Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who's rap career will burst first, Drake or Nicki Minaj

It's a pretty straight-forward and simple question really. I should have *inserted* "who's rap career will burst first (if either of them ever do), Drake or Nicki Minaj" - b/c quite honestly - they're both positioned to be greatly successful for many years to come.

Having said that, I don't believe either one of them are worthy of being long-term HIGHLY (and by highly, I mean 2Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye) successful. Everyone says they're both gimmicks (especially Nicki Minaj), and perhaps those claims are right, perhaps they're not.

Obviously, Nicki Minaj is putting on some type of an act with all the tomfoolery, etc - but to be truthful, she comes correct. Her tangible "skills" are just as good as any other past female emcee (with maybe the exception of someone like Jean Grae or maybe an "on-fire" Lil Kim or Foxy Brown); her flow always complement her beats, and some argue her voice is annoying... to each their own.

As for Drake. Alright, I'm no Drake hater, but let's all be honest with ourselves. In terms of raw rapping ability, this guy just pits on a track. I'll admit his flow is sharp, but outside of that you snatch just about any full-of-false swag wanna-be metrosexual rap artist off the street and badaboom, badabing, Drake replication.

Having said all that, I'd say Drake is the one to bubble then pop way before that of Nicki Minaj. I don't see Drake selling records as consistently for as many years as Jay or Wayne, maybe not even half that. I believe after one or two more years his (Drake's) act, style, sound will be hella played out, and the sales will just painfully decline.

Nicki has a much more broad audience and fan base. Sure, many young white soon to be whores who are into black guys will continue to buy Drake's music, but they'll also cop Nicki's shit too, and couple that with all the young, middle age and even old dudes who are Nicki fans.

I don't see Drake getting any "hotter" ... and I don't see Nicki getting any major blaze amplifications only b/c she's so damn hot right now, but her stock will withstand the test of time.

Default Re: Who's rap career will burst first, Drake or Nicki Minaj

Drake, being a male will fall first.

Nicki as a female has no competition. I don't mean by a talent stand-point, I mean by any female counterpart in the rap game. What other female is rapping now, Diamond and Just Brittany, lol.

There is a new male every month who someone hear will make thread on.

Nicki Minaj will stay around as long as that club music pop sound exists in the mainstream.

Drake will be around longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Nicki Minaj will stay around as long as that club music pop sound exists in the mainstream.

Drake will be around longer.
    Actually I take that back, Nicki will go straight back to that pure pop sound she used to have on her first album. fml, they are both going to stay

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

I've listened to both of Drakes LPs and I have to say, if anything he's probably gonna come out with another good album.

Nick Minaj will probably fall next year

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh

Obviously, Nicki Minaj is putting on some type of an act with all the tomfoolery, etc - but to be truthful, she comes correct. Her tangible "skills" are just as good as any other past female emcee (with maybe the exception of someone like Jean Grae or maybe an "on-fire" Lil Kim or Foxy Brown); her flow always complement her beats, and some argue her voice is annoying... to each their own.
    There really is nothing good about Nicki Minaj. You ever listen to her music? A majority of the verses don't make any sense. She's only popular because of her association with Lil Wayne. She could be the same artist and without him we wouldn't know her name. She has absolutely no skill as an emcee or artist. Its just make-up on a doll being manufactured to spew the same ol' pop hop message of consuming and screwing.

Drake can be bearable, but the same applies to his as Nicki, but he will last longer than her before the next clones of them come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    There really is nothing good about Nicki Minaj. You ever listen to her music? A majority of the verses don't make any sense. She's only popular because of her association with Lil Wayne. She could be the same artist and without him we wouldn't know her name. She has absolutely no skill as an emcee or artist. Its just make-up on a doll being manufactured to spew the same ol' pop hop message of consuming and screwing.

Drake can be bearable, but the same applies to his as Nicki, but he will last longer than her before the next clones of them come out.
    Spoken like a true youngin' (may I ask your age?) who hasn't had a real opportunity to listen extensively to past female emcees (and yes, I've listened to Nicki's shit, much more than you have, I'm sure). You don't want to get into a rap discussion with me.

Did not read but

Drake is going to basically be a hip-hop legend by the end of his career. I know he has a lot of stuff on the radio but I really don't understand the hate for this guy. He was on top of the game a few years ago, both his studio albums have gone platnum (in this era), 3 legendary mixtapes, and if you actually listened to his albums you'd see he's an extremely talented and versitile artist who's content is on par with anyone in the game. I think its just cool to hate Drake these days, but the guy definitly has more fans than haters by far and people who don't follow trends know he's a great rapper.

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

Drake has better tracks in his albums than the ones that hit the radio. I just hope he doesn't start dissing, it'll go downhill from there.

He might be a crossover between R&B and Rap but I don't see how those two CAN'T go together. Shit, most of hip-hop's greatest songs sample R&B.
    Last edited by TheeBeast; 11-30-2012 at 03:29 AM.

Spoken like a true youngin' (may I ask your age?) who hasn't had a real opportunity to listen extensively to past female emcees (and yes, I've listened to Nicki's shit, much more than you have, I'm sure). You don't want to get into a rap discussion with me.
    25, please enlightened me on the amazing talent that is Nicki Minaj.

Nicki Minaj is unbearable. Those stupid ass voices she does, lame style in general, down the list.. terrible. She has some clever lines from time to time, but I'll never sift through all her "music" to discover them.

Drake..... like most rappers today he's nothing special, but much better than Nicki Minaj. I say Drake stays around longer.

Drake is one of my favorite artists so hopefully he sticks around a long time. I can do without Nicki. I watched her show on the E! Channel, and she has a really bad attitude. People like that don't last long. She does have a cult following so who knows.

Not airballing my layups anymore timlush's Avatar

maybe an "on-fire" Lil Kim
    Didn't Christopher Wallace make all her music?

i'm not a fan of drake but he does have some talent so i guess he'll stay around for some time, nicki on the other hand is downright terrible can't sing can't rap
    she will fall of pretty soon

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar