Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'm not a fan of those rides. Spoilers and all that stuff. If anything its a good lookin photo capture the background.

I find that I take a lot pictures of graffitti.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Took it earlier. Sick photo, ye?
    Nice, the draw distance is insane.

One of mine. Cigarettes and booze are so dumb and pointless. I'm loving the online so far though and I hope I can find some more time to play it tonight or tomorrow. I'm so glad that online isn't just assisted aiming. If you have free aim set on your single player, the game will automatically put you in free aim games. If you somehow enter a friend's game with assisted aiming, you will also have assisted aiming. You can go back into single player to reset it to free aim and then either make your own room or search for a new game. The online has immense potential, especially considering that they haven't added heists or user created content yet.

Ah, man. The online is so fun, but to be honest, I only seemed to enjoy it a lot when playing with a friend. Once my friend left, I just started losing interest. I kept getting put into game modes with little English kids who had accents so thick that I couldn't understand them at all.
    One thing that pissed me off was that I robbed a store with some random dude. I collected the money and then we split the cash. We went and robbe another store. He collected the money this time and then took off, leaving me to fend off the cops. He didn't split the cash with me.
    It annoyed the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Ah, man. The online is so fun, but to be honest, I only seemed to enjoy it a lot when playing with a friend. Once my friend left, I just started losing interest. I kept getting put into game modes with little English kids who had accents so thick that I couldn't understand them at all.
    One thing that pissed me off was that I robbed a store with some random dude. I collected the money and then we split the cash. We went and robbe another store. He collected the money this time and then took off, leaving me to fend off the cops. He didn't split the cash with me.
    So true. I also tend to lose quite a bit of money from getting killed when I'm alone. So many people on that game are always out to kill you for no reason. I've only managed to buy the cheapest apartment so far. Now I'm dead broke.

Fellas when you are in single player? Hit start, go to Online then Play GTA Online. You will see options like invite only, crew mode, solo mode etc etc. You do not have to go to the public lobby where guys can bother you unless you want too. Yes everything is exactly the same in solo or invite only modes. Trust me I've done that past two days. You can still hold up stores, still do missions. Also you can if you want do deathmatch, race, whatever by pulling up your phone or going to the symbol in the area.

Second if you want to stack up on money? Do missions for Gerald. Simeon missions are easy. You can put those on HARD so you rack up on XP to level up quicker however his payouts are anywhere from $1,000 to $3000. If you're solo you can do these missions by yourself. Gerald missions you can do by yourself but its quicker with a teammate or two. At any rate here is what you do. Call Gerald or Simeon and they will give you a mission. If the mission pays out well keep REPLAYING the mission over and over and over and over. The missions you replay they spawn you AT the mission do no driving all the way across the map to do it.

I've done this mission called No Hay Bronco from Gerald. Its $9,000 every single time. I even did this solo and once you figure out the pattern you can fly by it. I've done this mission straight at least 20 times. Why else am I posting at 4am. I have close to $300,000. Level 23. If you want money do this mission or Violent Duct from Gerald. Simeon I cant think of the name but his missions are basically REPO missions. Go to destination steal car, lose cops (wanted level) then drive to his shop. He gives good XP. I had a mission with him where I was getting 1400 XP each repeat. Levelled up quick.

2 options you dudes might want to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Ha! I kept getting the English kids too. Damn kids shouldn't even be playing the game.

Finally got playing today. Pretty fun, hopefully some more ways to make $ opens up rather then making 1K-5K for the jobs you pull.

The online is an absolute train wreck! It's insane. It seems to be amazing, but the fact that some people still can't connect is just bullshit. I haven't even got to play online. I can't even get the beginning street race to work. It freezes at "Waiting for players..." everytime.

I know they sold a stupid amount of games, but damn...two week wait for the online only to have to wait longer for their dumbass problems? Blaahh. It's gonna be awesome IF it ever works.

I just downloaded a patch for GTA 5. Try it fellas, maybe it'll help. First phone call I got was Lester saying I need to buy a high end apartment because he has some pretty BIG jobs coming up. Bank Heists anyone?

Yesterdays patch fixed everything for me. I played for a couple hours last night without issue. Mainly just getting ran over by cars and trying to run people off the road.

Home of the 16

@GOBB - I only like that car because of the engine sound. All of the common cars have the same engine sound & it was getting annoying & boring. lol

The most hilarious & ridiculous thing happened yesterday. Me & 3 other random people went to do a Simeon mission. Steal 2 cars from two people driving around town (sports car). I was trying to go solo & do my own thing, but the other dude decided to roll with me. So, I did all the work & trapped the guy & returned the car to Simeon. But the other two fools decided bump the driver & that scared him off ... & of course, they got that stupid slow ass cars & the car they were trying to capture was a sports car ... so they chased him all the way to Blaine County . While they were heading towards Blaine County (east side freeway), I was about a mile away from them (also in the free way), & it looked like the driver wanted to go around the map, go through Blaine County & come back to Los Santos... So I decided to go through Sandy Shores to cut him off ... Which was a pretty bad idea It was such a bumpy ride & it had these gnarly roads, & that slowed me down ... BIG TIME. But if I kept going using the freeway, I would've been there by now & got him.

So, the driver stopped & toyed around with them in Blaine County & drove off to the east side free way again . AND THEY STILL DIDN'T CAPTURE THE CAR. & My stupid ass was still in the forest trying to get to North Chumash free way (West side). By then, I think they were probably chasing off him around Mount Chianski Mountain Range (Check your map) & the driver turned around & decided to drive to Blaine County again ... which was a bad idea. So I was finally there, grazed the car, but I missed him. There were a lot of cars... sheesh... & those f*ckers had mics & complained about how small the car was & how could I have missed him?

So I turned around & went Fast & the Furious on their asses...... So there, I tailed the car & got him. ... I didn't even get a 'thank you'.

Note that while I was on my way to go through Sandy Shores to "cut the driver off", I picked up a sports car. It was a car where it showed an engine or whatever that was on the back. lmao

I think that mission took us about 45 minutes to complete. lol
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 10-05-2013 at 01:48 PM.

The Tesla-style electric car is awesome. Definitely my favorite car in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    @GOBB - I only like that car because of the engine sound. All of the common cars have the same engine sound & it was getting annoying & boring. lol

The most hilarious & ridiculous thing happened yesterday. Me & 3 other random people went to do a Simeon mission. Steal 2 cars from two people driving around town (sports car). I was trying to go solo & do my own thing, but the other dude decided to roll with me. So, I did all the work & trapped the guy & returned the car to Simeon. But the other two fools decided bump the driver & that scared him off ... & of course, they got that stupid slow ass cars & the car they were trying to capture was a sports car ... so they chased him all the way to Blaine County . While they were heading towards Blaine County (east side freeway), I was about a mile away from them (also in the free way), & it looked like the driver wanted to go around the map, go through Blaine County & come back to Los Santos... So I decided to go through Sandy Shores to cut him off ... Which was a pretty bad idea It was such a bumpy ride & it had these gnarly roads, & that slowed me down ... BIG TIME. But if I kept going using the freeway, I would've been there by now & got him.

So, the driver stopped & toyed around with them in Blaine County & drove off to the east side free way again . AND THEY STILL DIDN'T CAPTURE THE CAR. & My stupid ass was still in the forest trying to get to North Chumash free way (West side). By then, I think they were probably chasing off him around Mount Chianski Mountain Range (Check your map) & the driver turned around & decided to drive to Blaine County again ... which was a bad idea. So I was finally there, grazed the car, but I missed him. There were a lot of cars... sheesh... & those f*ckers had mics & complained about how small the car was & how could I have missed him?

So I turned around & went Fast & the Furious on their asses...... So there, I tailed the car & got him. ... I didn't even get a 'thank you'.

Note that while I was on my way to go through Sandy Shores to "cut the driver off", I picked up a sports car. It was a car where it showed an engine or whatever that was on the back. lmao

I think that mission took us about 45 minutes to complete. lol
    Funny because I did that mission too SOLO. Took me about 45mins or longer as well plus the payout wasnt even worth it. I was pissed. Couldnt find the car then when I did it would be driving on wrong side of traffic. And what made it long is I ran out of ammo. No way to stop the 2nd car.

I found a very cheesy way to make money fast.

Go rob a gas station, step outside after getting the money and press the pause button, go to the PlayStation Store or the XBox equivalent at the end of the pause menu, click on it, click X or A when it says it'll save the progress, exit the PS/XBox store, and you'll return right in front of the gas station you were robbing without a wanted level. Rinse and repeat. I went from $70k to $104k in just ~15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I just downloaded a patch for GTA 5. Try it fellas, maybe it'll help. First phone call I got was Lester saying I need to buy a high end apartment because he has some pretty BIG jobs coming up. Bank Heists anyone?
    Will be awesome if they're included.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Will be awesome if they're included.
    Rockstar already said that heists will be added in the coming weeks, along with the user content creator.