Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Exclamation Re: Dave Joerger Close to Being Fired

Nah, this just proves that advanced statistics do nothing to better a teams fundamentals and how to play NBA basketball. Not only should the coach and the idiot Hollinger get fired, but those frauds at realgm should pack it up and go home, and shut down the website. It's over REALGM, you lost, now throw your fraudulent and terrible analyses of present and past and eat shit.

Default Re: Dave Joerger Close to Being Fired

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkJaWs
    Nah, this just proves that advanced statistics do nothing to better a teams fundamentals and how to play NBA basketball. Not only should the coach and the idiot Hollinger get fired, but those frauds at realgm should pack it up and go home, and shut down the website. It's over REALGM, you lost, now throw your fraudulent and terrible analyses of present and past and eat shit.
    how does that prove it when san Antonio started the whole thing and is basically just doing it better than most?

unless you're ignorant of this and think Memphis is the only one using stat analysis in their FO?

fun fact: San Antonio was one of the first to utilize stats. Memphis was a late comer.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkJaWs
    I am not a huge advance statistics guy, but Memphis failure has nothing to do with it.

In fact they are the anti-advance statistic team. Poor spacing, lack of 3-pointers, relying on mid-range/post play etc.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You mean one guy who can shoot at an elite level.

Because they have some solid shooters (Conley, Lee, Chalmers if his 3PT shot returns).
    Uh yeah, that's why I said a shooter.

None of the 3 you listed are real knock down threats, just passable. Plus, they're all small and can't play together. They need a wing who can shoot 40% that people can't leave open.

Dumping it in the post with no deadly shooters won't punish anyone with a declining ZBo and underperforming Marc.
    Last edited by ProfessorMurder; 12-14-2015 at 03:38 PM.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

This dude can coach.

That team is finished.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    how does that prove it when san Antonio started the whole thing and is basically just doing it better than most?

unless you're ignorant of this and think Memphis is the only one using stat analysis in their FO?

fun fact: San Antonio was one of the first to utilize stats. Memphis was a late comer.
    Mavs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Uh yeah, that's why I said a shooter.

None of the 3 you listed are real knock down threats, just passable. Plus, they're all small and can't play together. They need a wing who can shoot 40% that people can't leave open.

Dumping it in the post with no deadly shooters won't punish anyone with a declining ZBo and underperforming Marc.
    I don't think it's a simple as getting a 3&d player and pluggin him into the lineup.

I think its the system we put. Lee and Conley can certainly hoist up 3's if on another team. They also had those years with Miller and Carter, both coming off years where their role was just to shoot the 3 (Heat, Mavs). For some reason when they put on the blue the 3PTA's come down.

Tony Allen being on the floor really hurts, as it just makes it easier marking one shooter instead of two. Also nobody else outside of Conley can run the offense, making it very predictable.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

when zbo got suspened 1 gm in the playoffs, and the team started leur against the thunder, they actually looked like a good, up to date, NBA team. So im with the majority of not placing all the blame on coaching. more so the personnel they gave him.

IIRC only four teams don't embrace the metric movement right now. All four of them suck (Nets and Lakers are two of them).

Decent college freshman

So if he's fired, are we gonna pencil him in as the next coach of the T-Wolves?

Joerger gets some blame, but this team is on the decline and the players know it. Z-Bo isn't a starter in today's league imo. Allen is unplayable except in super small lineups. They don't have an elite perimeter scorer. Guys like Conley and Gasol are 3rd options on real contenders imo. The offense stalls out too much. They already owe 2 first round picks to Boston and Denver, so rebuilding may be tough and ugly.

Decent playground baller

And San Antonio will be the first to admit this: it only tells them what they already know, and they have to know which data to use or not use, meaning it only helps them confirm whatever their biases happen to be.

Houston also uses it and yet are u fools gonna tell me they are an anti-stat team? Talk about no credibility, when someone proclaims they are anti stat with gm's like Daryl morey or John Hollinger lmfao

It was a good run for the Grizzlies but they couldnt get over the hump.

Sweet. If true, Dave Joerger and Conley to the Lakers confirmed

Banned

Let's blame Tony Parker for everything bad that has happened to the Spurs!

Serious playground baller

Problem is they never adjusted thery'e playing style once O.J. Mayo and Rudy Gay left. News flash memphis those guys aren't on you team.