Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Bernie Sanders would allow Terrorists, Rapists, Murderers, or any felon to Vote

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    America's Founding Fathers were idiots. Imagine giving common folk the right to vote! What insanity! Only nobles with the breeding, culture, education, and wealth should be allowed to run the country.
    This

Default Re: Bernie Sanders would allow Terrorists, Rapists, Murderers, or any felon to Vote

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Bernie Sanders isn’t who he presents himself to be. The dude was genuinely a communist back when the USSR was still around. And I don’t mean that in the nonsense way that some righties disingenuously called Obama a communist.
    Isn't it the communist mindset to NOT let the people vote? Never heard of a communist country that held free and open elections (not talking about the sham of only having one party elections either). How the hell is Bernie a communist and wants MORE people to vote

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

ElHombre, if a prisoner does not lose his right to vote while serving time, then logically, he should not lose his right to own and carry a firearm while in prison as well, right? This isn

NBA All-star

imagine being told by the Supreme Court it'll take 4 years till your case is being reviewed and chances of it being postponed for further examination is increasing

[QUOTE=Patrick Chewing]ElHombre, if a prisoner does not lose his right to vote while serving time, then logically, he should not lose his right to own and carry a firearm while in prison as well, right? This isn

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Two completely different issues, voting is not on the same plane as gun ownership. An "i voted" sticker is a lot different than a device specifically designed to kill other human beings.

I don't know how other states work but here if you are convicted of a felony which causes you to not to be able to own a gun you can apply in court to have that restriction lifted. You make your case, the state has an option to object if they want to, and a judge makes the decision. I'm fine with that.
    It's not a completely different issue since owning a gun is a constitutional right.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

edit : lol, enjoy that one mods

how about someone caught with a kilo - should they have their voting rights revoked? i personally don't think so.

a child molestor or the boston bomber? i really don't give a shit, let them vote too. although i will say they should be gang raped and murdered in the worst way behind bars. that'll take their voting rights away without an argument, ha.

what about other felons - computer hackers, b&e career criminals, folks buying guns on the dark web? are we gonna make individual laws for every felony offense in the book?

i just don't see it as a big deal. well, i suppose those on death row shouldn't be allowed a vote. i think we could all agree to that making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Isn't it the communist mindset to NOT let the people vote?
    Yeah, AFTER they

5-time NBA All-Star

That is most un-Christian of you, Pat, to refer to human beings as "terrorists, rapists, murderers." There are people who are engaged in violent acts, there are people who may succumb to their carnal desires and do that, and there are people who may kill out of anger--but to label them that definitively as if that constitutes their whole personality---I mean who exactly are you, Pat, to condemn these people? Are you perfect?

Doors of repentance are wide open until our death.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    That is most un-Christian of you, Pat, to refer to human beings as "terrorists, rapists, murderers." There are people who are engaged in violent acts, there are people who may succumb to their carnal desires and do that, and there are people who may kill out of anger--but to label them that definitively as if that constitutes their whole personality---I mean who exactly are you, Pat, to condemn these people? Are you perfect?

Doors of repentance are wide open until our death.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Isn't Bernie Sanders like 80 years old? What is this dementia ridden walking corpse doing running for President?