Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: in reality. there is no legit argument for kobe bryant being out of the top 5

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I swear there's a thread about Kobe being top 10 or 5 everyday of the week. Why the Kobe stans so insecure? Just face it Kobe is not that GREAT

maybe its idiotic people like this that make these constant reminders with proof necessary

it took a while for people to admit the stars didn't revolve around the earth ( that was a flat surface )

all they needed was a constant reminder with proof

Default Re: in reality. there is no legit argument for kobe bryant being out of the top 5

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkman
    Half the fvcking things you listed are due to his longevity in the league. Also, riding Shaq to three rings doesn't get ya inside the top 10 bud.

and?....

so Magic Johnson is better hen Michael Jordan because Magic won a Title in his first season?....

Jordan just had Longevity...over Magic.

that's your logic

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

You're really breaking new ground here. You are one of the leading Kobe Bryant apologists on the forum so I guess I shouldn't be shocked that you have nothing else to talk about but I just can't help but be astounded by your persistence. You are presenting an argument so I won't totally derail it by critiquing you. Here is my position.

What keeps Kobe out of the top 5 in my opinion is dominance. What I mean while he has maintained an extremely high level of play for a long time he has almost never been the clear cut best player in the league. The exceptions being 05-06 and 06-07 when I think most would agree that he was the best. I think this is reflected in his only having one MVP. Not to imply that mvp's are the proof that you're the best. Rather they are a reflection of your impact on the league. In the early part of his career Shaq and duncan were the best players and in the later part of his career Lebron has been on top.

Jordan - Best player in the league for most of his career.
    Kareem - Best player in the league for at least a 7 year period.
    Russell/Wilt - This is up for debate but they dominated the league at the same time in different ways
    Magic/Bird- Same as above. Maybe not dominant over each other but clearly dominant over the rest.

Kobe never had that kind of dominance. he certainly deserves credit for his longevity but you need a different level of domination to cross over into the top 5.

I also gleefully point out to you that there is almost no way in hell Lebron doesn't end up higher than kobe all time.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    and?....

so Magic Johnson is better hen Michael Jordan because Magic won a Title in his first season?....

that's your logic

Banned

and?....

that's your logic

ya and i guess 4 of kareems rings dont count

2 of magic's rings dont count

1 of bird,shaq,duncans,wilts rings dont count

all of russells rings dont count

don't count without a finals mvp. even though kobe had a better playoff average than every single one of those guys mentiond had when they didn't win finals mvp

2000+2001+2002 playoffs = 25ppg, 5rpg, 5apg

2001 playoff average = 29/7/6 ( better than most playoff mvps in history)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    You're really breaking new ground here. You are one of the leading Kobe Bryant apologists on the forum so I guess I shouldn't be shocked that you have nothing else to talk about but I just can't help but be astounded by your persistence. You are presenting an argument so I won't totally derail it by critiquing you. Here is my position.

What keeps Kobe out of the top 5 in my opinion is dominance. What I mean while he has maintained an extremely high level of play for a long time he has almost never been the clear cut best player in the league. The exceptions being 05-06 and 06-07 when I think most would agree that he was the best. I think this is reflected in his only having one MVP. Not to imply that mvp's are the proof that you're the best. Rather they are a reflection of your impact on the league. In the early part of his career Shaq and duncan were the best players and in the later part of his career Lebron has been on top.

Russell/Wilt - This is up for debate but they dominated the league at the same time in different ways
    Magic/Bird- Same as above. Maybe not dominant over each other but clearly dominant over the rest.

Kobe never had that kind of dominance. he certainly deserves credit for his longevity but you need a different level of domination to cross over into the top 5.

I also gleefully point out to you that there is almost no way in hell Lebron doesn't end up higher than kobe all time.

dominance =

tnt/sporting news/sports illustrated/dime magazine PLAYER OF THE DECADE

dominance =

2 time 3PEAT FINALS

3PEAT CHAMP + BACK2BACK CHAMP

dominance =

highest scoring average of the last 25 years

dominance =

highest scoring game of the last 50 years

dominance =

carrying kwame/smush to game 7 vs the #1 team in the west

dominance =

outscoring the western confrence champion mavericks by himself

dominance =

the longest sustained prime in nba history

dominance =

1st team all nba in 17th season

dominance = carrying this league on his back after jordan left for a decade until lebron finally got his training wheels off

f*ck your logic bud. get with it. wake up. smell the coffee. slap into a slim jim

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy

You arguing over opinions...opinions of the majority...

- Jordan was probaly viewed as the best player in 1990 - 1993 and 96 - 98'...before that he as battlig Magic and Bird.....a couple years in between he was battling Barkley , Malone,Shaq.....

- Kobe was arguably the best player in 01' 03' 06 - 10'

- again....this is Majority opinion ....how can you say Kobe didn't dominate..Kobe finished top 5 MVP voting 11 seasons.....the same as MJ...

Tim Duncan 9 times....

(opens pocket) 2EZ.........next
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 05-21-2013 at 05:57 PM.

[COLOR="White"] in reality. there is no legit argument for kobe bryant being out of the top 2[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    All this kid posts about is Kobe.
    But he's a Kobe fan though. He's supposed to post about Kobe. What's sad is when you got people who hate Kobe but all they post about is Kobe, gengiskhan for example

Another thread on Kobe? This is beyond pathetic, and verging into cult worship for some of the kids here.

I shudder to think of what some of you would do if Kobe ordered it.

Serious playground baller

All of those awards are based on longevity. You think I give a **** about irrelevant years where Kobes team wins 0 playoff games and he just pads his scoring stats?

Kobe was never the best player in the league, nor was he ever the most valuable to his team. Anyone putting him top 15 is buying into the media garbage and overrating him.

If you want to argue media awards, MVP is the only one anyone cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkman
    Half the fvcking things you listed are due to his longevity in the league. Also, riding Shaq to three rings doesn't get ya inside the top 10 bud.
    We're the killer bees bud!!!! We're the best bud!!!

the reason he isnt is because their are atleast 5 players better than him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HeatFanSince88
    All of those awards are based on longevity. You think I give a **** about irrelevant years where Kobes team wins 0 playoff games and he just pads his scoring stats?

Kobe was never the best player in the league, nor was he ever the most valuable to his team. Anyone putting him top 15 is buying into the media garbage and overrating him.

If you want to argue media awards, MVP is the only one anyone cares about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kOgbPQ7LI

You arguing over opinions...opinions of the majority...

- Jordan was probaly viewed as the best player in 1990 - 1993 and 96 - 98'...before that he as battlig Magic and Bird.....a couple years in between he was battling Barkley , Malone,Shaq.....

- Kobe was arguably the best player in 01' 03' 06 - 10'

- again....this is Majority opinion ....how can you say Kobe didn't dominate..Kobe finished top 5 MVP voting 11 seasons.....the same as MJ...

Tim Duncan 9 times....

(opens pocket) 2EZ.........next
    Kobe has been consistently great, but he was never overwhelmingly regarded as the best player in the game. In the discussion sure, but he was never the clear-cut, (near) concensus best.