a Better Player
    Go play with your PER stats and your ERA and your OBP and your YPC, etc, etc, etc...

Ill just stick to watching them play. I was around when Robinson started, waited two years to see him start, and then watched him play over and over and over. I am within hours from San Antonio, I have gotten to see plenty of them both over the years.

Duncan is a far superior player. He is an anchor on both ends of the court in ways that only a select few have ever been. He is one of the 9 greatest players of all time and while you are busy calculating PERs Duncan is out there winning championships.

Banned

Robinson played in an ERA OF TRUE NBA STARS...not highschool ball, no handchecking and an even more watered down league than the early 90s.
    You idiot...

Robinson had a losing season before Duncan.

And Prime Shaq>>>Any big man Hakeem faced...

Robinsons best years were during the weakest era of NBA basketball I have ever seen ('94-'00). He did very well in the greatest era ever (through '93) and did fairly decent at the beginning of this century but I couldn't care less about what he did from '94-'00, those were throwaway years for the NBA in terms of competition. It was just a weak era.

Don`t understand the question but a 1989 to 1998 Robinson was WAY BETTER than Duncan and he wasn`t afraid to PLAY CENTER, he never called himself a PF neither did Hakeem with Sampson

timmy

Go play with your PER stats and your ERA and your OBP and your YPC, etc, etc, etc...

Ill just stick to watching them play. I was around when Robinson started, waited two years to see him start, and then watched him play over and over and over. I am within hours from San Antonio, I have gotten to see plenty of them both over the years.

Duncan is a far superior player. He is an anchor on both ends of the court in ways that only a select few have ever been. He is one of the 9 greatest players of all time and while you are busy calculating PERs Duncan is out there winning championships.
    Anchor on both sides?

[COLOR="Navy"]Since when is Duncan a Greater Defensive Player than Robinson?
    Since when is Duncan Sueperior Shot Blocker than Robinson?
    Since when is Duncan Sueperior Interior Defender than Robinson
    Since when is Duncan Sueperior Floor Defender than Robinson (Robinson 1.4 SPG for his Career!)
    Since when is Duncan a Superior Scorer than Robinson?
    FT Shooter? No!
    Unstoppableness? Robinson whent 8.6 Times to the FT line for his CAREER, Duncan till now has gone 7.3...Not even Close!
    Athletic Abiltieies (speed, potence, leap, agility?) A THOUSAND MILES A WAY[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Rebounder? could be
    Passer? Probably Not in David Robinsons Prime[/COLOR]

A Healthy David Robinson before is 1996-97 injury HAD WAY MORE IMPACT than Duncan will ever have reason why Robinson: EFF, PER ....Robinson was Superior in his Prime and Still is in some ways.

A 1989-1998 Robinson > Duncan by Miles....

Anchor on both sides?

[COLOR="Navy"]Since when is Duncan a Greater Defensive Player than Robinson?
    Since when is Duncan Sueperior Shot Blocker than Robinson?
    Since when is Duncan Sueperior Interior Defender than Robinson
    Since when is Duncan a Superior Scorer than Robinson?
    FT Shooter? No!
    Unstoppableness? Robinson whent 8.6 Times to the FT line for his CAREER, Duncan till now has gone 7.3...Not even Close!
    Athletic Abiltieies (speed, potence, leap, agility?) A THOUSAND MILES A WAY[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Rebounder? could be
    Passer? Probably Not in David Robinsons Prime[/COLOR]

A Healthy David Robinson before is 1996-97 injury HAD WAY MORE IMPACT than Duncan will ever have reason why Robinson: EFF, PER ....Robinson was Superior in his Prime and Still is in some ways.

A 1989-1998 Robinson > Duncan by Miles....
    dude welcome to the future.