Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

Default Re: NBA TV: Clutch stats of Kobe, Wade, and Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    uhhhhh. i've repeatedly said that in a must shoot situation. which is what 10 seconds or less usually is....i'd much rather have kobe than lebron or wade.

with 24 seconds or less left? i'd rather have lebron than kobe. but kobe over wade.

lebron actually passes. or at least he used to. now Lebron plays those like Kobe. completely wrong and inefficient and they both miss around 70% of the time and both of their teams have average offenses in game winning situations.

these numbers just prove my points even more. as usual.
    gtfoh Kobe passes to, watch game 3 vs jazz last year, at least two Memphis games to ron artest in the corner, the triple OT game he passed twice,

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bl2k8
    gtfoh Kobe passes to, watch game 3 vs jazz last year, at least two Memphis games to ron artest in the corner, the triple OT game he passed twice,
    i'm making a blanket statement that is overall accurate. of course kobe passes at times. however, he does not pass nearly as much as other players late in games.

its just a fact.

You can easily put out different stats and say one player is better.
    For example, did you know that Derek Fisher shot a higher percentage in the last 24 seconds of a game than LeBron James?
    Derek Fisher > LeBron

See how easy it is?

Dunking on everybody in the park bl2k8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
    You can easily put out different stats and say one player is better.
    For example, did you know that Derek Fisher shot a higher percentage in the last 24 seconds of a game than LeBron James?
    Derek Fisher > LeBron

See how easy it is?
    I would argue Fisher is much more dependable in the clutch than bron, not as an overall player obviously

But give me Kobe anyday.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bl2k8
    I would argue Fisher is much more dependable in the clutch than bron, not as an overall player obviously
    this.

this is about being clutch. not who the better player is.

still not sure why this always evolves into kobe vs dirk or lebron vs player x....as better players.

we all know kobe is a better player than dirk.

this thread is not about that. its about performances in game winning situations. its about performance with the game on the line.

if i had to choose between fisher and lebron to take a huge shot? ****, i'm taking fisher every single time.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Kind of bizarre, right? I've watched just about every close Laker game the past 10 seasons, and don't remember him choking on the line like that. Interesting stuff nevertheless. What's really surprising is Dirk's conversion % down the stretch; unbelievable.
    3 of those misses were in the game against the Blazers at the end of last season where he just simply could not make a free throw, very unprecedented of him. And the other miss was the season opener vs the Rockets in 07-08 where he had to purposely miss his 2nd free throw because the Lakers were down 2 with less than 2 seconds remaining with no timeouts.

But regardless of stats I'm taking Kobe in the clutch, then Melo, then Dirk.