Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Default Re: Why Isnt Durant Getting Bashed For the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by I LUV KOBE
    Ok but still Kobe>>>Lebron... Cant reply at you atm gonna do something back at you later..

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    On one hand, Durant is one to blame for bad performances of his teammates because he was just awfull creator and team player. If they got enough open shots, his teammates would score smt. And dont forget that Magic Johnson won FMVP with 16/8/10 and you are acting like Lebron's 18/8/7 or smt so bad. He just disappeared in the 4th Qs and thats it.
    Play maker? Durant's never really been given that role, he's a move without the ball get open or create for yourself kind of player (a better version of Reggie Miller). RW and Harden are the play makers, Durant the scorer and closer. That's been their identity and obviously has been effective. And the Thunder teammates had plenty of open opportunities, they just could knock them down. RW was taking A LOT of shots too and possibly taking away role players rhythms.

As far as Magic, statistically those finals numbers are not much different than his regular season numbers. Lebron was putting up great number in the regular season all the way right up to the finals then withers to a 18/7/7 player. Lebron deserved that bashing, Durant not so much.

Banned

Durant is the newest fraud in the NBA. He is the league's favorite child now though too. He needs teammates to get him open looks and he does nothing outside of scoring. He's basically a 7 foot monta ellis but with a far superior supporting cast.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Because he didn't put an 07 LeBron performance
    How can you even compare the two series?

Lebron
    Eric Snow
    Larry Hughes
    Drew Gooden
    Big Z

Durant would have been lucky to make it out the first round with that team. At age 21, he probably would have been eliminated in the first.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

At the end of any series, one of 2 things usually happens:
    (1) The winning team/player gets praised for taking over.
    (2) The losing team/player gets bashed for failing.

Rarely, do both happen, it is typically one or the other. This series was attributed more to LeBron's greatness rather than Durant's shortcomings. This is in contrast to say, the Magic beating Cleveland which was attributed to Lebron's failures, while Dwight and the Magic got little credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    At the end of any series, one of 2 things usually happens:
    (1) The winning team/player gets praised for taking over.
    (2) The losing team/player gets bashed for failing.

Rarely, do both happen, it is typically one or the other. This series was attributed more to LeBron's greatness rather than Durant's shortcomings. This is in contrast to say, the Magic beating Cleveland which was attributed to Lebron's failures, while Dwight and the Magic got little credit.
    38-8-8 on 49% shooting. GOAT "failure"

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    So what you are saying is you didn't watch the Finals, right?
    I watched every single game Lebron won because his team played better not because he played better than Durant.

how can people say Durant was being passive when he was taking 21 shots a game in the finals which is more than what he averaged in the regular season and every series before

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    how can people say Durant was being passive when he was taking 21 shots a game
    Because all he did was stand behind the 3 point line taking jumpshots. He shot a lot but he put no pressure on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    How can you even compare the two series?

Lebron
    Eric Snow
    Larry Hughes
    Drew Gooden
    Big Z

Durant would have been lucky to make it out the first round with that team. At age 21, he probably would have been eliminated in the first.
    I can compare the two series because OPs basically asked why isn't Durant getting bashed as much as LeBron was when he lost in the finals, Durant played Good, LeBron didn't,LeBron is the "chosen1" Duran't isnt

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    I can compare the two series because OPs basically asked why isn't Durant getting bashed as much as LeBron was when he lost in the finals, Durant played Good, LeBron didn't,LeBron is the "chosen1" Duran't isnt

That wasn't my point at all. Lebron should have been bashed, and was. But I see no reason why Durant gets a pass when his team 1( lost with HCA and were favored 2( didn't step up in other areas aside from scoring. Never once did I say Durant should be blamed the same way Bron was in 2011. But he shouldn't get a pass either. He had a very talented team and was favored to win.