Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official Jim Buss Thread: Jimmy will QUIT if team doesn't compete in 3-4 years

I've heard the Byron Scott things too. I'm not sure how I feel about it exactly. I'm not necessarily opposed to it. He's actually done some good things. He's better than the last two hires. I'm not sure that it's quite enough though.

Default Re: Laker News: Jimmy will QUIT if team doesn't compete in 3-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Thank you sir!

Well here is his chance....He's got the chance to hire a good coach. Everyone is talking about Byron Scott but I don't like that hire. Whats your take on that?
    Jimmy will probably hire another guy named Mike......Dunleavy, Woodson.
    He has no clue, none whatsoever. Jimmy thinks any idiot could coach just like he thinks any idiot can be a scout.......and this whole entire thing has been about him trying to prove his point, NOT trying to do the right smart things to win.
    He is not capable of doing the right thing, he has almost as little basketball intelligence as Sterling.....don't expect brilliance unless he let's Jeanie run the team.

I wish he would just sell the team to Magic

Ooops, I forgot to discuss Byron Scott.......not in my top 5 of available coaches. I would only give him a 50-50 chance of being successful and honestly can't see him winning a title. YES he would be an improvement but not as much as we need.
    Last edited by DKLaker; 05-01-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Home of the 16

Welcome back Lakerfreak!

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Thank you sir!

Well here is his chance....He's got the chance to hire a good coach. Everyone is talking about Byron Scott but I don't like that hire. Whats your take on that?
    Who is your ideal coach? Excluding Phil Jackson now anyway haha

Home of the 16

Dreaming: Greg Pop
    Realistically: Jeff Van Gundy

I've always liked JVG growing up. Seeing him coach the Knicks & the Rockets. I really would love & appreciate it if he won a ring before he officially retires. He can't be too bad, he's Jeff Van Gundy. I'm pretty sure he'll get it together.

Based on reviews, I wouldn't mind if they hire Lionel Hollins either.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Dreaming: Greg Pop
    Realistically: Jeff Van Gundy

I've always liked JVG growing up. Seeing him coach the Knicks & the Rockets. I really would love & appreciate it if he won a ring before he officially retires. He can't be too bad, he's Jeff Van Gundy. I'm pretty sure he'll get it together.

Based on reviews, I wouldn't mind if they hire Lionel Hollins either.
    I'd probably agree with that, albeit my dream has always been and will continue to be Sloan because I'm such a fan of his coaching and the only thing he has missing on his resume that makes people question how great of a coach he was is a championship ring and I want to see him get that so he can finally by consensus take his place where he deserves among the greatest coaches of all time (aware he doesn't have a ring doesn't bother me to say with or without one I consider Sloan to be one of the greatest coaches of all time even though I don't exactly have a list). I would love Lionel Hollins because of his discipline almost an authoritarian/disciplinarian dictator haha I think any draftee if they had problems (like Randolph) they would certainly sharpen up in all likelihood with him coaching he could be considered a bit of a boring coach but he's an old school coach so I'd like him, I think JVG is all but done with coaching albeit he'd probably be getting tired of commentating by now I hope, he's a good coach and I think it's almost wasting to have such coaching talents commentating but I think the window or door for him to return (if he even wants to) is closing I mean once you stop coaching for what is getting closer to a decade each year there is a point in my opinion where you just don't want to go back and also you may not be able to re-adjust when you do I think he's more just in the no wanting to come back camp at this rate, but who knows if the Lakers offer him a good deal with the biggest team in the NBA and say we are giving you the power to reshape the team and rebuild here's the keys now drive I think he'd at the very least be tempted.

Default Re: ☆Official Jim Buss Thread: Jimmy will QUIT if team doesn't compete in 3-4 years

Lakers reportedly talking to Tom T. from the bulls and Kevin Ollie from UConn.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...tucky-wildcats

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Who is your ideal coach? Excluding Phil Jackson now anyway haha
    I really like the idea of Lionel Hollins still. He took an underrated memphis team and had turned them into a "dark horse" contender for the championship.

NBA lottery pick

Lakers reportedly talking to Tom T. from the bulls and Kevin Ollie from UConn.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...tucky-wildcats
    Bulls said Thibedeaux is under contract and there's no way they'll let him talk to the Lakers.

I really like the idea of Lionel Hollins still. He took an underrated memphis team and had turned them into a "dark horse" contender for the championship.
    I'm on board with this too

Totally agreed, he is one of my preferred choices he's the top person I'd like partly because I think his discipline especially could help put in some continuity and discipline for whoever the draft pick is and a guy who does value defense, but I also wouldn't be unhappy with JVG, I'd love Thibodeau if he was going to leave Chicago he can tend to ride stars too much on minutes sometimes but overall as a coach I think he's very good/I like the Lakers at least trying to tempt him, if they get Melo I think he definitely stays with the Bulls but he's always had a strained relationship even when they were going well there were rumours of the Bulls still considering sacking him he's always seemed to have difficulties with the owners/front office of the Bulls so maybe he'd like a fresh rebuild who knows but I'd certainly welcome a coach like him with open arms

Home of the 16

Will anyone help me with the "Jimmy Buss transactions/movement since day 1" or whatever the hell you call it?

Hired Mike Brown
    Signed Steve Nash
    Signed Dwight
    Fired Mike Brown
    Hired Mike D'Antoni (Best move ever)

Didn't he also fire some of Dr. Buss's long time staff? Help me, please.

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

I have also questioned a lot of Jim Buss's moves.....

Giving KB $24 mil per was way too much... He doesn't need the money
    and taking a bit less would help the team immensely....

Not listening to Jeannie and giving PJax a major role with the team
    was another big mistake.....

But now that the Kevin Love sweepstakes are on, not having any
    players on the roster to include in a trade is another huge mistake.

I think he's gone in a few years...

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

lakers will contend soon, we always do. hopefully in less than 3 years. 2016!

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

David Stern screwed the franchise for potentially the decade. And he deprived basketball fans of the greatest back court in NBA history. But Jim Buss screwed up by not re hiring Phil. Maybe he should cash in on his fathers legacy while he still can. I think Byron Scott is a solid choice. He wont ask Kobe to carry the burden of doing everything at this stage of his career. But at this point, with how crazy the West is, I think any coach is going to have a tough time with the Lakers.