Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Video PROOF Bron is overrated as f*ck

I imagine the highlight videos of LeBron once he's retired. Endless images of wide-open transition dunks and drive-and-kick assists.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I imagine the highlight videos of LeBron once he's retired. Endless images of wide-open transition dunks and drive-and-kick assists.
    This will probably be in there somewhere as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIZq...g&spfreload=10

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Every coach has a different offense, prefers to play at a different pace. Alot of what your saying is subjective and there's no right or wrong. Just different Clock management differs for everybody. LeBron because of a combination of his willing to pass, basketball IQ, lack of talent among teammates developed "LeBron ball" early in his career. He had alot of success with it so it tends to get used quite frequently.

I watched a few minutes of the video and there's a play where you type why doesn't he finish at the rim!?! he has Steph Curry or whatever on him. That's a designed play. A pretty popular one. Penetrate the lane, kick it to the corner, swing the ball and get an open look. K.Love got an amazing look from 3 because of LeBron's penetration and willingness to pass. Argue that the 3 ball is destroying the game, or you prefer play in than paint but saying that play was a mistake? that's a pretty simple play to read. Your wanting him to do things that he's never asked to do. He'll never move great without the ball because coaches, teammates etc. will always want the ball in his hands. He waits long in the post for his guys to move, someone to cut, or for him to eventually attack. When he catches the ball in the post it isn't an automatic go out and score situation. You have to factor in getting players into rhythm, spreading the ball around etc. LeBron is basically a coach on the floor with a gameplan. He's kinda like what Phil Jackson was to Kobe/Jordan. Like all coaches he deff makes mistakes. His biggest one occasionally being a mental midget. I think guys like Lue help because they take some of the control back from LeBron. Same with Irving taking over.

More than 1 or 2 right ways to play basketball. There's multiple ways to do things that changes depending on your personnel and opponent. For Cleveland vs GS you could tell they were afraid of GS's explosive offensive and how they can catch fire. LeBron/Irving at times were just grinding them down and played slow.
    I actually agree with everything you posted (no lie).

While I was editing some of these I thought some of the same at times.

Was that part of a designed play?
    Was it Bron's job to stand there?

But c'mon... Even considering some of those factors it's plain as day that the vast majority of what I pointed out was Bron simply lacking footwork, off the ball movement capabilities, aggressiveness, bad post up, bad clock management, etc.

Im not perfect so Im sure a few of the annotations were wrong, but one is being too easy on him and defending him for the sake of defending him for the bulk of what I criticized him for.

Hell there are some instances that one can argue "Why didn't he point that out" but I thought maybe it was by design.

Anyway, thanks for watching and your input, it's respectable but still sounds like an excuse for his weaknesses.

I usually hit open layups

Terrible topic, first few lines proved OP has no idea what he's talking about, just the next blind hater

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I actually agree with everything you posted (no lie).

While I was editing some of these I thought some of the same at times.

Was that part of a designed play?
    Was it Bron's job to stand there?

But c'mon... Even considering some of those factors it's plain as day that the vast majority of what I pointed out was Bron simply lacking footwork, off the ball movement capabilities, aggressiveness, bad post up, bad clock management, etc.

Im not perfect so Im sure a few of the annotations were wrong, but one is being too easy on him and defending him for the sake of defending him for the bulk of what I criticized him for.

Hell there are some instances that one can argue "Why didn't he point that out" but I thought maybe it was by design.

Anyway, thanks for watching and your input, it's respectable but still sounds like an excuse for his weaknesses.
    You've basically been pointing out 5 of his "faults".

1. Footwork - Yeah, it's no secret that LeBron has bad footwork, but he has improved massively (not saying that he has very good footwork). His footwork is is almost never a liability for him.

2. Off-Ball - True again. He was terrible in '11, and again, he has improved since. Part of it has to do with him never actually playing with a good PG or with a good coach, who coached a proper offense.

3. Aggressiveness -

4. Postup - Since '12, LeBron has been putting up elite post scoring numbers. You might want to look that up.

5. Bad Clock Management -

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    I did and when I initially said I stopped at the two minute mark, I was actually wrong. I closed the tab after the play that, NuggetsFan above me, is talking about. That's a fairly standard and basic basketball play. I understand though. You tried to pull a Coach Nick and failed worse than he usually does.

If you're wondering why LeBron doesn't score like MJ, pass like Magic, have footwork like Hakeem, play off-ball like Miller, rebound like Wilt, defend like Russell, etc., literally no one in the history of the sport could.
    Nobody is asking him to be exactly like them.

But there are a number of instances in which one is left scratching their heads.

Me cursing on the annotations wasn't done for shits and giggles, I sat there screaming at the screen (in my head... And a few times out loud), just as I do in real life.

I mean, CUT!! CUT TO THE GOD DAMN BASKET!!!

My lord, he always stands in the perimeter. YES I understand that at times the plays call for him to clear out. But when you're man is f(skin trapped by 3 people you chose to stand there?

F*ck a play, you have a 6 foot tall 180 pound defender IN THE POST... SHOOT OVER HIM!!! I highly doubt any coach would have a fit if he shot in that instance instead of throwing a cross court pass to a 3pt shooter.

And who can with a straight face argue why he doesn't finish strong? Is the play not intended for him to drive and go strong?

I understand some plays are drive and kicks, but the 'drive' is usually the first option, the 'kick' is usually the second, why go up so soft and not attempt to draw a foul on a defender that is in every way inferior? There was a number of times in which he was at the f*ckin rim and he didn't even attempt, he simply kicked it out immediately. If that was Delly driving and not attempting to go hard while at the rim people would be asking for his head for being soft and not trying to finish. The greatest finisher of all time and you got him passing to a 3pt shooter when you have Curry on you?

Even Mark Jackson was calling him out for being soft, even though he was attacking the previous game.

i seriously question whether or not OP understands what help defense is

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    You've basically been pointing out 5 of his "faults".

1. Footwork - Yeah, it's no secret that LeBron has bad footwork, but he has improved massively (not saying that he has very good footwork). His footwork is is almost never a liability for him.

2. Off-Ball - True again. He was terrible in '11, and again, he has improved since. Part of it has to do with him never actually playing with a good PG or with a good coach, who coached a proper offense.

3. Aggressiveness -

4. Postup - Since '12, LeBron has been putting up elite post scoring numbers. You might want to look that up.

5. Bad Clock Management -
    The bullshit excuses.

Did Kobe play with a great point guard?
    MJ?

Cut the bullshit excuse, if he was so great he wouldn't need a great point guard to set him up. His off the ball movement would make it easy for any point guard to get him the ball. If he was so great at posting up a blind point guard would be able to feed him inside at any time.

The commentators were criticizing his lack of aggressiveness and shot clock management as well, I left it on the video. And it hasn't been the first or 2nd or 3rd time I've heard that mentioned about him.

Like I mentioned, I can make tons of more vids showing the same thing without even trying to look hard for it.

Make all the excuses you guys want, it doesn't change shit.

LMAO @ him not having a good point guard or post player...

why go up so soft and not attempt to draw a foul on a defender that is in every way inferior?
    Since NuggetsFan pretty much explained the rest, I omitted it.

#1 - LeBron is 6'8" and 250+.
    #2 - Curry is 6'3" and probably ~200.

What do you think the refs are going to call, if there's contact and Curry falls down, while LeBron is charging at the rim? Not to mention Festus and Green coming in to help out. From your video:

With LeBron driving in, Barnes, Festus, and Green are cheating off their assignments and Irving is WIDE open in the corner. You give Irving that shot 100/100 times.

In that clip, Green starts to recover quickly, but Love is still WIDE open.

Irving could've taken that shot, but Love was just on an island. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Love was on an island.

That was the perfect play in that scenario. Any coach would want him players to take a wide open shot over a contested one.

The bullshit excuses.

Did Kobe play with a great point guard?
    MJ?
    No, but Kobe was never the best player on a team until ~2004/2005. He HAD to adopt. LeBron was the best player on all his teams since day one.

MJ? Well, he's MJ.

The commentators were criticizing his lack of aggressiveness and shot clock management as well, I left it on the video. And it hasn't been the first or 2nd or 3rd time I've heard that mentioned about him.
    In a series in which most people are saying rivals MJ's Finals. In a G7, in which he score 6 straight to give the Cavs the lead and 10+ in the 4th.

Make all the excuses you guys want, it doesn't change shit.
    It sure won't. LeBron is a top 5 GOAT and you'll just have to deal with it.

LMAO @ him not having a good point guard or post player..
    Really can't help it if you do not understand basketball and basic basketball plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    i seriously question whether or not OP understands what help defense is
    Considering the fact that he doesn't understand simple basketball plays, I doubt he does.
    Last edited by aj1987; 08-02-2016 at 05:04 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I dare you to argue what I mentioned, because we all know Bron is slow at organizing an offense
    thats bron's game.. the reason he is such a stat god is because he basically is tasked with making every play or decision, and his combo of size, passing and handles are what allows him to do that. Problem is this turns most of his teammates into play finishers.. look at cleveland this year, it was basically iso kickout ball my turn, your turn between bron and kyrie.. and thats deadly so long as the other team is missing one thing.. Rim protection. W/o rim protection, Lebron just exploits the size differential. There's never been a more night and day player by adding one thing.. w/ rim protection, "eh", w/o it god mode. His style is infelxible, but given the right conditions unstoppable.

The great thing about MJ is he is unstoppable no matter the conditions. He has a counter for everything.

So many morons in here who don't have the facts. LeBron is one of the best off-ball players in the league... I have the facts to back it up too.

Welcome to the Im Still Ballin signature series. High quality content, delivered to you by the best poster. Leading the way in InsideHoops content creation and innovation.[/SIZE][/I]

PnR Roll Man
    3.6% Frequency
    1.35 Points Per Possession
    94.9th Percentile
    66.7% Score Frequency
    3% And1 Frequency
    13.6% Shooting Foul Frequency
    6.1% Turnover Frequency
    13.6% Free Throw Frequency
    70.9 eFG%
    69.1 FG%

Delly-Lebron high pick and roll just below the 3pt line, defense hedges, leaving Lebron open moving to the basket where he is able to use his elite passing ability to find Channing Frye for a high percentage corner three, as the defense rotates to cover the strongside Delly-Lebron action

Delly-Lebron high pick and roll at the top of the 3 point line, defense switches, allowing Lebron to call for the ball and isolate on the mismatch, as he drain a nice fallaway Jumper to end the half

Top of the key Delly-Lebron screen and roll, the roll man pushes up hard to cover Delly at the 3pt line, leaving an open rolling Lebron who lays it up for an easy 2

Delly-Lebron high pick and roll, defense hedges and promptly switches, leaving a rolling Lebron on a much smaller defender, able to use his strength to catch clean possession and throw the lob down

Delly Lebron high screen and roll, defense hedges, Delly threads the pass to a charging Lebron down the middle of the key, last line of defense big is caught having to respect Kevin Love in the corner, which causes the rotation and rim protection to be late

Double Kyrie-Lebron/Love screen and roll action top of the key, causing Kyrie's and Love's defenders to hedge, leaving Love open at the three, forcing Lebron's defender to rotate over, leaving a rolling Lebron to the rack for a jam

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Here's some Roll Man Lebron plays from his game today against Chicago

Delly-Lebron high pick and roll, defense hedges Delly middle, leaving open rolling LBJ who catches, performs a spin move on the drive as the last line of defense rotates to protect the rim, Lebron threads a bullet pass to K-Love in the corner for a high percentage open 3pt shot

Kyrie-Lebron high screen and roll, defense hedges Kyrie middle, leaving open rolling LBJ who catches, drives to the hoop where the defense has collapsed to protect the rim, swings a pass out to Love at the corner, who pump fakes, drives in and dunks the ball. You can see the utter chaos and wreck that a rolling Lebron does to defenses

Delly-Lebron baseline high screen and roll, man defender gets caught on Lebron screen, roll man defender doesn't push up, waits to contain Delly drive, defensive switch occurs in this possession, Lebron is open on the roll for an easy jam to the hoop as the switched defender is behind and too slow to stop the drive. Poor defensive rotations by Hawks to protect the rim (Or lack thereof)

Lebron does a hand off to Delly from the middle going sideline, then Lebron sets a ball screen for Delly going back middle, the ball defender gets caught in a quality pick, and the roll man defender switches over to contain the Delly drive, who lobs the ball up for a rolling Lebron, who makes a bullet one hand pass to an open Love in the corner due to the weakside defense rotating over to cover the Lebron roll... Love drains the three... Perfect example of how Lebron still uses his dangerous passing and efficient scoring without having to shoot jump shots playing outside in as the ball handler all the time