Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Kobe's 2010 Game 7 REEVALUATED: Mamba Redemption

Yes he shot a low percentage but let us look at the big picture

He also was an SG that came up clutch and collected 15 boards in what is probably the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard of all time in a game 7. I've never seen Jordan for example come up so big with so many clutch rebounds.

Kobe didn't choke in game 7 he had 15 rebounds, how many SGs have had 15 boards in the game 7 of a finals, I don't think I've ever seen such great tenacity on the boards from a 2. It was one of the greatest rebounding performances in finals history, the reason Kobe missed so many shots was because he was busy scooping up all the boards at a Moses Malone rate and shutting down Ray Allen on defense.

Without Kobe's 15 boards I don't see how the Lakers could have won that game, Kobe does whatever it takes to win, when he needs to score he scores, when he needs to board he boards, and the results speak for themselves.

So the next time you say "Kobe had a shitty game 7 vs Boston" think and ask yourself how many shooting guards have you ever seen collect 15 rebounds in one game, LET ALONE IN A GAME 7 OF THE NBA FINALS

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Kobe's 2010 Game 7 REEVALUATED: Mamba Redemption

ok

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Collecting 15 rebounds doesn't make up for shooting 6-24.

You want your SG to primarily score, not to focus on rebounding.

Ultimately, though, this game doesn't even matter, because Kobe was having a good series before game 7, and definitely deserved Finals MVP.

Clippers ALL DAY

-Murat abi bayramın m

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Collecting 15 rebounds doesn't make up for shooting 6-24.

You want your SG to primarily score, not to focus on rebounding.

Ultimately, though, this game doesn't even matter, because Kobe was having a good series before game 7, and definitely deserved Finals MVP.
    Kobe did whatever he had to to get the win, his shot wasn't going in so instead he decided to put up the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard of all time.

Think about it people. 15 boards in a game 7 would be amazing for a center, small forward or power forward. Kobe did it as a perimeter based shooting guard including 11 amazing defensive rebounds

im a superhero

it was a terrible performance in game 7, where as the rest of his series was great. looking at it 100 times wont make it a great game 7.

Banned

15 boards

by an SG

the greatest rebounding performance by a shooting guard in the finals
    OF ALL TIME

please show me another guard who gets 15 boards in game 7s.

boy you are really fixated on the 15 boards aren't you.

and they won......doing whatever it takes to win....

stats are 4 Losers...winners go home and F@ck the prom queen.

Local High School Star

He did dominate the boards and whoever won the boards won the game

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

It wasn't a horrible game for Kobe. Although I laugh at the OP for repeating the 15 rebounds bit, like, 5 times in one paragraph, it is a sign that Kobe dug deep and contributed in other ways.

However, it wasn't a good game either. It's not just the shooting %, it was the fact he forced plenty of shots over double teams in the first half--whether he was doing the "I need to put up big numbers in a game 7 to look good" thing or he just thought he needed to score to win, I don't know--but it is inarguable he forced a lot of bad shots in the first half (there was one shot in particular where he was trapped in the baseline by two Celtics, so he shot a fadeaway that hit the side of the backboard).

Also, the 15 rebounds, although impressive, is inflated when you considered both teams shot so bad throughout the game.

It's too much to bash Kobe and say he completely stunked, because he didn't (that would be the 2004 Finals). But he didn't have a good game either.

Oh, and Ron Artest was the best player in the first half and Pau Gasol was the best in the second half.

Kobe fans who continue to hate on Gasol should be beaten because Gasol came through so much in the second half.

Anyway, bottom line: not a horrible choke job but far from a good game. It was a below average game for Kobe, but he deserves credit for helping the team in other ways.

LOL at the qualifier "most rebounds by a shooting guard in a game 7".

a little desperate, aren't you? I'm sure you can give Kobe a dozen more of these records by adding more qualifiers.

I'm sure Kobe holds some sort of "most points in a second round game 4 for a guard between 6'4 and 6'7 when playing against a team with two all stars wing players"

or how about "most assists for a shooting guard in a game 6 post-99 lockout in a double digit victory played in May with the other team trailing in the series"

f*cking trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    LOL at the qualifier "most rebounds by a shooting guard in a game 7".

a little desperate, aren't you? I'm sure you can give Kobe a dozen more of these records by adding more qualifiers.

I'm sure Kobe holds some sort of "most points in a second round game 4 for a guard between 6'4 and 6'7 when playing against a team with two all stars wing players"

or how about "most assists for a shooting guard in a game 6 post-99 lockout in a double digit victory played in May with the other team trailing in the series"

f*cking trolls...

Don't get Mad...just recognize game when it's in your face.....

Most rebounds Game 7 by a SG...Most points ever in a game by a SG..

soon to be most points all time by a SG......Most Finals....Most Games....

shoot we can be here all night.....just recognize.

next

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    It wasn't a horrible game for Kobe. Although I laugh at the OP for repeating the 15 rebounds bit, like, 5 times in one paragraph, it is a sign that Kobe dug deep and contributed in other ways.

However, it wasn't a good game either. It's not just the shooting %, it was the fact he forced plenty of shots over double teams in the first half--whether he was doing the "I need to put up big numbers in a game 7 to look good" thing or he just thought he needed to score to win, I don't know--but it is inarguable he forced a lot of bad shots in the first half (there was one shot in particular where he was trapped in the baseline by two Celtics, so he shot a fadeaway that hit the side of the backboard).

Also, the 15 rebounds, although impressive, is inflated when you considered both teams shot so bad throughout the game.

It's too much to bash Kobe and say he completely stunked, because he didn't (that would be the 2004 Finals). But he didn't have a good game either.

Oh, and Ron Artest was the best player in the first half and Pau Gasol was the best in the second half.

Kobe fans who continue to hate on Gasol should be beaten because Gasol came through so much in the second half.

Anyway, bottom line: not a horrible choke job but far from a good game. It was a below average game for Kobe, but he deserves credit for helping the team in other ways.
    Aside from one key bucket where he grabbed an offensive board and jammed it in, Pau wasn't any more exceptional than Kobe down the stretch. They both scored and grabbed boards to build up the lead once Fisher Hit the 3 with Artest contributing some key buckets as well. I'd hesitate to anoint a player of the second half. If anything I'd give it to Kobe simply because he controlled his impulses in the final stretch. He was frustratingly idiotic in the first half. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Don't get Mad...just recognize game when it's in your face.....

Most rebounds Game 7 by a SG...Most points ever in a game by a SG..

soon to be most points all time by a SG......Most Finals....Most Games....

shoot we can be here all night.....just recognize.

next
    Yes, even though I wrote post earlier defending Kobe against those who said his game 7 stunk, I'm "just mad".

Sorry, I evaluate games/players maturely. I'm not a Kobe hater who thinks he's trash but I'm not a stan like you. He's top 10 all time, but in the bottom 10. He hasn't been better than Lebron in a couple of years and his game 7 wasn't horrible but definitely wasn't good.

Those are facts. I know, I know, people who can analyze the game and not take extreme sides is rare here, and such an idea may be hard for you to grasp, but one day, you may understand it.