Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Someone claimed Billups...

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Would be an interesting addition and could pay dividends ala Sam Cassell a few years back.

Also, what are the restrictions if a team claims someone off waivers and wants to deal him?
    Not til July 1st, meaning never since Chauncey only has one year (not including a sign and trade I guess).

Great pick up by LAC, I couldn't be happier. I really didn't want Chauncey to go to Miami or LAL (Orlando I could've been okay with). If he bitches about this then he's the biggest phony in league history. Seriously, LAC looked like a playoff team without him... if "a player of this magnitude" is added to a playoff team, shouldn't they make the playoffs lol.

And Sterling will never waive him because it'll cost money lol. He's either gotta play there or forfeit his $14 million.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    you got a source/link for that info? thought it was 90 days..
    I was looking around for that info too.... I heard there were some restrictions on signing then quickly dealing them

NBA lottery pick

No more cp3 i guess?

Banned

Sounds like the clippers have given up on CP3 all together then?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    BTW, if anyone cares (and no one probably does but ill say it anyway) there is a massive fire like five houses away from me.
    Possibly a disgruntled and frustrated laker fans house. That just wants to end it all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    In order for them to do this, they have to either

1) Not match DJ offer sheet

2) Amnesty someone.. Mo williams or Kaman?
    I'd imagine they amnesty Williams, or potentially trade Kaman as well as amnesty Williams. Clippers are loaded for bear this season... loving it. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    In order for them to do this, they have to either

1) Not match DJ offer sheet

2) Amnesty someone.. Mo williams or Kaman?
    I'm sure the Clips have the cap space in order to do this. If not, then dealing Kaman away or even Mo Gotti for a tpe shouldn't be overly difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Not til July 1st, meaning never since Chauncey only has one year (not including a sign and trade I guess).

Great pick up by LAC, I couldn't be happier. I really didn't want Chauncey to go to Miami or LAL (Orlando I could've been okay with). If he bitches about this then he's the biggest phony in league history. Seriously, LAC looked like a playoff team without him... if "a player of this magnitude" is added to a playoff team, shouldn't they make the playoffs lol.

And Sterling will never waive him because it'll cost money lol. He's either gotta play there or forfeit his $14 million.
    Didn't know, thanks for the info

Clippers can still pick up CP3. They'd just need to amnesty Mo Williams, though that'd be kind of tragic since he wants to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Possibly a disgruntled and frustrated laker fans house. That just wants to end it all.
    lol you really thought about los angeles lakers fans after reading niko's post (who lives in NY)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Clippers can still pick up CP3. They'd just need to amnesty Mo Williams, though that'd be kind of tragic since he wants to be here.
    Or use him in the trade, though I can't see the Clippers going after CP3 as much now, but can see Olshey focus more on Dwight's services if possible.

I'm sure the Clips have the cap space in order to do this. If not, then dealing Kaman away or even Mo Gotti for a tpe shouldn't be overly difficult.
    I can't see team taking Mo for just cap space or a TPE. Maybe they worked out a trade to get under the cap slightly (like Foye for nothing? although that'd probably take incentive from another team)?

I can't imagine Sterling amnestying a guy, aka paying a guy not to play for him.

puzzling move. i dont really like it

Or use him in the trade, though I can't see the Clippers going after CP3 as much now, but can see Olshey focus more on Dwight's services if possible.
    I'm not sure if Billups can be traded... or if anyone claimed off of amnesty waivers would work, since we don't even know what his exact cap hit against us would be.

So confused + happy right now.

Magic Johnson

Hey Crossover, you told us Billups would sign with the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I can't see team taking Mo for just cap space or a TPE. Maybe they worked out a trade to get under the cap slightly (like Foye for nothing? although that'd probably take incentive from another team)?

I can't imagine Sterling amnestying a guy, aka paying a guy not to play for him.
    I also hope it isn't the case with Mo being dealt away but can see it happening. With Warren, Leslie, Bledsoe, Mo, Billups, Gordon, Foye, the Clippers have a ton of guards and its going to be a tough call here, but Foye does seem like the odd man out, though I liked him on the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    I'm not sure if Billups can be traded... or if anyone claimed off of amnesty waivers would work, since we don't even know what his exact cap hit against us would be.

So confused + happy right now.
    I meant Mo being used in the trade, not Big Shot.