Default DJ Augustin thinks Bulls can hang with the East's best in playoffs

So the East is a two-team race between the Heat and Pacers? Chicago Bulls guard D.J. Augustin doesn't want to hear it. "In the playoffs, anything can happen," he told reporters. "It's going to be funny to watch, if one of those teams goes down, to kind of have the last laugh at them. We can't worry about that kind of stuff. We've got to focus on ourselves. We feel like we can beat any team in the NBA, East or West."

-- South Florida Sun Sentinel

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: DJ Augustin thinks Bulls can hang with the East's best in playoffs

As always, love the enthusiasm. But this kind of talk just bites a player in the ass. Shouldn't be said to the press, just in the locker room.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

They can. This team has been able to hang with Indiana and Miami this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    They can. This team has been able to hang with Indiana and Miami this season.
    Playoffs are a different animal though. A regular season game, yeah definitely. A 7 game series?

I do wish Indiana and Miami were having their struggles in a couple weeks, instead of right now though, both teams are out of sync.

Well he backed up those words tonight. 33 points.

Well he backed up those words tonight. 33 points.
    33 pts against?????The freaking Boston Celtics
    Dont' get me wrong, I am grateful for all his efforts, stepping up and being a really good contributor but hang with the best of the East?
    DJ has averaged 8 pts vs Miami in 3 games this year.
    7 pts vs Indiana in 3 games, 9 pts vs New Jersey then feast on bad teams like Cleveland, Detroit and NY ave above 20 pts/game.
    Hang?, I like his confidence tho, and believe me they should retain him for the next few years, but they only contend with better teammates.

Who cares who it was against? He scored a career high. He's playing the best basketball of his career.

This team is absolutely good enough to beat anyone out East except Indiana and Miami. By "hang with the best" in the East I mean the Bulls could take Indiana and Miami to 6 or 7 games. Not going to be a sweep. And with the way Indiana is playing I could see the Bulls upsetting them in the playoffs if they meet.

Who cares who it was against? He scored a career high. He's playing the best basketball of his career.

This team is absolutely good enough to beat anyone out East except Indiana and Miami. By "hang with the best" in the East I mean the Bulls could take Indiana and Miami to 6 or 7 games. Not going to be a sweep. And with the way Indiana is playing I could see the Bulls upsetting them in the playoffs if they meet.
    Read the title of the thread again, hang with the "East BEST" in the Playoffs.
    Will DJ face bad teams like Boston in the playoffs?
    Just incase you missed it, I am a Bulls fan so I hope and pray that you are right esp vs the Heat but I just don't see them scoring enough points to "hang" with these top 2 teams.
    You mentioning ONE game by DJ plus the "recent" struggles of Indiana makes me think you live to much in the moment. No I don't think Indiana can beat the Heat but their defense is so good, I don't see them being outscored by the Bulls in the playoffs.