Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Default Re: Stephen A. Smith thinks Mike D'Antoni owes Kobe Bryant a public apology

D'Antoni needs to host a $2 million I'm-Sorry-Kobe party, and bow down on his knees for the sins he has caused to Godbe.

Default Re: Stephen A. Smith thinks Mike D'Antoni owes Kobe Bryant a public apology

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Imagine you are playing a game and your best player, who is not playing, is criticizing the way you guys are playing PUBLICLY. Save it for the locker room.

Does that foster any good feelings, or resentment?

Don't have blinders over your eyes. This was a bad move from their leader. He is putting the team on blast while not helping the team. Makes no sense.
    Or you can look at it that Kobe was injured and stuck at home, so he couldn't tell his team after they got out of the huddle "hey, this guys plan is shit, lets do it this way instead". Maybe he just sees D'Antonis game plan was crap and he didn't have time to text every team member individually. That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Imagine you are playing a game and your best player, who is not playing, is criticizing the way you guys are playing PUBLICLY. Save it for the locker room.

Does that foster any good feelings, or resentment?

Don't have blinders over your eyes. This was a bad move from their leader. He is putting the team on blast while not helping the team. Makes no sense.

- "putting the team on Blast"????

- Kobe basically said...get the ball to Pau ...let him work the post.
    How is that bad?....

again...Kobe is proven .....

I would rather follow a leader who cares...who is engaged....who loves the game....

- so many Haters just looking for reasons.....Stephen A is 100% correct

Banned

Stephen A Smith has racial paranoia. The crux of his gripe here is that a coach who happens to be white dare to marginalize the tweeting of a player who happens to be black.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    he says things to get ratings. in that respect he's very succesful. He's basically a paid troll, he knows his audience and he knows how to elicit responses and attention.
    Absolutely. SAS and Bayless are two of the most highly-paid trolls in history.

As for Kobe and tweeting, didn't he say he wouldn't be doing it anymore? Probably a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Stephen A Smith has racial paranoia. The crux of his gripe here is that a coach who happens to be white dare to marginalize the tweeting of a player who happens to be black.

What?...

I wouldn't take it that far. SAS acts 'radical' for the attention it brings, but I don't think he really is.

GET THIS TMZ SHIT OUTTA HERE

Insidehoops is for basketball discussions. First Take is just men acting like Women under the guise of "sports talk".

National High School Star

I didn't get that at all from this.

Local High School Star

i've already forgiven dantoni for this but kobe is not as forgiving as me. sorry mike but i feel another death stare coming.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Or you can look at it that Kobe was injured and stuck at home, so he couldn't tell his team after they got out of the huddle "hey, this guys plan is shit, lets do it this way instead". Maybe he just sees D'Antonis game plan was crap and he didn't have time to text every team member individually. That's how I see it.
    Whether his assessment of the game plan was right or wrong, you don't call your out your coach (or anyone on the team for that matter) in a public forum. That's common sense.

If he really wanted to give them some advice, I'm sure there was a better mechanism available.

That being said, I think his advice was spot on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I wouldn't take it that far. SAS acts 'radical' for the attention it brings, but I don't think he really is.

Everything with him is about race. He was salty as hell about Nash winning MVP. For years he always downplayed Dirk, not even based on the choking rep but just sayin he wasnt all that great as people say. He absolutely hated Lin when he had success, but was defending Carmelo even when he was playing like a bonehead and all of MSG was booing him. He is always downplaying white guys and hyping up black players. Its been true since hes been in broadcasting.

Stephen A resents white people in basketball (and in general). He acts like bball is only supposed to be for brothers. And iftheres any sort of conflict between a white dude and a black dude that has nothin to do with race, stephen a smith gets offended from a racial perspective and sides with the black dude. Always. This is no different.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    What?...

April 2013 join date argument, is quite an irrelevant one. It is a classic red herring. Just as stupid as using race, age, or sex as a predicate for an argument.

Anyways, when it comes to Kobe's tweets, I think of the old saying "with great power comes great responsibility." Celebrities/sports figures have a great deal more power and visibility in social media, and it is for this reason they should probably filter themselves and think for maybe a minute or two before they put something out there. Lebron, and now Kobe are equally guilty of twitter vomit.

Yeah, Kobe can say what ever he wants. Doesn't mean there won't be unintended consequences.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Not sure were Dantonis ego comes from though....

40-32 AND 4-1 WITHOUT KOBE

KOBE IS JUST A FAN

I don't get picked last at the park anymore loganwadams's Avatar

I don't really see anything wrong with it. Smith just blew it way out of proportion.