Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Euroleauge is tougher than the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I have never watched a Euroleague game, so I cant say anything about the accuracy of what you have said, but even if it were true, who cares?

Who watches basketball for toughness? We want to see skill and athleticism. Its like those guys that watch hockey for fighting. Why? I have never understood the appeal. Almost any boxer/mma fighter is better at fighting than the toughest hockey player.

If I want to see a toughness I would watch an MMA or Boxing match.
    The same people who prefer college basketball to the NBA. The NBA turns people away because of how many mentally weak prima donnas there are in it. The only reason they are in the league at all is because of the height, wingspan, athletisicm they were blessed with. Nothing else.

You turn on the Euroleague for comparison and you see humans that your average working class can relate to. Guys who leave it all on the floor. Guys who will work hard. Guys who will do whatever it takes to win. Guys who can accept criticism.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    The same people who prefer college basketball to the NBA. The NBA turns people away because of how many mentally weak prima donnas there are in it. The only reason they are in the league at all is because of the height, wingspan, athletisicm they were blessed with. Nothing else.

You turn on the Euroleague for comparison and you see humans that your average working class can relate to. Guys who leave it all on the floor. Guys who will work hard. Guys who will do whatever it takes to win. Guys who can accept criticism.
    Vassilis is a scrub

LeBron is playing in a league, which has weakass mentality?

Euroleague more skilled but slower and less athletic.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by JUDGE WITNESS
    ah yes the "hockey is a mans game and basketball is for girls" crowd

almost exclusively hicks though so its really not a surprise
    those people are so dumb. Even the toughest hockey player would get wrecked by a bad boxer or MMA fighter

Banned

Actually Hockey is not popular in the South, so "hicks" typically arn't big NHL fans.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Nah. Euroleague is simply a tier below the NBA, evident by their 10-44 H2H record vs the NBA.
    Are those games all "NBA preseason" games?

You do realize those are pointless exhibitions right? And the strength of the Euroleague teams(heart, toughness, will to win) are not attributes that are usually on display in an exhibition. When everyone is just going through the motions it is no surprise at all that the team with taller, longer, and better athletes will win more often than not. I'm not saying the Euroleague teams would win more often than not if the games meant something, but that head to head matchup would be A LOT closer.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    those people are so dumb. Even the toughest hockey player would get wrecked by a bad boxer or MMA fighter
    And the best, most toughest boxer would get wrecked by a bad hockey player in a game of hockey. Different sports. Different objectives. Who's dumb now?

And I'd put money on the average NHL player beating the shit out of the average NBA player.
    Last edited by TonyMontana; 01-27-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Reported.

Banned

so by your logic I guess the leagues down in the congo are tougher than euro league, they have to survive on so much less while still performing. Hell the players who are chosen to go live in basketball camps in china talked about in that yao documentary must be the toughest players in the world with the pressure and discipline their coaches put on them with beatings and forced practices. We should all give up and watch other leagues based on how tough it is? **** the NBA, let's televise the d-league because those guys have to get by on buses and 40k a year!

Banned

Actually Hockey is not popular in the South, so "hicks" typically arn't big NHL fans.

You do realize those are pointless exhibitions right? And the strength of the Euroleague teams(heart, toughness, will to win) are not attributes that are usually on display in an exhibition. When everyone is just going through the motions it is no surprise at all that the team with taller, longer, and better athletes will win more often than not. I'm not saying the Euroleague teams would win more often than not if the games meant something, but that head to head matchup would be A LOT closer.

And the best, most toughest boxer would get wrecked by a bad hockey player in a game of hockey. Different sports. Different objectives. Who's dumb now?

And I'd put money on the average NHL player would beat the shit out of your average NBA player.
    If the Euroleague is so much tougher then why did V-Span only average 2.7 ppg in the NBA? isn't he the best player in Euroleague?

Hockey is an objectively tougher sport than basketball.

And lol at the "hicks" part. In North America, hockey is most popular in the North East, and of course, Canada. Those aren't exactly hick locations.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 01-27-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Your GoranDragon account got banned so you decided to come back on this one?
    its amazing how he comes back right after that account is banned. even the way he talks is the same. you'd think you'd at least try to cover it up right...

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Hockey is an objectively tougher sport than basketball.

And lol at the "hicks" part. In North America, hockey is most popular in the North East, and of course, Canada. Those aren't exactly hick locations.
    Hockey is extremely popular in upstate new york and non coastal maine and those areas are far more "hick" than anyone would ever expect. They adopted country music and even fly confederate flags, it's very odd.

Actually, many EL teams (especially coaches) have been quoted saying these H2Hs are important. VERY important. A huge measuring stick to their teams success. The NBA? Not so much, but talent alone renders them a 44-10 advantage. Just imagine NBA teams going all out and playing their starters ie. like they do in the regular-season/EL teams do? Scary to think about.

Local High School Star

I would like to see nba players performing in one of those loud arenas..