Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: KD deletes disrespectful tweets...Steven A Smith and SkipBayless DESTROY him

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    durant is mad because kawhi is better than him. already has a finals mvp over him too.
    I hope people realize that the more they talk up Kawhi (and he is a good young player for sure), the less credit Tim Duncan gets. We had a similar situation with Tony Parker's Finals MVP where a number of people instantly crowned him as the best point guard in the league and a preeminent player, only to backtrack when they realized they were mitigating Duncan's legacy. Now, several years later, people insist Duncan was robbed of that MVP award.

I suspect in a few years... or maybe as early as next season, memories will fade and people will assert that Duncan was robbed. Just remember that the things you write here tend to pop up again.

Default Re: KD deletes disrespectful tweets...Steven A Smith and SkipBayless DESTROY him

KDs right but he a fakkit for deleting the tweet

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Are you socially retarded?
    Some of us are lions, some of us are lambs.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    I hope people realize that the more they talk up Kawhi (and he is a good young player for sure), the less credit Tim Duncan gets. We had a similar situation with Tony Parker's Finals MVP where a number of people instantly crowned him as the best point guard in the league and a preeminent player, only to backtrack when they realized they were mitigating Duncan's legacy. Now, several years later, people insist Duncan was robbed of that MVP award.

I suspect in a few years... or maybe as early as next season, memories will fade and people will assert that Duncan was robbed. Just remember that the things you write here tend to pop up again.
    The difference in the 2 FMVPs is that Leonard earned it on both sides of the floor. He thoroughly deserved it for the job he did on the defensive end guarding Lebron in addition to his scoring (only 0.2 pts less than Parker and 2.4 pts more than Duncan).

In 07, Parker was the best player on the offensive end, but the key to the series was containing Lebron with Bowen on the perimeter and Duncan in the paint. When Lebron couldn't drive to the basket, score/dish, he had to put up contested 2s and his jump shot was nothing near today's. IMO, Spurs would have won that series even without Parker's scoring - not a sweep, but eventually. Spurs were too deep, too experienced, too much firepower to lose to Cavs once Lebron was contained.
    Last edited by rmt; 06-17-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Some of us are lions, some of us are lambs.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night..

National High School Star

That was a massive load of bullshit.

The Spurs team as a whole is great, but the mvp is an individual award, everybody know if they could give it to multiple guys, this team would have 4, maybe 5 players with it.

Duncans legacy? Every one on this board worries too much about legacy, goat status etc etc. How bout Duncan going down in history as the greatest PF to ever play the game? Isn't that enough?

You have to start thinking like the Spurs do, it's not about the individual, it's about the team and the greater goal.

College superstar

^proof there are more duncan fans (WTF) than actual spurs fans

nobody actually cares about the spurs, which is sad. they are masters of execution.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

So all of you fa99ots would rather every athlete sound politically correct on every media outlet the one second you find them say something even remotely controversial you blast on the guy. Do you really want athletes who have no personality and are afraid to speak their mind? Again you all are fukking fa990ts

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    So all of you fa99ots would rather every athlete sound politically correct on every media outlet the one second you find them say something even remotely controversial you blast on the guy. Do you really want athletes who have no personality and are afraid to speak their mind? Again you all are fukking fa990ts
    calm down fatass

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Whole lotta talk about nothing. PG is better than Leonard. Leonard played great. Leonard won a championship because he plays with a bunch of great players and a great coach.

KD is probably a little jealous of how great the system works for San Antonio, because the OKC Thunder don't have that same luxery. What's really worth debating here?

NBA lottery pick

Leonard > George >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durant.

Durant has pissed me off all post-season. Dude was less than stellar most of the playoffs. Didn't live up to expectations. He backs Scott Brooks publicly to keep his job after failing AGAIN in the playoffs but tweets something about the FMVP being a product of a team's system? Nikka worry about your own "system" before talking smack about someone else being a product of theirs. WTF?

You're losing me Kevin.. the worst of it to me is supporting Brooks. Do you want to win or not? You're not a smart guy is you can't see the current system in OKC is holding you back.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Whatever helps you sleep at night..
    It's real life. Grow up and see the world for what it is. People tend to like people who are like minded and people can be very different. No matter how you are, the majority of people are not like you. It's not something to be "sad" about nor something we should wish to change. It's ok that lots a people and personality types don't mix well.

"There are lions and lambs" was a simple way of me saying it's ok to be one and not mix with the other.

You ask if I'm "socially retarded"? Perhaps I am in some ways. I socialize well with the people I socialize well with. Those who I don't are not a concern of mine. It's not a "we can all be friends" world. Religious people for example. I don't like them and they don't like me. Doesn't mean they're bad. It just means they're lambs.

Uniformity = the lack of individuality.
    Last edited by NumberSix; 06-17-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    That was a massive load of bullshit.

The Spurs team as a whole is great, but the mvp is an individual award, everybody know if they could give it to multiple guys, this team would have 4, maybe 5 players with it.

Duncans legacy? Every one on this board worries too much about legacy, goat status etc etc. How bout Duncan going down in history as the greatest PF to ever play the game? Isn't that enough?

You have to start thinking like the Spurs do, it's not about the individual, it's about the team and the greater goal.
    That's not as universally accepted as you think it is. I don't think he is.

Banned

There is nothing wrong with what KD said, its just the timing of it that has made it an issue in the media.