Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Wolves agree to 4 year, $62 million extension with Kevin Love...

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    Kevin Love taking less money like I wanted. Kevin Love is the man!
    Deal isn't done broski.

I got a bad feeling.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    Deal isn't done broski.

I got a bad feeling.
    NOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!

The title is stupid. Why does it matter if the Wolves agree with it? Kevin Love has to. We already knew what they were going to offer like a week ago. Oh wait, nevermind. It kind of makes sense.

espn analysts: lets prank brussard

"hey chris, we just heard kevin love is going to sign a 65 mil deal with wolves, and stein is going to report it on the air"

chris:"com'on guys, i never get it right, let me do it so pple wont think i bullshit every single time"

"alright chris, its all yours' *chuckle*

The first part of this article is leaning towards a Kevin Love 4 year, 62 million agreement Wednesday. It's looking good so far.

Why would Kevin Love sign this deal when he is eligible for the same deal Westbrook just got? He'll be a restricted FA.

Over 4 years, he wouldn't be taking less money - that's the max now for extensions on rookie contracts.

I guess they are saving the designated player status for either Williams or Rubio.

How much would he get if he becomes a RFA this summer?

Decent playground baller

Love isn't a franchise player. He gets his stats but makes neither anyone else or his team better.

I'm tired of small market teams overpaying these second bananas masqueraring as franchise players. See also: Danny Granger.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    I guess they are saving the designated player status for either Williams or Rubio.

Westbrook extended for five years $80 million which translates to $16 mil a year comparing to this contract which would pay Love 15.5 a year.

Default Re: Wolves and Kevin Love in serious talks about contract extension

Seeing as this is not a done deal I have edited the subject title.

Kevin Love would be a Restricted Free Agent right? So that means he can't sign where he wants to like say Lebron did?

what if he takes less money to play for another team? He can't do that? His team would only match the offer if the another team brought a better one, can someone explain if another team offers less but is in good position for playoff/championship and Kevin Love is interested? What would be the case then?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Then why aren't they using it on Love?

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMG
    Love isn't a franchise player. He gets his stats but makes neither anyone else or his team better.

I'm tired of small market teams overpaying these second bananas masqueraring as franchise players. See also: Danny Granger.
    He's a much better player than Danny Granger's one dimensional ass. At least Love can fill it up, rebound and pass a little. Granger has never looked like a star. The Pacers have bad history of severely overpaying players, i.e. Jermaine O'neal.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Kevin Love would be a Restricted Free Agent right? So that means he can't sign where he wants to like say Lebron did?

what if he takes less money to play for another team? He can't do that? His team would only match the offer if the another team brought a better one, can someone explain if another team offers less but is in good position for playoff/championship and Kevin Love is interested? What would be the case then?
    It's a gamble.

The Clippers didn't reach an agreement with DeAndre Jordan and then waited until another team made an offer. The Warriors offered 4 years, $43 million, and they matched it, so the Clippers had to pay more than what they initially wanted to pay.

Maybe the Wolves are waiting to see if another team would make an offer more than what the Wolves are willing to give. Maybe he won't get a better offer; maybe he will.