Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Why are some NBA players so skinny?

I understand they need to be athletic and all but some of these guys are twigs.. I can't stand the players who are 6'10 and weigh around 210 pounds, really? These guys are professional players and I find it amazing that they don't try to gain some muscle.. You would think all the years on Varsity, College and now pros they would atleast try a bit. Having strength improves post play, driving to the rim, drawing contact, it makes you a much better player.

Austin Daye 6'11, 200 pounds.. That's awful, theres kids in High School more muscular than him despite having much less resources. It's no wonder the kid is playing SG at times. With that height he could be playing PF/C but he's 200 pounds..

Banned

Default Re: Why are some NBA players so skinny?

lol i can say is kevin durant, ****in twig, hey kevin ****in eat and workout damn it!

hey its ok if an 18 year old is skinny cause their still a kid, once there like 20 they shouldnt be anymore, like when kobe came from hs at 17 he was skinny then like 2-3 years later he got big

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I understand they need to be athletic and all but some of these guys are twigs.. I can't stand the players who are 6'10 and weigh around 210 pounds, really? These guys are professional players and I find it amazing that they don't try to gain some muscle.. You would think all the years on Varsity, College and now pros they would atleast try a bit. Having strength improves post play, driving to the rim, drawing contact, it makes you a much better player.

Austin Daye 6'11, 200 pounds.. That's awful, theres kids in High School more muscular than him despite having much less resources. It's no wonder the kid is playing SG at times. With that height he could be playing PF/C but he's 200 pounds..
    good metabolism

have you played basketball before? its an incredible cardio workout. Constant cardio = hard to keep/build muscle.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Tayshaun Prince is as thin as Austin Daye and has an amazing ironman streak, over 400 Consecutive. Each person is different, and sometimes get muscle is to lose agility / speed / power / jump and many more things.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrpuente
    have you played basketball before? its an incredible cardio workout. Constant cardio = hard to keep/build muscle.
    it will be easier to get muscle with cardio, look at nfl players thats intense cardio for their workouts and games, cardio will burn all the fat so when they workout they will just be pure muscle basically

Saw a basketball once

Because being heavier makes you more injury prone, especially in the knees.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    Tayshaun Prince is as thin as Austin Daye and has an amazing ironman streak, over 400 Consecutive. Each person is different, and sometimes get muscle is to lose agility / speed / power / jump and many more things.
    or its probally just their genetic build maybe

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by mrpuente
    This is blatantly false.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer

It's called ectomorphism. People have different body types. Ever notice how some NBA guys are fat even though they do more exercise than 98% of the population?

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    It's called ectomorphism. People have different body types. Ever notice how some NBA guys are fat even though they do more exercise than 98% of the population?
    Uh, they're fat because they eat like shit and most likely party after games and drink 2x their body weight. Any person who blames their weight (or more specifically their body fat levels) on genes is a douche.

Banned

zach randolph

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Manute Bol

7'7"

200 lbs.

Rest In Peace.

/end thread

Learning to shoot layups cbombdotcom's Avatar

This. Everybody has different body types and shapes. There's a guy who hoops here at my college and he is mad pudgy. Dude does work though. Lifts, works out, doesn't eat too much junk and his conditioning is at a normal level. Just by looking at him though, you'd think one good jog would have him winded.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfslut
    Because being heavier makes you more injury prone, especially in the knees.
    Truth here.