Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: Has a team ever tried as hard as Cleveland currently is to BUY a championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaniiiia
    Yeah, I was born in Cleveland, re-located to OKC in 07 right before they got a team.

I consider myself a Cavs fan first but an OKC fan a close second. (mainly because I've been to so many games and have been here from the beginning, saw them go from worst team in the league to perennial championship contender right in front of my eyes, up close and personal)

But I feel you though, I'm actually advocating you here. I hate seeing smart guys get sucked into the vortex of nonsense that, as you touched on, regularly inhabits this board.

I now see I was initially wrong in calling you out. I now understand by that you posting legitimate opinions with no agenda driven trolling, it might actually spark others to follow suit. So I apologize.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Has a team ever tried as hard as Cleveland currently is to BUY a championship?

Quote Originally Posted by alanLA92
    I think you mean the 2013-2014 Nets when they traded for KG and Pierce.
    Yeah, I noted that a few posts down.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

This truly is one of the most stacked teams in NBA history, but I can't see how anyone is against this kind of stuff.

Could you imagine the Cavs and Spurs playing in the finals? It would be epic all time great stuff....along with Cavs vs Thunder, Cavs vs Warriors...etc.

I mean...can you blame the Cavs? They supposed to not go all in to try to win a championship they don't have or something?

I love it...I just wish one of the elite West teams one in the East so it was at least slightly balanced.

At this point I really think the Cavs would cruise to the Finals even if Lebron was like 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    This truly is one of the most stacked teams in NBA history, but I can't see how anyone is against this kind of stuff.

Could you imagine the Cavs and Spurs playing in the finals? It would be epic all time great stuff....along with Cavs vs Thunder, Cavs vs Warriors...etc.

I mean...can you blame the Cavs? They supposed to not go all in to try to win a championship they don't have or something?

I love it...I just wish one of the elite West teams one in the East so it was at least slightly balanced.

At this point I really think the Cavs would cruise to the Finals even if Lebron was like 50%.
    Do you ever stop with the hyperbole? They have 3 really good players and a few decent role players. Do you know how many teams in NBA history have had that?
    I'm sorry, but no team that has to play Delly for major minutes can be considered "stacked"

Banned

Answer me this

The Cavs only had 1 all star starter and 1 all star reserve last year

This is in the Weak East. Where the Hawks get 4 all-stars

In a weak East where some teams get 4-5 all stars each, and players like Al Horford and Paul Milsap are allstars

Is it stacked to be a team with 1 all star starter and 1 all star reserve??

Answer this

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Thesmallmamba
    Answer me this

In a weak East where some teams get 4-5 all stars each, and players like Al Horford and Paul Milsap are allstars

Answer this
    Your starting to sound like 3ball.

Kyle Korver was one of those "allstars" for the Hawks last season. Kevin Love has already made 3, but didn't last year because of his reduced role/stats.

So according to your logic Korver > Love, right....? 'Cause, you know, "allstar selections, brah".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Your starting to sound like 3ball.

Kyle Korver was one of those "allstars" for the Hawks last season. Kevin Love has already made 3, but didn't last year because of his reduced role/stats.

So according to your logic Korver > Love, right....? 'Cause, you know, "allstar selections, brah".

Whats the difference between them? They are both spot up shooters ie similar players

The difference is Kyle Korver scored 3 times as many points as Kevin Love did last playoffs

Are these jokers kidding?

LeBron in the finals has gotten to all time boring levels, last finals with his slow ball and ugly game was just horrid to watch.
    Yeah sure, they were missing a couple of pieces, but as long as LeBron is there, its not going to be fun.

Good college starter

Whats the difference between them? They are both spot up shooters ie similar players

The difference is Kyle Korver scored 3 times as many points as Kevin Love did last playoffs
    Kyle Korver's lone All-Star Season:

12 PPG, 4 REBs, 3 Assists on 49% FG and 49% from 3.

Kevin Love's 3 All-Star Seasons:

20 PPG, 15 REBs, 3 Assists on 47% FG and 42% from 3

26 PPG, 13 REBs, on 45% FG

26 PPG 13 REBs, on on 46% FG.

And Kevin Love put his numbers up as the #1 Player on the Team,*while Korver was the #4 player on the team.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The 2012-13 Nets actually had a higher payroll.
    This was actually really funny to watch because it failed miserably

This city is trying to break the no championship tag.

They are doing the right thing. You throw everything at it and if it fails, you won't die wondering.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Every team is trying to buy a championship. Some are just better at it than others.
    Quoted for truth.

They have LBJ now. No time left to try to 'grow' something while LBJ's talents begin to fade.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Do you ever stop with the hyperbole? They have 3 really good players and a few decent role players. Do you know how many teams in NBA history have had that?
    I'm sorry, but no team that has to play Delly for major minutes can be considered "stacked"
    It's always about in relation to who they are playing. They are playing in one of the weaker conferences, on paper, in recent memory.

And it's not just about the top 3....they have an extremely deep team now. It's not just a few decent role players...LOL

So they aren't stacked? That is your conclusion and you are accusing me of hyperbole? Like really?

You are arguing that they can't be considered stacked...okay...

Answer me this

Answer this

I told you I'm not going to debate conference strength with you. It's just a fact. The West is factually far stronger on paper coming into this year. Just deal with that...please.

Banned

I told you I'm not going to debate conference strength with you. It's just a fact. The West is factually far stronger on paper coming into this year. Just deal with that...please.
    Exactly, so Cavs only have 1 All star starter and 1 all star reserve in the Weak East,

where Paul Milsap and Al Horford are all stars

Isnt it pretty weak how the Cavs can only muster 1 all star and 1 all star reserve in the Weak East?

How are they stacked?