Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How long till Curry passes Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    He's not gonna' get anywhere near Kobe any time soon unless he accomplishes all of the following:

1) Wins 2 Finals MVPs

2) Becomes an elite/all-time shut down defender

3) Has multiple signature/iconic moments (81 Points, Alley-oop to Shaq, Game Winner vs Suns, Takeover vs Pacers, 40 Point Streak)

4) Singlehandedly carries a sh*t supporting cast to a playoff birth in the brutal West.

5) Is the best/most iconic player of an an entire era/decade. (2000s)

6) Is the WinShares leader on a championship team that goes a historic 15-1 in the playoffs

7) Threepeats and Repeats again

8) Wins AT LEAST 5 championships while only losing twice in the Finals.

9) Plays for 20+ seasons.

10) Becomes one of the Top 5 Players of All Time

11) Climbs into the Top 3 in Points All Time

12) Wins multiple championships with only 1 other All-star teammate on the roster
    Put your helmet back on, mouthbreather

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Kevin Durant: “Of course. He’s the greatest of all time. His skill is second to none. Him and [Michael Jordan] are neck and neck as far as skill. You can put in athleticism and be the best passer and strongest and quickest. But it’s about skill. I think that’s how his game is played. That’s why Kobe is the top two best ever in just having skill, footwork, shooting the three, shooting the pull up, posting up, dunking on guys and ball handling. It’s flat out skill. Him and Jordan are 1 and 1A. They’re neck and neck as far as the skills are concerned.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...213142314.html

Dwyane Wade: “When you look back at this era there’s going to be a lot of players that you can pick from,” said Wade “You can talk about their greatness. This is a good era for basketball, and it would be led by Kobe Bryant – who was the greatest player in our era.
    http://www.sportscity.com/miami-heat...ra/2013/02/15/

Charles Barkley: "Remember last week that I said that Kobe Bryant was one of the 10 Greatest NBA Players ever? I want to change that. He's one of the 5 Greatest ever."
    https://youtu.be/AyhX2YMgNvs

Shaquille O'Neal: "I don't see how he does it," O'Neal said. "He's a fabulous player, probably the best player that ever played the game, especially with all the stuff he's been going through. And it was a fabulous night for him, a memorable night."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240511013

Dr. J: Dr J says if he had to pick between LeBron and Kobe he picks ... Bryant. Says Kobe 1 of top 5 players of all time.
    https://twitter.com/APgelston/status/342459966164180993

Dirk Nowitzki: “He’s probably the greatest player in my generation that I played against,” said Nowitzki, who has 27,239 career points and will likely pass Elvin Hayes and Moses Malone over the next few weeks to move up to seventh on the list. “Obviously Shaq was very dominant, Tim Duncan was great, but I just loved watching Kobe. I don’t think there will ever be another MJ, but he’s definitely as close as it gets that we’ll ever see."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...-my-generation

Carlos Boozer: "Kobe Bryant is probably one of the top, I would say, 10 players ever to play the game. If you look at his pure talent and his ability and his capability, he may be a Top 5 Player ever to play the game."
    https://youtu.be/uAdoUOq8WDE?t=41

Mark Jackson: Well, when you talk about Kobe Bryant... I never thought I would say it, playing against Michael Jordan for so long. But Kobe Bryant, at the end of the day, will go down as the Greatest Basketball Player that has ever lived."
    https://youtu.be/RVEk7V7sqyA

Magic Johnson: “I hope that (Kobe) is healthy so he can lead our Lakers back,” said Johnson. “He’s on my Mount Rushmore. He is unreal. Think about his mindset and attitude and how he can just do it night in and night out. That’s one thing great about Kobe. I love him.”
    http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/20...ise-of-bryant/

Derek Fisher: Kobe, if it wasn't for Shaquille, could definitely have been in the MVP run. The finals, I think, proved that he'll go down in history as one of the Top 2, 3, 4, 5 players to ever play this game."
    https://youtu.be/_uUNN7wxGkU?t=1994

he needs 4 more second fiddle rings

Excuse me for not taking quotes claiming Kobe is as good/even BETTER than Jordan was seriously. You really think Shaq believes Kobe was a better player than he was? And at Fisher's explanation, considering Kobe has the worst Finals stats of anybody in the top 10

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    These quotes don't mean that much.

Magic and Barkley are known flip-floppers and known to say outrageous things. Shaq is a known idiot and he also called Wade the GOAT.

at the quotes that say he's better than Jordan or at his level.
    Maaaaaaan..

Shaq was generous as shit with the Kobe quotes.

Called him the best in the league during the 2001 playoffs, and then the best ever during the 2004 playoffs

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Maaaaaaan..

Shaq was generous as shit with the Kobe quotes.

Called him the best in the league during the 2001 playoffs, and then the best ever during the 2004 playoffs
    Shaq's top 5 is only 20-30 players at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    He's not gonna' get anywhere near Kobe any time soon unless he accomplishes all of the following:

1) Wins 2 Finals MVPs

2) Becomes an elite/all-time shut down defender

3) Has multiple signature/iconic moments (81 Points, Alley-oop to Shaq, Game Winner vs Suns, Takeover vs Pacers, 40 Point Streak)

4) Singlehandedly carries a sh*t supporting cast to a playoff birth in the brutal West.

5) Is the best/most iconic player of an an entire era/decade. (2000s)

6) Is the WinShares leader on a championship team that goes a historic 15-1 in the playoffs

7) Threepeats and Repeats again

8) Wins AT LEAST 5 championships while only losing twice in the Finals.

9) Plays for 20+ seasons.

10) Becomes one of the Top 5 Players of All Time

11) Climbs into the Top 3 in Points All Time

12) Wins multiple championships with only 1 other All-star teammate on the roster
    Damn son shut it down. Curry will be likely to have even half of Kobe accomplishments before he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    Shaq's top 5 is only 20-30 players at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Damn son shut it down. Curry will be likely to have even half of Kobe accomplishments before he retires.
    You think that was a shut down? That shit was full of fabricated myths and exaggerations ('brutal West'.. in 2006? Lmao nah son)

Curry already better than any version of Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Curry already better than any version of Kobe

You need an intervention bud. Because you must be strung out on drugs.

Curry has to at least string together a career now after an early start riddled by injuries.

He's won an MVP now and a championship which is great but let's see where they go this season because every championship gets harder when people are gunning for you. So far he's looked brilliant this season.

Banned

A guy drops 53 and now hes better than a huy who dropped 55 in 2 quarters

Dunking on everybody in the park

Curry won't have enough Longevity to pass Kobe imo. I think his ceiling is like top 18 or so.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    Curry won't have enough Longevity to pass Kobe imo. I think his ceiling is like top 18 or so.
    point guard with range tend to age really well. I doubt longevity is going to be an issue unless the ankle injuries come up again.