Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 05-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Memphis Grizzlies offseason thread

Guys we got a great run this year. Just too many mistakes executing finally caught up with us. We'll be much better next year with Zbo healthy.

Obviously our biggest need is the backup point guard slot. We just had no one outside Conley to properly handle the ball. Mayo tried and coughed up the ball too much. Arenas was a non-factor and the Clipps usually made runs when he was in the floor.

I thought Jeremy Pargo did a pretty nice job during the regular season and the reason why we let Greivis go was that we were imprssed with what he gave us at backup pg spot. I do prefer some more size and more D to compensate for Conley.

Darrell Arthur will be back. With him, Speights and Haddadi that should be a pretty decent frontcourt bench. Both Arthur and Speights can hit the J which usually opens up the lane.

We REALLY need a go to scorer at the bench. OJ Mayo was supposed to be that guy but he really struggled especially during the games in L.A. I guess too much hometown pressure for him.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected postergasolina is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Memphis Grizzlies offseason thread

Seeing that Laker fans have started blaming Ramon Sessions for their recent struggles, I would gladly take him. He's got size, a good finisher, a decent defender and can create his own offense / create for others. Definitely an upgrade from Gilbert Arenas.

PG - Conley / Sessions / Pargo
SG - Allen / ????
SF - Gay / Quincy
PF - Zbo / Arthur / Cunningham
C - Gasol / Speights / Haddadi
Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
xhuegox
I airball my layups

xhuegox has not been impressing people

I'm not a grizzlies fan but from what I saw during the playoffs, I would make the following moves:

1. Trade Rudy Gay
2. Get a new coach
xhuegox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation

You memphis fans are so lucky, you guys have a good foundation of players. This memphis roster is very comparable to OKC.

Just need great PG, I am suggesting Nash or even Kidd and that will push you towards WCF.
Jyap9675 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyap9675
You memphis fans are so lucky, you guys have a good foundation of players. This memphis roster is very comparable to OKC.

Just need great PG, I am suggesting Nash or even Kidd and that will push you towards WCF.
I disagree, Conley is very underrated. He's a good playmaker and defender. I really like how he's matured into a player since those awful years. Just a bit too small and a backcourt of him and Mayo just won't cut it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: