Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers cured of cancer

Kobe definitely was horrible last year but let's not act like he didn't have a massively positive impact for the Lakers over his career. The man is a legendary player one of the best ever.

16 Time NBA Champions! LALakerFan4Life's Avatar

Lakers finally got rid of that cancer Byron Scott. Respect the hell outta him as a player but he sucks as a head coach.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    HUGE Kobe fan here, but must admit it's finally fun to watch team ball again instead of some washed up chucker shooting 20 times a night at 35% clip

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Why are American fans always that surprised at people using "we" to support their favorite teams? Is it that ususual for someone to feel a bond between him and a team, without him needing to be an active member of the team?
    Because you're not on the team. If that team wins, you had no effect on it, especially if you aren't physically in the arena.
    On top of that the guy he quoted supports like 5 different teams, so saying "we" makes no sense.

Aka Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Aka Kobe
    Kobe beef causes cancer?

You guys still have the biggest cancer in the league on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Because you're not on the team. If that team wins, you had no effect on it, especially if you aren't physically in the arena.
    On top of that the guy he quoted supports like 5 different teams, so saying "we" makes no sense.
    You realize that the NBA doesn't exist without fans, right? As paying consumers, we fund the sport and, more specifically, our favorite team. It makes absolute perfect sense to use "we" when talking about your team.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

so mad right now

You realize that the NBA doesn't exist without fans, right? As paying consumers, we fund the sport and, more specifically, our favorite team. It makes absolute perfect sense to use "we" when talking about your team.
    ^This. Since you want to be so cynical, if an NBA team literally loses all its supporters and all people that consciously fund it in one way or another, let it become a streetball team instead.
    It's not even just a monetary thing. Lots of fans spend huge parts of their valuable time and emotionally invest themselves in favor of...nothing more than companies. Yet, despite knowing this, you seriously expect everyone to deal with teams as if they are freakin' washing machine companies? Heck, in lots of European countries, you're considered either a "fair weather" fan or an opponent of the team if you don't use "we".

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    HUGE Kobe fan here, but must admit it's finally fun to watch team ball again instead of some washed up chucker shooting 20 times a night at 35% clip

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Listen her chinkchink I support the Warriors and Lakers only.
    1) I'm black.
    2) You support the Warriors, Lakers, Heat, and you said you're from NY and support the Knicks too. Bangwagoning bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Never said it didn't.
    But fans contribute little to nothing to a team's success. The Warriors could have empty arenas every night and still have the best chance in the league to win the championship. Likewise the Nets could have the best fans in the world and they'll still be shit.

If you don't receive a ring when they win (there may be very few exceptions), it's retarded to say "we".

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

1) I'm black.
    2) You support the Warriors, Lakers, Heat, and you said you're from NY and support the Knicks too. Bangwagoning bitch.

Never said it didn't.
    But fans contribute little to nothing to a team's success. The Warriors could have empty arenas every night and still have the best chance in the league to win the championship. Likewise the Nets could have the best fans in the world and they'll still be shit.

If you don't receive a ring when they win (there may be very few exceptions), it's retarded to say "we".

1) I'm black.

Never said it didn't.

I no longer stan for the Heat. After last nights WIN I realized I was just a huge Wade fan.

After the Kobe/Shaq split I turned my stanhood to the Lakers and Heat because I was still a huge stan for Shaq.

Yes I will always SUPPORT the Knicks and Nets because I am from NY. Growing up NY teams were garbage so I was always a Lakers fan because the kid in me loved the winning ways of both the Lakers and Heat

Plus Golden STATE. State. Read it again golden STATE. Which includes where the Lakers play. I dont want to stan for GSW but I have to because of their name

Plus for the record I am only a Warriors/Lakers fan

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    I no longer stan for the Heat. After last nights WIN I realized I was just a huge Wade fan.

After the Kobe/Shaq split I turned my stanhood to the Lakers and Heat because I was still a huge stan for Shaq.

Yes I will always SUPPORT the Knicks and Nets because I am from NY. Growing up NY teams were garbage so I was always a Lakers fan because the kid in me loved the winning ways of both the Lakers and Heat

Plus Golden STATE. State. Read it again golden STATE. Which includes where the Lakers play. I dont want to stan for GSW but I have to because of their name

Plus for the record I am only a Warriors/Lakers fan
    Bruh, thats some blatant bandwagoning.