Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: after all, our trade ideas aren't that stupid and unrealistic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Nobody had the pieces that Memphis wanted for Gasol. Maybe the Hawks, but get that Bulls, Cavs or whatever junk out of here. The Grizz wanted cap space and to go young, and they got that from the Lakers. Throw the conspiracy theories out the window. It's ridiculous.

thing is, bulls could have signed PJ brown to one year contract as an expirer. plus they actually have some decent young talent to offer.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #17
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I've been thinking this for a while. I swear ISH comes up with much more reasonable trade scenarios than the ones that actually take place. And don't give me the "you think you really know more than a GM?" argument because trade clauses, future expectations and other factors are well discussed here.

I mean, you try to think of fair, decent trade scenarios assuming both sides want to win -or at least notice if they are getting raped before pulling the trigger-, and come up with realistic scenarios.

Then reality shows up with this kind of lopsided trades that just make no sense.

artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #18
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

If only running an NBA franchise was as easy as going to the ESPN trade machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I've been thinking this for a while. I swear ISH comes up with much more reasonable trade scenarios than the ones that actually take place. And don't give me the "you think you really know more than a GM?" argument because trade clauses, future expectations and other factors are well discussed here.

I mean, you try to think of fair, decent trade scenarios assuming both sides want to win -or at least notice if they are getting raped before pulling the trigger-, and come up with realistic scenarios.

Then reality shows up with this kind of lopsided trades that just make no sense.

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
If only running an NBA franchise was as easy as going to the ESPN trade machine...
I know some ridiculous trades are proposed here. But there are some -few, i admit- well discussed, realistic trades that seem, at least, more reasonable than some of this trades that take place.

That's when I think that either (1)There are many factors that we have no clue of (out of contractual situation, long term plans, team situation and many factors that are actually considered in the good trade proposal threads) or (2) Reality is a lot weirder and ridiculous than we think.

Probably a bit of both.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #20
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

I agree. There are some really solid trades proposed on here. However, they are far outweighed by the amount of ridiculous proposals that get posted on a daily basis.

We look at an NBA franchise as "X player makes Y dollars and isn't producing, trade him!", but from the team's standpoint, it's probably way more incredibly complex than that. That's why it is easy to be an "Armchair GM"...all we do is plug names into the ESPN Trade Machine, it comes back OK, and we say DO IT!

I mean heck, we all called Kupcake and Ainge the worst GMs ever, yet the pulled off miracles for their franchises.

It's crazy, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I know some ridiculous trades are proposed here. But there are some -few, i admit- well discussed, realistic trades that seem, at least, more reasonable than some of this trades that take place.

That's when I think that either (1)There are many factors that we have no clue of (out of contractual situation, long term plans, team situation and many factors that are actually considered in the good trade proposal threads) or (2) Reality is a lot weirder and ridiculous than we think.

Probably a bit of both.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #21
The Ownage
Local High School Star

The Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Rafer Alston for Jason Kidd, you think NJ will except?
Not scrubby enough. I mean, Rafer Alston > Jerome James for example, they simply will feel outraged.
The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: