Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Default Re: Dishonest stat-keepers MANUFACTURED John Stockton's legacy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    So basically you're making assumptions about games you never even watched? Show some video proof of Stockton getting assists he didn't deserve.
    CuterThanRubio, he has a point here. You have obviously attempted some reasearch and made some pretty radical claims. You should at least find proof in footage of one or two full games.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNashMVPcro
    Nash already had a season in which he averaged 18ppg on 48% shooting in Dallas and his 2point FG% was close to 50% in those years before the rule change, what makes you think that he benefited so hard from it. He did benefit a bit, can't deny that, but saying he was great only because of the rule change is bullshit.

Nash played in the land of giants such as Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Duncan, Dirk and won 2 MVPs while doing it

Nash would heavily benefit from the 80's higher pace, not to mention how revolutionary his (for that era) high volume 3point shooting would be

And yes I agree with the OP on Nash being the second greatest PG after Magic untill Curry got off

I like and respect Nash, but he is not better than Isiah Lord Thomas III, sorry.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44
    CuterThanRubio, he has a point here. You have obviously attempted some reasearch and made some pretty radical claims. You should at least find proof in footage of one or two full games.

I like and respect Nash, but he is not better than Isiah Lord Thomas III, sorry.
    My claims are far from radical, they are supported by clear facts!

Certain players were receiving preferential treatment by the stat keepers at home.

This is not a conspiracy theory, it actually happened on many occasions:

http://deadspin.com/5336974/an-assis...oked-the-books

+Yes he is, Nash was better than Isiah Thomas at passing and shooting no question about it and his impact on the sport still resonates today, Isiah is a forgotten footnote in league history, a relic of an era when you could push and fight your way to a title instead of playing the right way, no respect for that stuff from me!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

ops mom manufactured a retard

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    ops mom manufactured a retard

I know damn well a TOTAL LOSER with multiple accounts and an unhealthy OBSESSION with LeBron isn't trying to get smart, seriously dude you need to take that L and lay low for a while, Branfam completely own your soul and lets not forget that ALL of your posts are garbage, its time to SLOW DOWN and find a new hobby, clown!

There is absolutely NOTHING normal about a grown man CONSTANTLY melting down over LeBron, you need a healthy dose of psychotherapy!

How long were you watching and waiting for me to say something that affected you emotionally so that you had an excuse to attack?

I got you on strings fvckboy, its too easy and you should know better, I was toying with you for bashing Nash and you took it all personal like a big baby, you are a pvssy to the highest degree and you need help (and a haircut you sloppy piece of trash)!

Quote Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio

I know damn well a TOTAL LOSER with multiple accounts and an unhealthy OBSESSION with LeBron isn't trying to get smart, seriously dude you need to take that L and lay low for a while, Branfam completely own your soul and lets not forget that ALL of your posts are garbage, its time to SLOW DOWN and find a new hobby, clown!

There is absolutely NOTHING normal about a grown man CONSTANTLY melting down over LeBron, you need a healthy dose of psychotherapy!

How long were you watching and waiting for me to say something that affected you emotionally so that you had an excuse to attack?

I got you on strings fvckboy, its too easy and you should know better, I was toying with you for bashing Nash and you took it all personal like a big baby, you are a pvssy to the highest degree and you need help (and a haircut you sloppy piece of trash)!

Wait, where is the proof of all these bogus assists? Am I missing something? Awarding an assist has always been somewhat subjective, but I don't see anything to indicate that Stockton was given more liberal scorekeeping than anyone else.

That is the look on your parents faces whenever they peek into your room over your shoulder and see you on "that stupid forum" again.

Stay out of my threads pvssy!

You are in your 30s on constant meltdown alert, whats wrong with you!?

That is the look on your parents faces whenever they peek into your room over your shoulder and see you on "that stupid forum" again.

Stay out of my threads pvssy!

You are in your 30s on constant meltdown alert, whats wrong with you!?

Pretty sure you are the one melting down over John Stockton allegedly getting an extra assist or two during home games 20 years ago...

Let that sink in for a moment

Pretty sure you are the one melting down over John Stockton allegedly getting an extra assist or two during home games 20 years ago...

Let that sink in for a moment

This is all you could come up with?

You suffered an unprovoked meltdown and then accused me of melting after I roasted you? I don't think so, pal!

You were forced to post a reaction gif since there was no room for rebuttal, it was expected, I backed you into a corner, just let it go, we share a lot of the same opinions, no reason to get your feelings hurt.

I mean, you literally just made a new thread about LeBron!

You are the definition of an obsessed loser, now back to the topic,!

+There are no "allegations", the stats are available for all to see

This is an observational stand up routine more than anything!

Nash was getting robbed of assists on a nightly basis and still managed to make top 3 all time, he's the greatest passer ever, a guy like Magic may be a better overall PG but he had height and strength advantages (and terrible era advantages).

You can't even find a top ten assist compilation on youtube when you search for John Stockton highlights, literally 50% of every pass he made that led to a score was the work of Malone either breaking out, setting a hard screen and making a jumper, or rolling to the bucket.

Stockton is not a top 5 PG~

This is all you could come up with?

You suffered an unprovoked meltdown and then accused me of melting after I roasted you? I don't think so, pal!

You were forced to post a reaction gif since there was no room for rebuttal, it was expected, I backed you into a corner, just let it go, we share a lot of the same opinions, no reason to get your feelings hurt.

I mean, you literally just made a new thread about LeBron!

You are the definition of an obsessed loser, now back to the topic,!

+There are no "allegations", the stats are available for all to see

This is an observational stand up routine more than anything!

Nash was getting robbed of assists on a nightly basis and still managed to make top 3 all time, he's the greatest passer ever, a guy like Magic may be a better overall PG but he had height and strength advantages (and terrible era advantages).

You can't even find a top ten assist compilation on youtube when you search for John Stockton highlights, literally 50% of every pass he made that led to a score was the work of Malone either breaking out, setting a hard screen and making a jumper, or rolling to the bucket.

Stockton is not a top 5 PG~

You got cooked, son, keep it moving!

31 years old and the culmination of your existence is dedicated to discussing LeBron James on a message board, what a sad individual you are!

I'm public enemy #1 out here, I got you in your feelings without even trying, its too easy, I see right through your little act, you are sorry as hell, post all the memes you want, you have been exposed!

I feel bad for bullying losers like you, but you asked for it, talk about a glutton for punishment

Seek help, in all seriousness you KNOW you have real internal problems, I'm praying for you my brother!

Now post another meme since you have nothing to say in response, come on you know you can't resist the urge, I'm in your head now, the voices are getting louder, the frustration level is rising, you are MELTING DOWN!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

OP.. this happens all the time with lots of pg's.

You got cooked, son, keep it moving!

31 years old and the culmination of your existence is dedicated to discussing LeBron James on a message board, what a sad individual you are!

I'm public enemy #1 out here, I got you in your feelings without even trying, its too easy, I see right through your little act, you are sorry as hell, post all the memes you want, you have been exposed!

I feel bad for bullying losers like you, but you asked for it, talk about a glutton for punishment

Seek help, in all seriousness you KNOW you have real internal problems, I'm praying for you my brother!

Now post another meme since you have nothing to say in response, come on you know you can't resist the urge, I'm in your head now, the voices are getting louder, the frustration level is rising, you are MELTING DOWN!

you are a huge nerd that is oozing cringe out of every orifice of your body

do everyone a favor and stop posting

Not sure if you realize how much incredibly easier is to get an assist these days compared to before. Westbrook, just gives the ball to Durant at the 3pt line, Durant crosses over his defender and drives past him and hits a tough shot, and Westbrook gets the assist.

Back then no way thats an assist.

Honestly guys like Cousy/Robertson would average 12-14 assists these days