Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nba finals towel boy Kyle_korver's Avatar

Default Re: Is Derek fisher going to the hall of fame???

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    Definitely not the HOF, but I think LA should retire his number after he and Kobe are gone from the league. Personally, I won't be able to think about Kobe and all of the finals they've been to without thinking about Fisher. He's been Kobe's number two and has had some great last-second shots and a lot of influence on important games' outcomes. And of course, the 5 rings. Only five L.A. Lakers own that many rings; no one has won more of them as a Laker.

Fisher and Kobe entered the league together in the 1996 draft, and they should leave together with their jerseys hanging from the Staples Center rafters. Just my 2 cents.
    If fishers goes in the hall of fame they should just destroy it .. Can anyone even identify when he was in his prime????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Fisher has never been the second option
    By number two, I mean that he's been with Kobe and has been there to drain some clutch shots over the last 15 years.

Also, even though Fisher isn't a stat king, it doesn't mean he's without accomplishments. He has played in 209 career playoff games, the fourth highest total in NBA history and ahead of Scotty Pippen (208), Kobe Bryant (208), Magic Johnson (190) and Michael Jordan (179). He ranks 2nd all time in NBA Finals three-pointers made (43), behind former teammate Robert Horry. He has the highest 3-point FG % in NBA Finals history at 42.6%, and the NBA listed Fisher's "0.4 Shot" as the 18th-greatest playoff moment of all time.
    Last edited by DFish; 10-30-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFish
    By number two, I mean that he's been with Kobe and has been there to drain some clutch shots over the last 15 years.
    Okay, gotcha. I always forget that Fisher took a brief "hiatus" from the Lakers and was in Utah and Golden State iirc.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Uhhh, no. At most he'll get his number retired in L.A. if that.
    Nope. Lakers are more strict on jersey retirements. If he played for the Celtics and had the same accomplishments his jersey would probably be retired though.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

If he's Kobe's number two, Kobe would have a number one then Kobe is Kobe, so Fisher would actually be number three, but even then I think he means along the lines of dependable. He's been Kobe's left-hand man for a while. Especially in the clutch.
    He has made clutch shots but he's never been a option. La never calls plays for him

I don't think so. The best he'll probably get is LA retiring his number, but I don't see it coming until they retire Michael Cooper's.

Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

If Derek Fisher deserves to be in the Hall of Fame then Robert Horry and Steve Kerr deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Quite frankly, I think none of those guys deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

He will get the Oscars before he gets into the HOF. Book it

robert horry has more a chance than fisher to get in. and robert horry doesnt have a chance at all

If people debate whether Tony Parker and Chauncey will make it in, I can't see Fisher getting in unless he becomes a coach and is somewhat successful at it.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

only if he sacrafice is life to end the lockout

He has about as good a chance as me.

Uhhh, no. At most he'll get his number retired in L.A. if that.
    No, he wont be retired in LA. Its harder to get in the Lakers rafters than it is to the HOF. There are a lot of guys who were great role players who never got their jersey retired. Michael Cooper, Byron Scott, Kurt Rambis were all guys who made big contributions to the lakers but never were retired.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease ClutchBucketz's Avatar

While others say the Lakers have stricter means for retiring a jersey and that has merit i wouldn't be surprised to see Derek's jersey retired right next to Kobe's when it's all said and done. I mean at the end of the day we're talking just about a whole career as one of Kobe's partners in the backcourt in which much success was had.

If and it's a big if Derek continues on a few more years and wins another championship alongside kobe then it certainly would help his cause.

NBA lottery pick

Why not? Most HOFs are open to the public, you buy a ticket. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Boxing, Rock