Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe's 2010 Game 7 REEVALUATED: Mamba Redemption

Last edited by EricForman; 09-03-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Kobe may not have had his best game in G7, but without a doubt, he was the best player in the series. And he didn't choke, it's not like he cost the Lakers the tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    Kobe may not have had his best game in G7, but without a doubt, he was the best player in the series. And he didn't choke, it's not like he cost the Lakers the tile.
    He almost did, he got lucky. But yeah he deserved FMVP no doubt. But Kobe stans need to admit he wasn't the best player in game 7.

Banned

Simply the best, the best.....

3-time NBA All-Star

@ Jacks3's meltdown here. Is Kobe your ****ing daddy or something? We get it. 5 RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for criticizing your father.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Well, I'm missing some details still (how many shots did he make for example) because people only focus on the game winner he hit. Sounds like he had a poor game though, but I'll give him credit for the game winner. And I was 6 when that happened and didn't watch. I did watch Kobe in game 7 2010 so I'm not basing this off stats...he played poorly period. He still deserved FMVP though.
    He went 15-35 from the field and 12-15 from the FT line to get his 45 points. Have you seen the 98 Finals game 6? Watch the game, ignore the boxscore, and look back at the reactions after the game. The opinions on Jordan's game 6 were completely different then Kobe's game 7. As you know, the common opinion of Kobe's game was that he didn't meet expectations and his teammates came up big for him. After Jordan's game, the common opinion was that he had a great game, played "Jordan-like" and had the perfect ending to his career, singlehandedly willed his team to victory as his teammates couldn't really do much (Pippen was playing injured and arguably shouldn't have even played, Rodman wasn't having a good series and was getting destroyed by Karl Malone, and the whole team in general was old with alot of mileage and it was clear that this was the last run). To put it in perspective on how much of a load he carried that game, he actually scored well over half of the Bulls' points.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    He went 15-35 from the field and 12-15 from the FT line to get his 45 points. Have you seen the 98 Finals game 6? Watch the game, ignore the boxscore, and look back at the reactions after the game. The opinions on Jordan's game 6 were completely different then Kobe's game 7. As you know, the common opinion of Kobe's game was that he didn't meet expectations and his teammates came up big for him. After Jordan's game, the common opinion was that he had a great game, played "Jordan-like" and had the perfect ending to his career, singlehandedly willed his team to victory as his teammates couldn't really do much (Pippen was playing injured and arguably shouldn't have even played, Rodman wasn't having a good series and was getting destroyed by Karl Malone, and the whole team in general was old with alot of mileage and it was clear that this was the last run). To put it in perspective on how much of a load he carried that game, he actually scored well over half of the Bulls' points.
    LOL I love how Kobe fans say "MJ missed 20 shots". He shot 43 %, which is a hell of a lot better than Kobe's 25%. Subpar for MJ, though. I should watch that game....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    according to RRR3
    Mike Jordan's geartest game was terrible because:
    he missed 20 shots ans had total of 1 rebound and 1 assist
    choke job, MJ only got 1 board, Kobe got 15

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    choke job, MJ only got 1 board, Kobe got 15
    Right. Jordan with arguably the most clutch minute of basketball especially given the stage and circumstance had a choke job.