Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Carmelo's offensive arsenal is the greatest the NBA has ever seen.

No Lebron stans allowed in this thread too. This is for basketball fans.

He has one of the Top 5 highest release points in league history. Silky smooth jumpshot that is hot from anywhere on the floor, especially in the clutch. Extremely lengthy to get his shot over anybody. Also unlike a lot of guys, he can spot up and shoot off the dribble at an efficient rate.

Elite level finisher at the rim and one of the lost arts that a lot of players don't have, he can drive left just as well as he can with his right. Making him an automatic mismatch that you have to respect.

Elite level athlete than is a one man wrecking crew on a fast break. He has the hops to get good looks at dunks and high percentile efficient layups. Top 10 in game superstar dunkers of all time too.

When you think about the 3 best post up perimeter players of all time, these names pop up...

Jordan
    Kobe
    and Carmelo

This is where Carmelo does his best damage. He's relentles when it comes to backing down a defender. You can't stop him, he's just to big and strong.

His face-up one drible turnaround jumper is smooth but his face-up drive is hands down the greatest ever. Factor in his speed, size and elite slasher ability. It's literally unstopable. Also he has very good handles in the post.

I think we need to set our differences with whatever problem we had (if we even had one) with Carmelo and appreciate him as the aesthetically game pleasing player he is.

He has every offensive attack in the book and has spent his entire life perfecting them. He hasn't even peaked yet.
    Last edited by LosScandalous; 07-21-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo's offensive arsenal is the greatest the NBA has ever seen.

As if wilds09 wasn't enough, now we got more morons

The ISH'ers Champion!

I can't agree with the thread title. I can agree he's a great offensive talent. Good luck with the wannabe trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by thabisyo
    As if wilds09 wasn't enough, now we got more morons
    Yeah and you're just one of the most insightful posters on this board

eat a dick, you also try way too hard

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by LosScandalous
    Michael Jordan

/thread

Yeah and you're just one of the most insightful posters on this board

eat a dick, you also try to hard
    fa99ot
    Knicks suck and everything that associated with it

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Is that why he has exactly one scoring title for the almost ten years that he's in the league?

The two other guys you listed have a better offensive repertoire than Melo

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    Is that why he has exactly one scoring title for the almost ten years that he's in the league?
    Like I said, he's spent years perfecting his talent and he's going to continue to improve. His talent didn't just fall in his hands like a lot of guys.

He's a student of the game, gotta respect his variety.

Saw a basketball once

As a huge Knicks fan, I must say Carmelo is one of the most one-dimensional scorers in the NBA. He runs iso all day and always forces the jump shot. He's great at it, but it's basically all he does. Last season during the playoffs he was shut down hard, shooting barely 30% from the field most games. He's not the greatest offensive NBA talent by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    The two other guys you listed have a better offensive repertoire than Melo
    I give Melo the advantage because of his unstopable length and he's going to even get better in the future.

Defenders have a tougher time affecting Melo's shots at all, unlike MJs and Kobe's.

Like I said, he's spent years perfecting his talent and he's going to continue to improve. His talent didn't just fall in his hands like a lot of guys.

He's a student of the game, gotta respect his variety.

So it took him 9 full years to improve his percentage to 44%? It will take him 35 years to reach Lebron's 56%, btw Lebron's 3rd all time in PPG, suck it bish.

I give Melo the advantage because of his unstopable length and he's going to even get better in the future.

Defenders have a tougher time affecting Melo's shots at all, unlike MJs and Kobe's.

nope, too chubby, no heart

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Dogg
    As a huge Knicks fan, I must say Carmelo is one of the most one-dimensional scorers in the NBA. He runs iso all day and always forces the jump shot. He's great at it, but it's basically all he does. Last season during the playoffs he was shut down hard, shooting barely 30% from the field most games. He's not the greatest offensive NBA talent by a long shot.

The only time I would bow down to a knicks fan

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    nope, too chubby, no heart
    carmelo is still a qt3.14 unlike lebron