Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Miami Heat (18-12) @ Memphis Grizzlies (17-16) 12/29/15 GT:

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Me? You? My 8 year old son? Bernie the mascot? All would be improvements.

In all seriousness though, I don't really know who's out there. We need a coach with an actual offensive system and a defensive philosophy that isn't from 1995. A coach who can make in-game adjustments, is flexible with his substitution patterns according to the flow of the game, and doesn't use the phrases "hold on to the rope", "stay the course", "find our identity", "grind" or any other pre-programmed coach speak nonsense. I don't know man, I've been watching the same crap for 7+ years. I'm frustrated as hell, and on a relevant side note, Spo is a big part of the reason Lebron isn't still in Miami.
    Do you know what Spo is trying to do strategically?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

That's what's so frustrating. I'll keep saying this because it's 100% true, but Spo is killing this team. Tonight's game was tough, a back-to-back on the road against a solid team, but it was yet another game we were outcoached. I'm still pissed about last night and some of the other bad home losses. As long as that idiot is on the sideline nothing will change.
    It's definitely not reassuring...yes we have had some injuries, but we shouldn't be having this hard of a time when our two best players are playing so well.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    so aj, what about those avy bet conditions?

I said I don't trust the Heat, your answer was "sure nazi"... okay boy, whassup, tell me how far you think Miami will make it...

I say, no top 4 seed, no ECF... we can slim it down to 2nd round for you, cause i'm nice like that.
    I'll take you up just for fun! You ready to play?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Do you know what Spo is trying to do strategically?
    Not a damn clue, and I don't think Spo knows either. Part of the problem is he's never really had to develop a true system or strategy. He began his coaching career having prime Wade. Then he had prime Wade and Lebron. Then he had prime Lebron. For the first 6 years of his career he had one of the best, if not the best player in the league, and two top 10 players for 3 of those years.

I'm hoping the injuries have thrown a wrench into whatever strategy he has. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that, but haven't seen anything to indicate he's developed a true offensive system. He's somehow erratic and rigid at the same time. That's why we got through so many extended lulls. He doesn't adjust, be it personnel or strategy. Defensively, he HAS to abandon (to some degree) the paint protection philosophy, especially with a legit rim protector down low.

I don't claim to be some kind of expert, just a frustrated fan, but that's how I see it.

Not a damn clue, and I don't think Spo knows either. Part of the problem is he's never really had to develop a true system or strategy. He began his coaching career having prime Wade. Then he had prime Wade and Lebron. Then he had prime Lebron. For the first 6 years of his career he had one of the best, if not the best player in the league, and two top 10 players for 3 of those years.

I'm hoping the injuries have thrown a wrench into whatever strategy he has. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that, but haven't seen anything to indicate he's developed a true offensive system. He's somehow erratic and rigid at the same time. That's why we got through so many extended lulls. He doesn't adjust, be it personnel or strategy. Defensively, he HAS to abandon (to some degree) the paint protection philosophy, especially with a legit rim protector down low.

I don't claim to be some kind of expert, just a frustrated fan, but that's how I see it.
    Hmm.. Yeah, ok. Well, let's see next game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Hmm.. Yeah, ok. Well, let's see next game. :/
    Yep.

BTW, Sherman Douglas was my first ever "favorite Heat player". I remember being really upset when he was traded and I always disliked Brian Shaw because of it (I was a kid). Sherman had a pretty solid career but he was never really the same after the injury. In 1991 he averaged 19/9/3 on 50% with 1.7 steals.

Yep.

BTW, Sherman Douglas was my first ever "favorite Heat player". I remember being really upset when he was traded and I always disliked Brian Shaw because of it (I was a kid). Sherman had a pretty solid career but he was never really the same after the injury. In 1991 he averaged 19/9/3 on 50% with 1.7 steals.
    That's correct, sir. Shaw ended up having a very solid career as did Steve Smith. /