Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default DeShawn Stevenson: "LeBron is overrated"

I like how he says this after the last game vs. Cleveland

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/cavs/200...-at-wizards-2/

–DeShawn Stevenson did do a good job in the fourth quarter guarding LeBron. In fact, the Wizards did a nice job pressuring him on pick-and-rolls and not letting him get a head of steam to the basket in the second half. But Stevenson took personally. He missed the final shot in Cleveland when the Cavs beat Washington last month and he was trying to atone. He was carrying on with LeBron and Damon Jones all night. In the first half, Damon made a 3-pointer and waved his hand in front of his face to mock what Stevenson does when he makes 3s. Stevenson didn’t like that and in the second half when he made a couple 3s he looked over at Damon and mocked his “three on a platter” and how Damon sometimes slaps his butt when he hits shots. Damon just stood up and glared at him.
    –But the stuff with LeBron was more personal. He told Michael Lee of the Washington Post after the game that LeBron was talking trash to him and that he wanted to get under LeBron’s skin. Then he said: “LeBron is overrated” and made sure the quote was attributed to him. When LeBron is tired after playing 90 minutes in 24 hours, he isn’t the same player, I agree. Stevenson did a good job in the fourth, so props to him. Yet poking one of the best players in the league just isn’t a good idea. LeBron has proven to be tough on people who challenge him. Especially considering Stevenson shot 19 percent in the playoff series with the Cavs last season. Too bad the Cavs don’t play the Wizards again this year, it would be interesting to see LeBron’s response.
    What is the history between these 2 guys? It's strange because Gooden and Stevenson are best of friends and Drew was Bron's teammate..
    Last edited by konex; 03-14-2008 at 03:54 AM.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Default Re: DeShaun Stevenson: "LeBron is overrated"

I'm not sure, but I personally would love to see a Cavs vs. Wiz series again with Gil, Jamison, and Butler all at full strength.. and it's actually possible with Caron back, Gil on his way, and the Raptors losing steam without Bosh in the lineup.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizar....html#comments

Stevenson wasn't backing down.

Afterward, he talked about how the Cavs tried to punk the Wizards and how he's tired of it.
    "I was just trying to get up under his skin and make him think about me playing, competing and talking trash. I played with Raja Bell in Utah and I take a lot of things from him. He's a great defender. Sometimes you gotta do that with those guys. Those guys play guys that are scared of them all day so sometimes, you gotta get under their skin and talk some trash and tonight, I tried to do that."

On the Cavs attitude: "They beat us two years in a row (in the playoffs) and last year, they gave us a spanking you know, so they have that swagger. When they walk into our gym they feel like they are at home so we have to take that away from them. We've got to stop playing around with them, laughing and joking because we know those guys. We have to take those guys serious."

DeShawn was obviously holding back in that session with reporters around his locker. When he was leaving the building, Mike Lee was chatting him up and mentioned LeBron again. DeShawn has obviously heard enough of that.

"He's overrated," DeShawn told Mike. "And you can say I said that."

Wow. Bet the King won't like that one. Here's hoping that the Wiz manage to jump ahead of Toronto and grab that fifth spot so these teams meet again.

i like the ending "too bad the Cavs don't play the Wizards again this season" this is the sole reason Shawn would say what he said, now LBJ can't drop 50 on his head cuz they dont play again

Default Re: DeShawn Stevenson: "LeBron is overrated"

Hope they somehow meet in the playoffs, there's nothing better than players than don't like (or hate) each other.
    Add some Dallas-GS and LA-Phoenix series too.

Dunking on everybody in the park darabzarrabi's Avatar

I think ultimately the joke is on DeShawn because Lebron could hire DeShawn to be his butler...thats how rich he is

this is the guy with the number 2 and his name tatted on his back right?

Saw a basketball once TheBrownSound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
    I think ultimately the joke is on DeShawn because Lebron could hire DeShawn to be his butler...thats how rich he is
    Spot on! Nothing more needs to be said.

finally someone spoke, lebron ain't sh*t, i don't know why he thinks of him self as something big, because he really isn't.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

*waiting for Lebron23 and Created Player*

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit
    finally someone spoke, lebron ain't sh*t, i don't know why he thinks of him self as something big, because he really isn't.
    lets see ur username is detroit. im guess ur still grumpy to what the cavs and bron did to you last season. can i remind u....please?

detroit took first 2 games, then lebron had a couple of great performances, then game 5 came along and lebron scored 29 of the last 30 points against the detroit team, and then he burnt them with a near tripple double in game 6.

so yeah the same lebron that aint sh*t has basically kicked the **** out of the pistons.

National High School Star

can't wait for some of the Kobe fanatics to see this

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

So let's see: LeBron talks trash to him throughout the game. Stevenson responds with his own trash talk.

This has happened since Naismith put up the first peach basket.

wait...who the **** is deshawn stevenson?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jo3y91
    wait...who the **** is deshawn stevenson?

the next MJ

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/deshawnstevenson.htm