Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is sharing personal stories not appropriate on here?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Lol, actually it's quite different from 10 years ago. There weren't as many trolls on here. You can have a thread that can be a rational entertaining conversation without a hitch. Nowadays you can't have one thread without a callout even if it's from the most rational poster on the most rational topic. I'm actually surprised the thread went this far without a "OP is a fagghet" comment.

but I agree with you in a sense is if you share a personal experience, then people have a right to comment on it however they want. which is fine, I guess I've noticed more posters attacking me as opposed to the situation. Like if I had no intentions of being mad, sad, or indifferent, I will be attacked as such, regardless of story.
    I have been posting for 7 years and lurking for longer, and I feel like this place has always been absolutely infested with trolls. The trolls are actually part of the appeal with this place, its fun that (almost) anything goes here.

Lol I wasn't attacking you in the other thread if that's how you interpreted it. Just found it funny. Keep doing you.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Lol I wasn't attacking you in the other thread if that's how you interpreted it. Just found it funny. Keep doing you.
    No worries homie. Didn't take it personally.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I've had some similar experiences sharing similarly personal experiences. I rarely make any threads myself though. I have on occasion though, probably most notably my annual travelogue about my weekend at The Big East every year, but occasionally other stuff. I also however will tell personal stories as they relate to other people's situations in their threads, if I have an anecdote that I feel relates.

I'm not calling criticism necessarily hate either. I've had people give me critical advice about stuff. But I've also had people just throw shit out there. Especially in the anonymous Rep notes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I've had some similar experiences sharing similarly personal experiences. I rarely make any threads myself though. I have on occasion though, probably most notably my annual travelogue about my weekend at The Big East every year, but occasionally other stuff. I also however will tell personal stories as they relate to other people's situations in their threads, if I have an anecdote that I feel relates.

I'm not calling criticism necessarily hate either. I've had people give me critical advice about stuff. But I've also had people just throw shit out there. Especially in the anonymous Rep notes.
    Dude you've posted some epic stories in the past. Keep it up.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

One time I f**ked my cat while giving my dog head

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

hateraid, do you like to sit down and talk to your wife? Do you actually believe what she says and try to relate to the way she feels?

You seem like a good communicator.

I hate women, so I don't care about anything they say.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Lol, actually it's quite different from 10 years ago. There weren't as many trolls on here. You can have a thread that can be a rational entertaining conversation without a hitch. Nowadays you can't have one thread without a callout even if it's from the most rational poster on the most rational topic. I'm actually surprised the thread went this far without a "OP is a fagghet" comment.

but I agree with you in a sense is if you share a personal experience, then people have a right to comment on it however they want. which is fine, I guess I've noticed more posters attacking me as opposed to the situation. Like if I had no intentions of being mad, sad, or indifferent, I will be attacked as such, regardless of story.

Actually, your personal story threads usually have good discussion.

But you can't keep lookin for peoples approval, makes you look weak.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Nah OP. It's all good

I like your threads and find them interesting including this one hateraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic

lmao this shit cracks me up though, especially with the (serious) discussion between hateraid and nanners about trolls

ISH is a wasteland with teenage/young adults who are angst hence all the shit talking. Look for real talk elsewhere. You can't buy cookies at taco bell k

   

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Everything gets backlash in here...that's what ISH is...a shark pool of posters waiting for an opening to call someone a f@ggot.

It's what sets ISH apart though...I post on other sites and the bulk of shit in here would get you banned there. It has its pluses, but the minuses are trolls that never go away. If you create a thread in here you just have to always be prepared to get called out, when has anyone ever made a thread in here that resulted in nothing but "compliments"?

I've read "OP is a f@ggot" a million times...I've read "OP is a genius" zero times.
    print this out and stick it in a frame next to your monitor, OP.

OTOH if you actually want some good feedback and critique to a life event, i would go with reddit. their system of encouraging the best responses works superbly for the most part, as does gathering special-interest folks in the various groups.

ISH has some of the lowest signal-to-noise levels i've ever seen in a forums. it would probably be pretty easy to create a bot that simulated most threads here. but like some have said, somehow there's a certain jackass charm to this joint.

I'm open asf here. Idc what these fggots think.

Lets be real there are only like 3 real people on ISH, rest are Josh.