Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Jordan's return in the 94-95 season

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I think the Bulls at least make it to the Finals if Jordan had played a full season instead of coming back late into the season, or if they had some quality big men even with his late return. One or the other.

What people don't realize though when these "what if Jordan never retired" topics come up is that its very doubtful that Bulls team is constructed the way they were going into the 95 season if Jordan was around. They had no problem letting Grant go, and really weren't that concerned with replacing him. The Bulls were looking to actually trade Pippen for Kemp, which goes to show they were looking to rebuild around Kemp+Kukoc and really didn't have the intention of trying to contend that year.
    True. Its all conjecture.

However, grant made it very clear he wasn't resigning with the bulls. The same with scott williams. But I do agree the bulls seemed to be in rebuilding mode. And pippen would've been next had jordan not returned. As well as jackson.

I'm not sure they get past orlando in any way shape or form without a competant bigman. And I must admit longley improved to.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Jordan's return in the 94-95 season

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Near 35 year old broken back Larry Bird schooled the Bulls to the tune of 30 points and 60% shooting on his way... to losing 132 - 113. (11-06-91)

35 year old broken back Larry Bird then blasted the Bulls to a near career high of 8 points on 40% shooting in losing 121-99 on Christmas Day 1991

35 year old broken back Larry Bird showed prime MJ and the Bulls something in his last showdown by exploding for 10 points on 27% shooting in a 119-85 loss to the Bulls. (03-11-92)

Owned