Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Dame Lillard = Wade with a jump shot

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    No. Lillard is a killer but he ain't nearly as good as prime Wade. Wade in 2009 might have had the greatest SG season ever.
    Easily the greatest non Jordan SG season anyway.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

The way they approach the game, John wall is similar to wade. Both attack the rim, and have a balanced score pass style, and both are really good help defenders consudering their position. With that said, Lillard and wall are nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    The way they approach the game, John wall is similar to wade. Both attack the rim, and have a balanced score pass style, and both are really good help defenders consudering their position. With that said, Lillard and wall are nothing alike.
    Similar in the way a Tiger is similar to a house cat I guess. They are both felines. John Wall is a complete scrub compared to Dwyane Wade. He's also completely useless if he doesn't get to the rim. Again, from 3-10 feet Wade was excellent with his floater/toss shots. He's a 46% career shooter from that range while Wall shoots 32% from this range for his career. Wall also has about 2 good defensive seasons. The more he shot the worse his defense got. He hasn't played any semblance of decent defense since 2016. Wade was always a good defensive player from beginning of his career and great in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Similar in the way a Tiger is similar to a house cat I guess. They are both felines. John Wall is a complete scrub compared to Dwyane Wade. He's also completely useless if he doesn't get to the rim. Again, from 3-10 feet Wade was excellent with his floater/toss shots. He's a 46% career shooter from that range while Wall shoots 32% from this range for his career. Wall also has about 2 good defensive seasons. The more he shot the worse his defense got. He hasn't played any semblance of decent defense since 2016. Wade was always a good defensive player from beginning and great in his prime.
    Just because a player isn't as good as another, doesn't mean they can't have a similar playing style.

Just because a player isn't as good as another, doesn't mean they can't have a similar playing style.
    He doesn't as I just pointed out. Wall has to get to the rim completely to be useful. Wade actually was a skilled basketball player and could go to floaters and toss shots. John Wall has literally never had one efficient scoring season in his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Lillard has more range. He's way quicker. More clutch than Gilbert Arenas too.

Arenas freakin choked because Lebron got in his ear. That ain't happening to Lillard.
    Arenas had range, he just didn't exhibit it like todays players do. Lillard is easily the better athlete though and more explosive, but arenas was deceptively quick and had great change of pace.

Lillard is clearly the better player.

So, for you, similar playing style has to equal similar caliber of player?

So, for you, similar playing style has to equal similar caliber of player?
    You clowns need to stop comparing every decent to all star goddamn athletic guard 6'4" or smaller to Dwyane Wade. That's literally the basis of every "like Dwyane wade" argument.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Lillard and Wade play nothing alike.

Lillard is far more similar to Curry.

He's a skill/finesse player.

Wade had skill, but athleticism and power as well. Much more akin to college/young Jordan.

retarded comp

not even gonna get into defense but Wade is arguably the GOAT slasher in his prime. Lillard isnt anywhere close. Wade uses his strength, explosiveness and athleticism alot. Dame uses it but hes more finesse. And Wade was known for playing bully ball in the post and overpowering dudes at 6'3 and crashing the o glass

dame is one of the best shooters in the league and Wade was never in that discussion but had some nice midrange seasons

their games are very different

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Dame Lillard = a short prime Wade with a jump shot

This is my take having watched half a game of Lillard for the first time ever.

Which is pretty good I guess. I like his game, strong drives, seems likeable and a good leader, unlike wade.
    I like Dame alot but he's nowhere close to Wade in his prime. He can't impact the game on both ends like wade could. If your talking just offence then yeah he's close but there's a whole other half of the ball that your forgetting. Y'all just caught up in the moment.
    Last edited by Bronbron23; 05-01-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    I like Dame alot but he's nowhere close to Wade in his prime. He can't impact the game on both ends like wade could. If your talking just offence then yeah he's close but there's a whole other half of the ball that your forgetting. Y'all just caught up in the moment.
    This is the effect of Wade subjugating his game to incorporate Lebron. It's been 8-10 years since we've seen *that* guy and in the world of 'what have you done for me lately' sports, a lot of people have forgotten just how fukking special peak Wade was.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    I'm talking in terms of freak athletic ability and body type that Mitchell is the MOST SIMILAR to Wade in today's game! And I'm saying MOST SIMILAR. That doesn't mean they play exactly the same. If u NOTICED I said Mitchell isn't on Wade's level yet AT ALL! Because he isn't the defender, passer, or dominant scorer YET that Wade was. My point was Donovan Mitchell FOR THE REASONS I pointed out is the closest to D Wade today. I'm NOT SAYING he's close to a prime D Wade yet as a player. The kid is still All Star caliber with a ton of upside though! And he FOR SURE slashes enough to the rack to showcase his freak athletic ability! If u can't see some similarities between Mitchell and Wade, u are blind! HELL even D Wade SAID Mitchell reminds him of himself!!!!

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ll/2192954002/

I randomly stumbled upon this, and even though Mitchell is a great athlete, hes 6'1.25" without shoes compared to DWade's 6'3.75" without shoes. So with a shoe with average sole (1.2 inches added) D. Wade is actually what should be considered a legit 6'5" in the NBA. It's interesting then that he's always had the undersized description even though he's also bulky and has an 8'6" standing reach.

With average-sized shoe soles, D. Mitchell still comes in at under 6'3," so he's actually much shorter than DWade overall. He also isn't as fast or as good of a ballhandler. Definitely more bounce though.

I agree with the Dame-Gilbert arenas comparisons, but I actually think Gil was a bit more athletic because he's faster/quicker compared to Dame, who is more of a floor general.

I saw this as a Lillard fan. Wade was a way better basketball player in his prime. Much better.

I wonder if Isaiah Thomas is a better comparison. Lillard has shown a lot more hustle on defense in recent years. Especially when he got in Westbrook's face in the playoffs.

Wade is just on a legedary level. Like MJ level when his knees were good.