Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: ISH's #8 Player of Alltime

My vote is for Duncan btw.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Oh, so having Pau as his best teammate is something bad now? And it's not like he only had Pau, he also had Odom, Bynum, Artest.
    Bynum

09 PO
    6/4/0, 46%

10 PO
    9/7/1, 54%

Went to the Finals without him in '08

Odom

09 PO
    12/9/2, 51%

10 PO
    10/9/2, 47%

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Bynum

09 PO
    6/4/0, 46%

10 PO
    9/7/1, 54%

Odom

09 PO
    12/9/2, 51%

10 PO
    10/9/2, 47%
    GODLIKE.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty1978
    It's a lame and rather moot point. Put Shaq in the Magic/Bird era and he isn't nearly as accomplished, a young Jordan wasn't winning sh*t back then and it's doubtful Jordan equipped with a prime Scottie + Grant/Rodman is beating the great Laker/Celtic teams either.
    I don't really think it is.
    Duncan had the luxury of playing in a weaker era and he won while facing less impressive big men. And now we are comparing him to Hakeem, it's pure stupidity to only judge them based on titles and accolades when one of them clearly faced more difficult competition.. I rather judge them based on skillset and statistics and their situations rather than just staring blind at some titles. I am absolutely not saying that titles isn't important, absolutely not, but judging and comparing two players is more than just staring blind at who of them won more without considering the differences in competition and era.

Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I don't really think it is.
    Duncan had the luxury of playing in a weaker era and he won while facing less impressive big men. And now we are comparing him to Hakeem, it's pure stupidity to only judge them based on titles and accolades when one of them clearly faced more difficult competition.. I rather judge them based on skillset and statistics and their situations rather than just staring blind at some titles. I am absolutely not saying that titles isn't important, absolutely not, but judging and comparing two players is more than just staring blind at who of them won more without considering the differences in competition and era.

Am I wrong?
    Duncan's 03 run was impressive though, no matter who he played that run was great

NBA rookie of the year

Duncan's 03 run was impressive though, no matter who he played that run was great
    I never said that Duncan wasn't great, I only stated that the competition was weak and it really was. So was it in '99.

Learning to shoot layups STATmanLAKERFAN's Avatar

Tim Duncan aka The Big Fundamental

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Bynum

09 PO
    6/4/0, 46%

10 PO
    9/7/1, 54%

Odom

09 PO
    12/9/2, 51%

10 PO
    10/9/2, 47%
    Pau, Bynum and Odom make up one dynamic rotation. Arguably the best in the game. Bynum may not have an impressive stat line but neither does Tyson Chandler yet anyone could tell you his impact on the Mavs success is far greater than his 7ppg and 8rpg stat line. And Bynum is obviously a better overall player than Chandler. IMO Bynum can be a really productive player and one of the better centers in the league. He was utilized a lot more in the offense during last season's post season and put up 15ppg and 10rpg with a pretty good %. Don't undermine his ability. He's a solid player.

And yes they made the finals in 08 with Bynum and without him they lost. With him in the rotation, they ended up winning 2 consecutive titles. Looking back the 09 Magic never really stood a chance against the Lakers but damn if Pau and Bynum didn't contain Dwight. Dwight was beastin up until the Lakers too.

Pau, Bynum and Odom in the front court with Kobe leading the way is nothing to smirk at.

Anyways my vote goes to Hakeem.