Thread: Persona 5 Royal

Default Persona 5 Royal

Coming out October 31st. Persona 5 was brilliant, I was going to wait for the western version but I will be having a lot more free time soon. Who else is stoked?

Default Re: Persona 5 Royal

This game gets massive love and rave reviews but i've never been into turn based RPG's like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. What's diff about Persona5 that separates it's greatness?

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    This game gets massive love and rave reviews but i've never been into turn based RPG's like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. What's diff about Persona5 that separates it's greatness?
    Persona 5 is one of my all time favorite games.

I don't like turn based rpgs or combat (other than chrono trigger lol), but Persona 5's is by faaaarrrr the most fun turn based combat system ever. you just want to keep playing and I found everything about the game awesome (from the style to the characters, to the soundtrack and story). I'm definitely getting this, the western release next year. You kind of have to like anime at least a little bit though.

Started Hollow Knight yesterday; that shit is dope as hell.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh
    Don't know about Persona 5 but Persona 4 aside from its fantasy monster battles also played as a social simulator and had a mystery behind it the full story of which you could easily have missed entirely. All of them are adolescent but it was a distinctively different RPG experience for someone not familiar with the series. Don't know if it has already become a clich
    Last edited by Stephonit; 10-13-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    Don't know about Persona 5 but Persona 4 aside from its fantasy monster battles also played as a social simulator and had a mystery behind it the full story of which you could easily have missed entirely. All of them are adolescent but it was a distinctively different RPG experience for someone not familiar with the series. Don't know if it has already become a clich
    Idk what a clich is, but this is a good explanation.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    Idk what a clich is, but this is a good explanation.
    The above post was clipped, probably during the move process to the new server. The word was supposed to be cliché and there was more after that.

Good college starter

For those who don't use a console and play exclusively on PC, might want to check out Persona 4 Golden which has been released on Steam.