Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Do you take back beer you brought over as a guest?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Over the weekend I invited a friend over to watch the Cavs/Raps game. He brings over a 4 pack of beer. He puts it in the fridge and I suggest to drink mine because it's already cold. So we polish of 4 each of my beer and decide to go play pool since the game was over. We decide to leave his beer there so when we're done we can have night cap beers when we get home. We go to the pool hall, which I pay, I buy us 3 rounds and he bought none. We finish up and head back to my house. By then we're cashed and don't feel like having another one. I call it a night and my buddy does too, takes off to go home. Next morning I look in the fridge and he took his beer with him.

Now I don't feel obligated to his beer, but wouldn't it be a good gesture to leave the beer behind as a thank you for your hospitality? Or even as a gift offering when you come over like a bottle of wine? Thoughts?
    Sooooo.... You were drinking and driving?

Beer I never bother with. Friends at times have even said to take it, but I dunno, too much of a hassle actually bothering to do it.

Unless it is a nice bottle of something I don't bother. Even then I generally leave it, since I usually drink with the same people, and they're good enough to leave it for next time we catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Sooooo.... You were drinking and driving?
    Lol, after reading through that, that was your concern?
    I don't drink and drive. My career requires I have a licence as I'm paid to drive to see accounts. My automobile and all the expenses are paid for through my company. A cab ride to any of my destinations is no more that $15. So why would I risk my career?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Hateraid you post a lot of weird social interactions. You have some weird friends.
    He starts threads about the most inane everyday social interactions. It's strange to me that he thinks about these things so much as a 40 year old with a family.