Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Chris Paul: The most overrated player

The guy was good 3-4 years ago, but that was his peak. He's been a washout player ever since. He was really good, but now he is the king of the most overrated player in the NBA. He had a good series against the Lakers because he played against 50 year old Fisher. Even TJ Ford would look like MJ against Fisher. All he can do now is flop, and fake injuries. The guy is a failure. I see him as more of a role player, he can't lead a team by himself to the glory land. He is not in the same class as Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant, Rose and Dirk. Overrated. How are people putting him in the top 5?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Paul: The most overrated player

I think you will be surprised how good he will be after he gets out of New Orleans and gets on a quality team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think you will be surprised how good he will be after he gets out of New Orleans and gets on a quality team.
    His career is on the decline and it will continue. The problem is now he has competition at the PG position, where now there are athletic PGs that can shut down his game. Back in 06 he really had no competition at the PG level. He's overrated.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    His career is on the decline and it will continue. The problem is now he has competition at the PG position, where now there are athletic PGs that can shut down his game. Back in 06 he really had no competition at the PG level. He's overrated.
    i don't think so at all. he's 26 and will have it so much easier playing on a contender. hopefully he finds his way to play with howard or on the knicks or something.

we'll see. my guess is that you put paul on a contender next year and he's the unanimous best pg in the game.

i don't see how he's on the decline. that is actually one of the things i'm most excited about in the next year or 2. i can't wait to see what paul and howard do on quality teams....hopefully they do it together. sucks watching a great player like paul suffer on shit teams.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

CP3 is a constant professional ... it is a fact he has lost some of his talents due to the injury , but there was a series of discussions last year about him on Turner and ESPN about how he adapted and has actually made him a better floor general.

You must remember he drives , whirls and exits out of the lane to create easy open shots for his teammates.
    In other words his teammates don't even have to create.

Once he has better talent surounding him , his floor general skills will shine similar to John Stockton's distribution

However as a PG he rely's heavily on quickness and speed , because of his lack of size... I am sure when he gets older , his outside shoot , not always called upon , will become a deadly weapon against opponents.

My fav is D-Will , but ESPN has CP3 as top dog for now

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

nice

Banned

He's very very good when healthy. Arguably the best PG in the game but people are overrating him because they rank him so highly based off of 1 series. It was very good, but it was 1 series.

Putting aside the discussion of whether he is overrated or not for a second, I strongly disagree in that the lack of competition made him look good back then. He as ranked an unarguable top 5 player in the league, arguably top 3. And that had nothing to do with position. It's not as if the best PG gets automatically ranked higher than the best PF, etc.

And I'm guessing you are not even checking you facts, given that 06 wasn't even his peak year (so far). He peaked through the 08-09 season, where he finished 5th in MVP votes.

You could make a case that he has declined from there. Last season he played 80 games, yet he had a career low in points, and nearly in rebounds. There is a decline there. Although as many are arguing, it could have had something to do with the team. I don't know, I do think he is in a decline this last two years, but I also think he is still young and ambitious enough to play again at an elite level.

Good college starter

He may be held in too high regard for last year but he's overall underrated career-wise. His first four seasons were statistically better than any current player except for maybe Duncan but he didn't get much credit then because he was in New Orleans and wasn't part of the '03 draft class. Even before the injury when he was breaking all the advanced stats records for PG's by very significant margins people were comparing him more to Deron than Kobe/Lebron.

He's been suffering the effects of running into a camera and then the resulting knee surgery for the last two seasons respectively, but this season he led his team into the playoffs and finished the year looking like his old self. He was one of the best PGs and finished with the highest PER despite being at or near the bottom of the league in athleticism among PG's. He literally walked around the court with that brace on last year, if he regains any of his athleticism he will be back to dominating the PG position.

He would have been the face of the NBA if he had ever played in a bigger market or a better team

5-time NBA All-Star

The guy was good 3-4 years ago, but that was his peak. He's been a washout player ever since. He was really good, but now he is the king of the most overrated player in the NBA. He had a good series against the Lakers because he played against 50 year old Fisher. Even TJ Ford would look like MJ against Fisher. All he can do now is flop, and fake injuries. The guy is a failure. I see him as more of a role player, he can't lead a team by himself to the glory land. He is not in the same class as Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant, Rose and Dirk. Overrated. How are people putting him in the top 5?
    To me he is the purest point guard out there and incredible at creating for other guys who can't do it on their own. He was the best three years ago. Amazingly, DWill was arguably right there with him two years ago and mysteriously CP is now clearly better than him after a two year absence (he did play but not at an elite level) and three excellent playoff games? People are acting like CP doesn't have to play to be considered the best now. We don't even know if he can push 75 games in a year.

No words.
    Last edited by Fiasco; 10-29-2011 at 02:01 AM.

I personally think that paul is better then rose. Paul is the purest point guards we have seen for quite some time

3-time NBA All-Star

who cares? theres no pg anyways whos not overrated. In fact they won 4 mvps this decade but no rings. LOL While players like dirk, amare, bosh,howard gets constantly underrated. Small men are always overrated while big men underrated.