Default John Wall takes over OT, Scores 10 straight points in emotional win

Link

Playing the Celtics for the second night in a row, Wall had a heavy heart due to the death of his 5 year old friend Miyah due to cancer. The game goes into overtime due to a last second 3 by the Celtics, and ends up going into double-overtime. With the Wizards down a few points late, Wall scores 10 straight, including 2 and-ones. Finishes the game with 26 points and 17 assists, then breaks down crying in the postgame interview.

Go to 6:25 for an epic layup. This game demonstrates the growth of Wall's game, as he is now able to get to the rim at will in crunch time (to a degree that he couldn't before)
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 10-23-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: John Wall takes over OT, Scores 10 straight points in emotional win

Remember seeing that post-game interview, Wall real for that

Beast on the court that game too

Wall had a 5 year old friend?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Wall had a 5 year old friend?
    She was a Leukemia patient that he had taken an interest in. He worked with her charity team, spent time with her and her family, would facetime her from the road. He even took her to meet Nicki Minaj. The other day he didn't attend the second game of a pre-season back to back (with Wittman's permission) so he could attend a charity event with her family.

She passed away in the morning before he played in the game I posted.

Dang, down 7 in 2OT. Who comes back from that?

Like Kemba, I remember that post-game interview. Wall was legit torn up over that little girl even while he was playing his ass off in the clutch. Big-time player right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    She was a Leukemia patient that he had taken an interest in. He worked with her charity team, spent time with her and her family, would facetime her from the road. He even took her to meet Nicki Minaj. The other day he didn't attend the second game of a pre-season back to back (with Wittman's permission) so he could attend a charity event with her family.

She passed away in the morning before he played in the game I posted.
    Ah, nice of him.