Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Default Re: Dwyane Wade's blocking ability is unreal

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    He's good but not as great as DikemBE MutomBE..

This were just left handed block highlights.. Just using his off hand to block players like Yao, Duncan, TMac, AK47, JKidd, Durant, Amare, Camby, Ray Allen, CP3, etc.. Again just left hand..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMs2nweH5Y enjoy!!
    Yes! Kobe is a better shot blocker than Wade! Finally someone is courageous enough to tell the obvious truth. Now we just need to have somebody come forward and expose other elements of Kobe's superiority. Like how he's a better rebounder than Rodman, and a better passer than stockton, and has a better cross over than Iverson, and how he's a better dunker than Carter, and How he's taller than Manute Bol.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    wade is one of the greatest ever. Defence, scoring, layups, passing, blocks, midrange, steals wade got it all
    block shot = defence ????

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jcsrplumply
    The guy is the best shot-blocking shooting guard of all time.
    And someone in this thread "probably a stan" is crediting Lebron too much.
    he is not better than Jordan both offence & defence

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    He's the best. Jordan jockers have to deal with it.
    JORDAN BLOCKED EWING WHATEVER SHOTER & TALLER THAN HIM,BUT WADE GAMBLE TOO MUCH
    Last edited by Greg Oden 50; 04-09-2013 at 06:21 AM.

I hate videos like this, you can't see shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    Yes! Kobe is a better shot blocker than Wade! Finally someone is courageous enough to tell the obvious truth. Now we just need to have somebody come forward and expose other elements of Kobe's superiority. Like how he's a better rebounder than Rodman, and a better passer than stockton, and has a better cross over than Iverson, and how he's a better dunker than Carter, and How he's taller than Manute Bol.
    No dude.. Kobe is not a better rebounder than Rodman aka the GOAT rebounder but I believe Kobe is one of the best rebounding guard of all time.. Kobe is also not better than Iverson in cross over department.. Maybe you can say that they're equal but better, nah.. Kobe is arguably the best in game dunker but in slam dunk contest, Vince Carter wins hands down.. And last, are you a troll? It's obviously that Manute Bol is taller than Kobe..

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    He's good but not as great as DikemBE MutomBE..

This were just left handed block highlights.. Just using his off hand to block players like Yao, Duncan, TMac, AK47, JKidd, Durant, Amare, Camby, Ray Allen, CP3, etc.. Again just left hand..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DMs2nweH5Y enjoy!!
    Who in the f**king world cares which hand he blocks it? I counted on that vid less than 20 blocks. And there was no block that would be 1v1 against center (F.e. in wade's vid he blocked chandler and lopez(2x)). In blocks Wade>Kobe. Deal with it Kobe fans.

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boomerang
    Well he has Lebron guarding the best players, so he can sneak up behind and block the shot. Wade is great at being help defense, where he gets his blocks. So in the end, credit has to be given to the Heat and Lebron's defense.

Everything Wade does is underrated. If Kobe and Lebron do the same things, they will be all over the news but since it's wade, it's just normal things

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

What's most uncanny about Wade's shot blacking ability to me is how many of his blocks result in transition baskets for his team. He has to practice that, he almost always seems to keep the ball in bounds.

I have always maintained that stealing the basketball is more valuable than blocks, because a steal ALWAYS results in an extra possession for your team, while the majority of blocks shots are recovered by the offense.

Not so with Wade though

The other thing is he blocks so many jump shots and iso/post ups, incredible. I have no doubt in my min that Wade has blocked more jumpshots than ANY player (outside of maybe Kirilenko) in the past 10 seasons.

That's why to me his 09 season is the best by a perimetre player since early 90's Jordan. Managing to avg 2.2. stls and 1.3 blocks, while having to put 30 every night JUST TO HAVE A CHANCE was crazy.

A lot of folks say he was on that stuff in 09 and while I know a lot of that is inspired by envy and hate I myself as a HUGE Wade fan wonder sometimes.

The stuff he was doing that season just defied logic. I have to laugh when people claim someone like Drex or AI is better than this guy.

Wade at his highest level is an absolute OGRE, DOMINANT on the level of a Wilt, Lebron, Shaq, Jordan. Those players obviously being much better at SUSTAINING that level.
    Last edited by Akhenaten; 04-09-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Considering his size his blocking is unreal!! I don't know how he does it but he must have great instinct and timing. Overall his highlight videos are amazing!

It's true that Wade is a help defense blocker. He always sneaks up on opponents while another teammate guards them. More credit should be given to his teammates. Someone like Lebron guards one on one and gets the job done, he doesn't just sneak on people with help defense from the blind side.
    Lebron his known for his chase down blocks, how is that not sneaking up. He doesn't block in any other way.

You failed miserably twice on this thread already, i would say that's the average for a Lebron stan, you need to keep going, if you want to stand out.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Lebron his known for his chase down blocks, how is that not sneaking up. He doesn't block in any other way.

You failed miserably twice on this thread already, i would say that's the average for a Lebron stan, you need to keep going, if you want to stand out.
    Why should new posters take advice from you? You could stop posting forever and no one would ever notice.

Dunking on everybody in the park

It's true that Wade is a help defense blocker. He always sneaks up on opponents while another teammate guards them. More credit should be given to his teammates. Someone like Lebron guards one on one and gets the job done, he doesn't just sneak on people with help defense from the blind side.
    Oh yeah, his blocks on tyson chandler in 2011 finals, or his block on melo on last year playoffs were all "sneaking" plays.

Nikka please

They were all going to throw down hard and he came up blocking the shot knowing that he could be posterized.

I took these two as examples, but there are more.
    Last edited by Frozen1; 04-09-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Blocking queen!

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Amazing timing, amazing athlete.