Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe sucks as a starting point guard

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    I must have missed that, you brought per 36 minutes stats to a player that can only play 15 mins a game because anymore he is a liability.
    Willie Green and Crawford are bigger liabilities. I love how as usual though you conveniently ignore quotes contradicting what you blasted somebody about out of the blue. You've become arguably the biggest troll on the forum and it's sad to see.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Pretty much. Which is what I've thought all along despite being his biggest homer here. I never claimed he was already ready to carry a team as THE PG and run a team. He's still raw and as you said is more of a project.

My main complain has been that he needs more chances and minutes or should start OFF THE BALL next to CP3. It's sad that because he's a defensive+rebounding PG people just call him shit because he has bad offensive games. He's NOT a good scorer, although he can go off. He's a DEFENSE FIRST player.
    So you want to start him at SG he is 6ft 180 and can't shoot.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    this. would look good with the lakers too imo.
    Yeah anywhere where he doesn't, you know, have to be a point guard.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

No doubt he would be considered an average IQ player at best, maybe low IQ. Then again Westbrook is a low IQ player and is a top 10 player and was a big part of his team getting to the finals so there is hope for Bledsoe.
    Westbrick has even more physical (height and athletics) tools just to start. His offensive game is like Mozart compared to Bled. He's also has more confidence. He's doesn't have high b-ball IQ but it's still better then Bled's.

My reasoning on having little hope is what I mentioned, how he's had the 2 best pgs in the league teaching him during games, during practices, and meetings yet he has nothing to show for it on the court. He doesn't even manage the clock well consistently! That's the most basic of pg duties. If having CP and Chaunce mentor you for 2 years doesn't make you better, then there's no hope. He's still young, so I'm hoping he's just a really really really really slow learner and not hopeless.

You can still love him all you want, you can think it's Gawdsoe, just realize you're playing him up and he's not as good as you think. He's great as a "chance of pace" pg, I still think he's good but I wouldn't want him as the main pg.

Read my post? WHEN BLEDSOE IS PLAYING WELL. When he's playing at his best he puts up stat lines I've seen from maybe 3 other PG's in the NBA.... CP3, Rondo and Lowry are the only ones who are capable of putting up his monster stat stuffing games. I didn't call him a top 15 PG.
    When DeAndre Jordan plays well, he's the leagues best Center.

When Butler plays well, he can be considered top 5.

And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    So you want to start him at SG he is 6ft 180 and can't shoot.
    He's actually 205 pounds this year and was 195 last year. He's closer to 6'1 and to go with that has a 6'8 wing span, the same standing reach as Kobe, a 40 inch vert, elite lateral foot speed and great defensive instincts. He locked up Manu and OJ Mayo in the playoffs and has guarded SG's very well for the most part. He's done a great job on Wade a few times for stretches as well.

He's struggled with Harden, Kobe and JJ.. the big+strong+athletic SG's who post up. Very few SG's give him problems therefor he can guard SG's, similarly to Avery Bradley who's an inch taller but is less athletic, not as strong, has an inch worse standing reach and wingspan.

Clipps can't rely on both DJ and Bled, if so they'll join the Lakers Fail Plane.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

And so on.
    Terrible example. DJ has yet to put up a SINGLE game that made me think he was an elite center. He had a monster game against Denver in 2010-2011 where he put up something like 20 points, 18 rebounds and 5 blocks but it was a once in a million years game. Butler plays one good game for every 10 and never has the kind of all around peak Bledsoe has. Bledsoe regularly puts up monster stats in his limited minutes and has had a few games this year that were just shy of triple doubles.

Like I said the only other PG's who are legit triple double threats any given night are CP3, Lowry, Rondo and Westbrook. Bledsoe has that all around dominate a game capability when he plays well.

Bledsoe needs to work on a lot, before he can be a starter caliber PG in this league. Needs to workout with CP3 in the offseason more or something. Come on dude, you got the best PG in the game right now that your practice against, you got to pick up some tips.

I don't really see him being better than Thompson or George. He would have to be on a developing team that relies on him more. He needs to keep working on that jumpshot.

CP we miss you! come back and save our asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

And so on.

Bledsoe with dem clutch blocks though

Scrubsoe

BTW Brandon this is a serious question. Why do you care so much about the Clippers when your Grizzlies are breaking up their core and going nowhere... and your Lakers are likely to be a lottery team this year but with no draft pick? You just have a weird Clippers obsession and the Clippers really seem to be affecting your mental state lately. If you were a fan that would be understandable but you don't even follow the team as evidenced by your shitty knowledge.

BTW Brandon this is a serious question. Why do you care so much about the Clippers when your Grizzlies are breaking up their core and going nowhere... and your Lakers are likely to be a lottery team this year but with no draft pick? You just have a weird Clippers obsession and the Clippers really seem to be affecting your mental state lately. If you were a fan that would be understandable but you don't even follow the team as evidenced by your shitty knowledge.
    Because you said some dumb shit, then said you didn't say it, then someone proved you said it, and you still try to defend it

on top of that I am in NBA fan I watch as many games as I can either live or replays and watching Bledsoe attempt to play point guard makes me wanna barf
    Last edited by brandonislegend; 02-02-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Bledsoe - Retarded version of Avery Bradley without a jump shot